A Conversation for Ask h2g2

white trousers in adverts for feminine hygine products

Post 61

Tefkat

My periods were like that before I ever used any contraception at all. The doctor put me on something called the mini-pill to sort them out but I had to stop taking it once they were normalised 'cos Roman Cats aren't allowed to practise artificial birth control. It's a Mortal Sin you know. You go straight to Hell.

The most wonderful thing about the depo-provera injections (apart from not having to remember a pill every day) is that no-one can possibly know you're using them. smiley - biggrinsmiley - magic

Post 62

Tefkat

Poor Kaz. Vulval vestibulitis sounds dreadful. Is it curable? Have they been able to sort it out? smiley - cuddle

Post 63

kelli - ran 2 miles a day for 2012, aiming for the same for 2013

Going back to Cloviscat's point about the injections...

I think they are convenient as there is no chance to forget to take it each morning - I was terrible for this when I was on the pill.

The injections protect you for 12 weeks and 5 days. Seeing as having a child is such a HUGE step, I don't think this is too long to wait should you decide to start a family! Three months to wait while you decide on the biggest possible change to your life doesn't seem that bad to me!

I know it can take a while for fertility to return after coming off of the injections but that is no different to the pill.

To argue with Tefkat slightly, the very best thing about the injections is never having to worry that you will have your period while on holiday in a country where you have to dispose of tampons in a little open wastepaper basket in the bathroom smiley - yuk

smiley - puffk

Post 64

Cloviscat

All true. I suppose I meant that the Pill caused me a hell of a lot of side effects, and *EVERYONE* I know who has had the injections has had even worse reaction. Then it took me two years to get back to normal after the Pill: the injection can take a LOT longer.

But I'm glad someone out there has had a positive experience with it: it's such a perfect concept, idf they can just get it right for everyone!

Cloviscat: who has a six week old baby screaming between her and her husband: a perfect contraceptive!

Post 65

the autist formerly known as flinch

"no-one can possibly know you're using them"

except god, surely?

Perhaps that's a new marketing angle:

Woman, in white trousers, rollerblades to church, pops in for the sacrement, kneels, looks up the line to see the other women in church recieving not the body of our lord with their wine but a mini-pill, she gets her wafer, pauses outside confession (big cue), glances down at her trouser pocket, from the corner of which a tiny box of jamrags is emerging, and she just blades away into the sunset: cue slogan "So discrete only the lord knows".

Sachi and Sachi can contact me in their own time.

Post 66

Wand'rin star

ROFL
I'm old enough to remember belts.My mother, who had stopped by the time I started(aged 10), wouldn't let me use tampons, although they certainly existed by then. Mind you she had rags that used to have to be washed in cold salt water. Hence the phrase still used in some dialects "on the rag".
In my twenties I took the pill continuosly for as long as a year at a time with no apparent bad effects.Some of us are very,very lucky. smiley - star

Post 67

Mina

the pill regulated my cycle - I never knew when I was about to come on. Very inconvenient. Even when I came off they stayed regular, and now - 7 years after I had my son - and I've never gone back on the pill - I even know which saturday night of the month they will start. Very nice. smiley - smiley

I stick to barrier methods these days, I find it more relaxing. smiley - smiley

Post 68

Kaz

Its treatable with lots of creams, not sure about cureable yet! I'll have to wait and see, thanks for asking Tefkat

Post 69

Sierra Indigo - now Cheesecakethulhu flavoured

Just for clarification, WHICH injection are we talking about here? I know there's a few, and I've heartily been warned off of Deepo or Deepro or whatever it is, mainly because of the side effects.

There's another that my friend's on, that's only just come out in Australia, that she's had no problem with at all and that I'm looking at trying.

I _was_ on the pill to regulate my hormones, and stop the dreadful PMSing that I tend toward, and for a while I tried to go continuous without a break, but ended up bleeding by about the fourth or fifth week anyway. I'm just looking for something that will be a touch more permanent for a while - not because I don't want to get pregnant (my fiance's in florida. How's that for contraception smiley - laugh), but because I just don't like the whole monthly mess and fuss.

And for the record? Whoever designs tampon and ST ads should be shot. Through the head. Repeatedly. I'm never that cheerful or willing to wear white pants - especially not at that time.

Post 70

Kaz

depo-provera

Post 71

I see that now - I must have missed it on my first read through the backlog. smiley - smiley

Post 72

Kerr_Avon - hunting stray apostrophes and gutting poorly parsed sentences

Daft ads for tampons and towels-
I think the idea is to convince stupid people that using their brand will cure all the problems associated with that time- like adverts for men's deodorants that seek to convince you they will make you either iresistable to the opposite sex, or capable of brilliant pyshical feats smiley - smiley

Post 73

Oh dear, *physical*. And I haven't even been drinking (yet).

Post 74

smiley - laugh I love the ad for Lynx, actually, where the girl sprays herself with her boyfriend's deodorant and ends up spending the day fighting off hordes of women before she slaps him when she gets home.smiley - laugh

That's just funny smiley - biggrin

Post 75

Funny yes- carries the same message tho- use this product and your life will be wonderful.

Unless it's for soap powder, in which case it's "use this product, and you'll have multiple orgasms all day"

Post 76

Two words -

Herbal Essences. That's a thought actually...can the makers of that shampoo be sued for false advertising when it doesn't give the consumer multiple orgasms each time they shower?

Post 77

FABT - new venture A815654 Angel spoiler page

i have been using herbal essances shampoo and conditioner for about a year, even since that nice bright yellow coloured one came out. and not a single orgasm in the shower! not a one! i tell you. where do i write to complian?

Post 78

Emily 'Twa Bui' Ultramarine

Oh, but Herbal Essences smells so *nice*...

Post 79

If you write to them, you'll probably get a voucher automatically! An ex-boyfriend o fmine made a hobby out of sending long, sarky letters to companies- He ended up with large collections of Parker Pens because he complained they leaked, vouchers for Snap-On tools becuase they didn't have oil proof grips, so he cut his knuckles when his hand slipped off the wrench, and free lego because it isn't squishy, so he hurt his foot if he stands on his little brother's bits of it smiley - laugh

Post 80

FABT - new venture A815654 Angel spoiler page

good plan!

but can you get free feminine hygine products by claiming they're leaky!smiley - laugh

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more