A Conversation for Ask h2g2

women's hair length

Post 41

Vestboy II not playing the Telegram Game at U726319

Well I think I prefer much shorter hair on chins and upper lips but slightly longer hair on heads. Call me old fashioned if you want.

women's hair length

Post 42

Saturnine

I like men to have short neat hair, or none at all. I went through a phase of only liking long hair on men, but then I grew up...

Really, honestly, and truly...everyone has different tastes and perceptions. Go for what you like, not what you think you should like.

women's hair length

Post 43

Spaceechik, Typomancer

RE: Post 16, Daraline --

"ps darrensmiley - love has his hair much longer than mine, his is halfway down his back. but to change tack, am i the only girl here who prefers long hair on men?"

No, you are definitely NOT! I'm just an ex-hippie who's happy to see long hair on guys coming back! IF it ever went away!!! smiley - biggrin

sc

women's hair length

Post 44

badger party tony party green party

Damn sort of makes me wish I hadn't got all mine hacked off. Still short and spikey seems to attract admiring glances from the Ladies so Im not too bothered their. Biggest problem with having long dreadlocks was they would "attack" Lizsmiley - loveblush when we were in bed together.

Lots of styles look good on women but if you want to get to the heart of a man like me try a style that:

Only requires one shelf full of products in the bathroom.

When you go to the hairdressers you dont spend more in one visit than I have in my entire life at the barbers.

Needs less than three hours and four noisy/hot appliances to get "right" ie not much different to how it looked three hours ago when you started.

Your not afraid to get messed up when its time for the "thai curry loving" smiley - rainbow

women's hair length

Post 45

Mu Beta

Post 35, Queegle: "I think it's one of those natural basic attraction things, but couldn't tell you why - B or Gnomon will probably know, they tend to know all sorts of odd things!"

Last time I looked, Gnomon and I had about as much growth on our heads as a pair of billiard balls.smiley - biggrin

I only cut mine the way it is, because I read that 1 in 8 women are attracted to bald heads.smiley - winkeye

B

women's hair length

Post 46

daisygirl

In my opinion, it all depends on your face shape, your eyes, how long your forehead is, your ears..(some people don't like their ears) As for me, my family is filled with hairdressers so I have been a hair model since I can remember. I have had every style every colour, and I still have hair! Amazing…as for what a guy likes I hear they prefer long hair but that has not stopped me from doing what looks the best on me.

As for the style on a guy, I prefer the clean cut look, but I guy that has beautiful curly shoulder length hair would definitely get a second even third look from me!

women's hair length

Post 47

Xanatic

Master B: What would the remaining 7 women like?

women's hair length

Post 48

Saturnine

Spanking.

smiley - tongueout

women's hair length

Post 49

daraline, keeper of unusual rats and deranged hamsters

smiley - bigeyes

women's hair length

Post 50

Al Johnston

smiley - drool

women's hair length

Post 51

A few years back I came up with one of my spurrious theories based on nothing more than my observations on mine and my friends encounters other men and women.

I guessed that no matter what you looked like the attraction rate for any man was about 1 in every ten women would fancy you. Not that all these women would let you know or be available but that roughly 1 in 10 women would like the way you looked. Every one sdaid I was talking out my arse and not a lot more was said.

Then a few months later came the revelations about Robin Cook and his Mistress came out. Most papers insinuated that because she was decent looking and he resembleda garden gnome that she was only attracted to him for his power or money. The Sun ran a phone poll (and I know its hardly scientific) but of the 7000 or so respondents over 800 said they found him attractive.

So you can have your hair any way you like someone's going to like the way it looks.

Except guys avoid crafty comb overs or weaves that look like a shredded wheat biscuit. Such obvious signs that your in denial and attempting to insult our intelligence with a hairstyle that looks like a badly thatched roof is not attractive to anyone.

women's hair length

Post 52

Queeglesproggit - Keeper of the evil Thingite Avon Lady Army and Mary Poppins's bag of darkness..

B, I thought you or Gnomon or Gosho might know the technicalities behind the basic instinctual attraction to long hair on women and 'strong' looking men.

You know, that women go for men that look as though they can protect, as in the animal kingdom. Perhaps women with long flowing locks also depict strength, being strong physiogically, and as the man naturally wants his seed to have the best chance of survival, he'll go to what seems to be the most superior female. smiley - huh

Again, as usual, there are others who can explain what I'm saying, but with more sense smiley - biggrin

women's hair length

Post 53

IctoanAWEWawi

Ah, but is there an instictive attraction to women with long hair? And if there is, I'd guess it has more to do with brainwashing our kids through fairy tales and cartoons that the beautiful princess has long hair therefore long hair = beauty, amongst other things.

women's hair length

Post 54

Queeglesproggit - Keeper of the evil Thingite Avon Lady Army and Mary Poppins's bag of darkness..

Hmmmm, yes, very good point smiley - scientist

women's hair length

Post 55

Ictoans right there probably isnt an instinctive desire for long haired women.

Men aren't that fussy we'll get sweaty with anyone.

Thats not strictly true but men are less discrening and naturally want more than one mate. Women have developed techniques to keep us faithful and pandering to your mans specific predilictions is one of the best ways of keeping him keen. Dont fall into the trap of just going on whats on the front of all those beauty magazines. Even if men do have a natural urge to "go on the sniff" anywhere we do have our own individual preferences although because of media pressure and peer preseure we might not voice them readily.

There are probably guys out there who secretly lust after *mullet girls*

women's hair length

Post 56

smiley - yikessmiley - cross You do NOT cross threads with things like that! smiley - cross

women's hair length

Post 57

smiley - sorrysmiley - grovel

women's hair length

Post 58

bah
smiley - borgsmiley - tomato

you've been let off with a mere one tomato warning..

women's hair length

Post 59

Saturnine

I'd doubt it was brainwashing.

Here's a bit of logic regarding instinct and survival.

Our hair has this habit of containing a lot of information : especially regarding the inner state of the body. If you are healthy, then so is your hair.

Hair falls out during chemotherapy. Hair falls out when you are ill/stressed. Ergo : hair falls out when there is something wrong.

However, if you are healthy, and know how to take care of yourself, your hair demonstrates that fact.

Instinct dictates that men choose women based on their looks, as a woman's body is more important than a man's because it incubates the unborn child for a long period of time. Hair plays an important role in all of that - if your hair is long and shiny, it shows you are healthy and take good care of yourself. Therefore, you are a prime candidate for mating with.

I haven't thought through the male side of things when it comes to hair; from my own personal standpoint, I think short hair on a man indicates maturity (I like older men, as well as bald men : mmm Patrick Stewart). Maturity = experience, knowledge and resources (if you want to be brutally honest) and those are qualities I find attractive.

women's hair length

Post 60

Mu Beta

That logic also extends to:

long hair = lower on the evolutionary scale.

Yes, of course I'm biased. But in my view men should not have to spend 30 minutes washing, blow-drying and styling their hair in the morning.

B

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more