A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Offence taken, none intended!

Post 8281

Effers;England.

smiley - laugh I haven't been called 'lady' in a while.

She was not correct, Vicky.

I'm highly intelligent, and I frequently swear.

Post 8282

DA ; Simply Vicky: Don't get pithy with me!

<>

No. You call it 'disgusting anti-Semitism, I call it a theory.

<>
He has?
<>
Not that I've read - and he's often published here in our local paper.
<< Cohn - I don't know about.>>

Same.

<>

Filth? Give me a break! I am not anti-semitic, I am anti-Zionist, and for good reason.

Anti-Christian and anti-Muslim views are okay, but (supposed) anti-Semitism is filth? That's the rankest foulest hypocrisy. Shame on you!

Post 8283

Effers;England.

Oh for christ sakes calm down, Vicky.

Post 8284

Oh Effers, why should I? I am supposed to let your foul insult about my mother pass. Tell me why?

If I was to sneer at your family, there'd be hell to pay, and that'd be a double standard you'd refuse to recognise.

I am not happy with you - not that you care.

Post 8285

Edward the Bonobo - Gone.

Vicky,

You made a connection regarding the ethnicity, not religious beliefs, of three people at least one of whom and probably all three are Atheists. You attributed their views to their ethnicity.

That is plain, simple, old-fashioned anti-semitism.

In what way is it not?

In what way is it not putrid?

On what grounds would the mods overturn a Yikes?

Post 8286

Can you not at least admit a stupid error?

Post 8287

Effers;England.

smiley - laugh

Vicky you are more than welcome to sneer at my mother. She was endlessly critical and undermining of me. From what you've told me, not dissimilar to yours.

Post 8288

<>

Whoop-de-freaking do. If you're so intelligent, find a better way to express yourself than the language of a plumber or a rugby-playing knuckle dragger.

(Perfect example. The little girl next door lost her temper with her brother. Instead of calling him a ****** **** she called him a knuckle-dragger. Their quarrel came in through our open windows on Sunday, abnd I nearly wet myself laughing at her cleverness.)

Post 8289

Further, note for future reference - if I call someone 'lady', it's the opposite of a compliment.

It's almost the same as calling her a ******

VL

Post 8290

A misjudged remark on someone's mother surely pales into insignificance besides blatant anti-semitism?

Post 8291

My stupid error lay solely in using the word 'ethnicity'... it just seemed a weird stretch to use the word religion, when referring to Hitchens.

Israel was founded not on religion, but ethnicity. Its frequent making of wars and threats against neighbours is based on ethnicity not religion.

Israel abuses Palestinians on the basis of their ethnicity, not their religion, which includes both Christianity and Islam. Like it or not.

Post 8292

clzoomer- a bit woobly

I think before we go off on a tangent here, I have a question. What made you think that they Zionists because of their last names, Vicky?

Post 8293

Effers;England.

I don't think an Arab would necessarily agree with that statement, Ed smiley - winkeye

Post 8294

clzoomer- a bit woobly

sorry- *are Zionists*

Post 8295

<>

Yes, but that wasn't all there was to mine, and I don't loathe her because of one part of her character. She did what she could, as I am sure your does. I am not going to slag anyone off, welcome or not.

Post 8296

clzoomer- a bit woobly

Oh, and I call a lady a lady even if she isn't, because I'm a gentleman. smiley - winkeye

Post 8297

>>I think before we go off on a tangent here, I have a question. What made you think that they Zionists because of their last names, Vicky?

Indeed. Vicky's implication was, surely, that their views on the Iraq war are bound to be tainted by their Jewish background.

Certainly stinks of anti-semitism from where I'm sitting.

Post 8298

Oh grow up, Edward!

Why do Jews and Buddhists get a pass, from atheist fundamentalists and yet no other religion does?

I've asked that before, but no one has ever answered. Is it trendy political correctness, or fear?

Only Hoo, oddly, was even-handed in his hatred.

So, grow up.

I wish the majority of those wasting time with this fight would go to oblivion.

Post 8299

caesar

I haven't read the bloody book and I have no intention of bothering with it as I'm quite sure it would be simply reciting conclusions I have arrived at independently. I have, however, read 'God is not Great' and pretty much all of Dennett's books, and, more importantly I think, pretty much all of Hofstadter's books.

Now, as an expression of opinion, please see the subject line.

A person's name doesn't indicate religious or political leaning.

Post 8300

clzoomer- a bit woobly

Sorry, caesar. smiley - winkeye

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more