A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Ladies and Gentlemen, your blood types, please.

Post 61

Haylle (Nyssabird) ? mg to recovery

Are these all the results I'm gonna get? *sigh*

*starts tabulating*

Post 62

Just Bob aka Robert Thompson, plugging my film blog cinemainferno-blog.blogspot.co.uk

Probably. How many have you got (I can't be bothered to count myself).

Post 63

Reality Manipulator

Female
As I am not allowed to give blood due to the medication I take. I do not know what my blood group is & no one has ever told me.

JA smiley - wizard

Post 64

Ek* this space intentionally left blank *ki

I've said what I am already - just tried to go and give more but they wouldn't let me ... interpid exploring in september disqualifies me until september next year ...

Post 65

The Ghost of Polidari

Room for one more???

I'm male A+.

Post 66

Just Bob aka Robert Thompson, plugging my film blog cinemainferno-blog.blogspot.co.uk

There seem to be so many factors that exclude one from donating blood...

Post 67

skugga (ACE), keeper of shadows, lots of rats, no betta splendens anymore and badly drawn vampires

AB +, female... good for me, in case I am in need to be donated blood...

Post 68

Orcus

Ditto

O +ve Male
(I think - definitely O though)

Post 69

Orcus

oops, reply to post 20 again! smiley - doh

Post 70

If you take out all the posts which don't have a blood group in them, that's got to be almost 60, which is not bad.

Post 71

Mu Beta

It's more than I got for swede vs. turnip. 46.

B

Post 72

I think your problem there was that you don't have to tell the doctors whether you prefer swedes or turnips when you go to give blood.

Post 73

Ferino

female A (rh.D positive), if it's not too late to tell you....
dad A+
mum B+
a sister is A+

Post 74

Reality Manipulator

As my parents are both in the universal blood group O+, I think that would make it a strong possibility that I am also in the O+.

Female O+

JA smiley - wizard

How can I find my blood group if I do not do not donate blood? It is a very important request.

Post 75

milo

The only way to find out is by a blood test. Heredity is no guarantee of accuracy.

Post 76

Granny Weatherwax - ACE - Hells Belle, Mother-in-Law from the Pit - Haunting near you on Saturday

Especially if both parents are O

Post 77

milo

Hmm. Pretty certain that O would be recessive, it being the absence of protein markers and all.

So that O parents would both have to have no red blood cell marker genes so have none to pass on.

I think.

Post 78

Granny Weatherwax - ACE - Hells Belle, Mother-in-Law from the Pit - Haunting near you on Saturday

Don't really know that much about it, but as O +/- are the most common blood types in the UK and in the USA, I wouldn't have thought it was recessive. Why's there never a smiley - doctor or smiley - nurse about when you want one smiley - smiley

Post 79

milo

Is O the most common?

I know it's the most used blood but that's just cos they can give it to emergency cases where there's no time for the test.

Post 80

Yup, narrowly beating A into second place, http://www.blood.co.uk

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more