A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Why you should believe in God

Post 81

Gwennie

That's alright I think we're alone and I promise not to tell.... smiley - smiley

Post 82

Zebedee (still Pool God after all these years)

I tend to get a little too passionate about my football at times, rather hot under the collar. Especially when some cheating midget knocks us out of the World Cup!

Post 83

Gwennie

You'll be pleased to hear that my hubby who saw Maradonna on t.v. a couple of days ago, said he looked really fat and unwell... I expect he'll be with you very soon if he carries on abusing his body....

Post 84

Absolutely - he was hospitalised last week with a very dodgy ticker after hoovering up huge mountains of charlie (as per usual). The dwarven genius is now roughly the same shape as a football, with his rather impressively swollen gut lending him a certain spherical charm. And dying his hair bright yellow was a particularly daring move for someone who keeps trying to shoot photographers. Maybe, just maybe, if he wasn't so determined to stand out from the crowd and make such a spectacle of himself he wouldn't attract so much attention......

Post 85

Gwennie

See, who has to wait for some deity to inflict terrible revenge when the stupid sod can do it to himself.... smiley - smiley

Post 86

alicat (Patron Saint of Good Taste)

yes, it seems mankind in general is inficting more trouble and plagues upon itself. the job of God is now a relatively easy one. i'd be happy to fill in on weekends. that's when i'm at my drunkest and most God-like, anyway. i'll do it for nothing, and everything. i've been living in heaven all my life, and i know all the important rules, since i've broken every one of them. is there any of those purple mushrooms left?smiley - fish@

Post 87

Sounds like a healthy compromise to me. I'll need the odd evening off as well - interested?

Post 88

Gwennie

Righto - that appears to be settled then.

*Gwennie produces a rather large roll of toilet paper...*

Here's a contract of employment I've just knocked out, if you'd both like to sign it please...

Don't bother reading the small print smiley - smiley

Post 89

*signs on the dotted line* that's great. i think i'll go check out the party on Zitlurub VI. you coming?smiley - fish@

Post 90

Yes, Zeb, let us sign. Then, from now on, GOD can be everything, from A to Z. smiley - fish@

Post 91

Gwennie

Wait for me chaps .......

Post 92

*scribbles furiously*

Party? It won't clash with the stag night I hope.

Post 93

Gwennie

Which stag night would that be, then? smiley - smiley Or should I say whose?

Post 94

EV's - don't ask me where it is though, it seems to have spread over several fora. Go to my homepage and check out the conversation called E Vibensteins Pre-Marital Piss-Up. That should be a good starting point.

Post 95

no strippers at the stag,eh. *winks* hi Zeb. how do you like being God? pretty cool, eh? smiley - fish@

Post 96

Zanne

what?

Post 97

Sorry - very long weekend. I'll start today.

Pascals wager

Post 98

Olli

It was either DNA or Prachett who wrote that Pascal woke up in the after life surrounded by a mob of Gods holding big sticks who told him: Let us show you what we think of smart arses up here

Pascals wager

Post 99

Lisa the Freak // Poet by the Toga

sounds like pratchett

yes olli, i am stalking you. smiley - winkeyesmiley - winkeyesmiley - winkeye

Pascals wager

Post 100

Acheron

Definitely Pratchett, possibly Interesting Times, I've been flicking through at random for days trying to find it

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more