A Conversation for Ask h2g2

cancel

Post 6681

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

I bet nighthoover would know all about the mice... and the non-breading zones in the house... - I have checked but have found very few locations in the house where breading does not happen... maybe the tiny under-stairs cupboard downstairs, near the front door is the only option, afterall smiley - erm

cancel

Post 6682

jane

So, has nighthoover ever come back?

cancel

Post 6683

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

A big part of the Legend is that we wait for that to happen. If you Google "Nighthoover", you will find more than 1,000 hits.The Urban Dictionary mentions Nghthoover. There's a Twitter hashtag for nighthoover.

smiley - biggrin

cancel

Post 6684

jane

"I see” said the blind man as he picked up his hammer and saw.

cancel

Post 6685

Nighthoover had a Facebook account some time around 2013, but it's certain that this was the same Nighthoover. smiley - smiley

cancel

Post 6686

Orcus

Certain? How can us mere mortals knoweth the true nature of the being of the Nighthoover, blessed be the name.

Lettuce Spray smiley - zen

cancel

Post 6687

Baron Grim

I'm certain the FB "Nighthoover" was probably 2legs (or maybe bunnyfrog). smiley - laughsmiley - rofl

cancel

Post 6688

Orcus

Heresy!!!!

cancel

Post 6689

Sorry, I had a typo. I meant *not* certain. smiley - blush

cancel

Post 6690

Baron Grim

There WAS a "nighthoover" on a website called (IIRC) "Half-Bakery".

There, this "nighthoover" had written a single poem, in German. Below is the translation (via Babelfish).

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Owing to to the Summer

Oh summer, it was beautifully with you,
much Freud and fun owes I to you.
The long days, short nights,
as if the luck with you would spend.
Now you must gehn, who autumn he approaches,
the forest in multicolored colors radiate.
Then it becomes grey and wet and coldly,
the earth rests, as more waer it old.
But one tune me correctly gladly,
because you come back - anyway.
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

cancel

Post 6691

Poetry fine writes she.

smiley - zen

cancel

Post 6692

But... but... are we waiting for nighthoover's return, or, indeed, as nighthoover themselves hinted at, are they not here, eternally, unable to leave, trapped as we all our, in our short-lived, yet eternal perserverance of existance, in our minds, and the self-generated universes of our own electromagnetic waves? - genuinely, I've not a clue... but I guess anything is possible smiley - zen unless, nighthoover's electromagnetic waveform had self-collapsed, onto itself, creating something even more ennefferable… Were the later true, then de-facto the former must be true... I'm not certain if the reverse would withstand scrutiny though smiley - erm
*thinks* smiley - erm unless.... nah, that would not seem overly likely... unless... we were all nighthoover, in our own unique nighthooverly ways smiley - zen

that poem was cool, BTW smiley - zen moving and revealing and, most nighthooverly of course smiley - biro

cancel

Post 6693

Yes, you are quite correct. we are all nighthoover. smiley - zen

cancel

Post 6694

Baron Grim

Sadly, Halfbakery dot com lost all their data many years ago, so I can't find the poem in its original German. I'd love for one of our German speaking researchers to give it a better translation. (Somewhere way WAY back in this thread I posted the original, but I can't be bothered to try and find it now.

Anyway, I was doing another websearch and found a few, non-h2g2 related hits for "nighthoover". Here's a profile for a user named "nighthoover" on a Czech website. Certainly fits the descriptions with "Total posts: 0".

http://garaz.autorevue.cz/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=18145

cancel

Post 6695

smiley - laugh

Maybe there were some posts, but they were hoovered up by Nighthoover. ;-0

cancel

Post 6696

Baron Grim

Yeah, one of the other hits I found was a soundcloud audio post of a couple of minutes of vacuum cleaner noise. smiley - laugh

cancel

Post 6697

Ah, it sometimes doesn't take much to amuse people on the Internet. smiley - winkeye

Dancing hampsters, for instance. smiley - erm

cancel

Post 6698

smiley - wow we are both easily pleased, and viggerous in our requirement for the weird, or truly strange. Like my Grandmother, she used to love swearing at cheese. smiley - cheese Never sure why though.... maybe it was offensive cheese smiley - erm
"My Grandmother swears at the cheese" is to appear on my forthcoming album of predictible non-traditional folk songs and death metal, I'm still composing it though, trying to eusurp the bagpipes into it somewhere smiley - ermsmiley - musicalnote I've almost finished writing my first musical now; 'Lard! - the musical' smiley - zen a traditional tale of transexual Fish N chip shop owners smiley - erm the world needs more strange.

cancel

Post 6699

Orcus

>Yes, you are quite correct. we are all nighthoover. zen<

Err. I'm not!

cancel

Post 6700

Yes, but can it *survive* more strangeness?

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more