A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Where can I find some nice friendly girls?

Post 8561

Xanatic

I recently found out that one girl who turned me down for a date, had a boyfriend at the time. I was not aware of that, makes me feel a bit better.

Post 8562

Xanatic

It´s bad when you´re watching The Big Bang Theory and find yourself wishing you had the success with women that they do.

Post 8563

You can call me TC

smiley - cheerup

Post 8564

Beatrice

Ah, but can you sing the theme tune! My son can, and that seems to impress the ladies. Maybe you should try that smiley - cheerup

Post 8565

Xanatic

Another dead end. I wish women would get to know me before deciding they want nothing to do with me.

Post 8566

Bright Blue Shorts

Any details you want to share?

Post 8567

nortirascal

Seems like you're about as popular as a visit by the Ton Ton Macoutessmiley - winkeye

Post 8568

Xanatic

You´re going to be using that phrase all the time now, aren´t you?

Not that much to tell. I got the phone number of a girl at a party a while ago. I called her a while later to ask her out for coffee as we had talked about, but she was just on the way out the door. Now when I call her she just doesn´t pick up.

Post 8569

nortirascal

It's rathernice to dust off an old favourite, the old jokes are always the best.smiley - cool

Now on to the serious stuff. smiley - winkeye The gentle approach is invariably the best. It's soooo difficult for us chaps to pick the cues and social nuances from the fairer sex. To another female observer is outrageous flirting, is usually completely lost on us blokes. Keep the eye contact, note proximity (Personal space varies from person to person) but if she likes you she will let you a little closer than is normally socially acceptable, KEEP YOUR HANDS OFF! smiley - laugh Definately don't maul! Try to notice who keeps eye contact, especially when talking, if it is maintained you're deemed ok. smiley - goodluck Otherwise move on.smiley - ok

Post 8570

Runescribe

nortirascal: I don't think it's a question of sex. I am technically female and completely oblivious to most social cues. My young gentleman is very, very good at reading them. Don't assume that having boobs makes a person socially ept.

Post 8571

nortirascal

An interesting perspective from one who knows, Runescribe. I merely base my thoughts on my own experiences. You, and your young gentleman (I do envy his talent) are the exception to my knowledge. Thank you for your useful input, I'm sure Xantic will appreciate your perspective in his quest. smiley - ok

Post 8572

Xanatic

Well, I do seem to have encountered some clueless females. Hence why next time I´m going on a date with someone, I´ll give them a paper stating it is a date and written in triplicate.

Post 8573

nortirascal

smiley - laugh Well that could be an interesting start tothe evening smiley - rolleyes Do let us know how you get on smiley - goodluck Who knows? It might even work smiley - cool

Post 8574

A Super Furry Animal

...and don't forget the consent form before you have sex. Make sure it's signed and dated.

RFsmiley - evilgrin

Post 8575

Bright Blue Shorts

And witnessed ... smiley - laugh

Post 8576

Xanatic

Perhaps it´s time I just threw in the towel and started paying women.

Post 8577

Bright Blue Shorts

You sound extremely frustrated about it all. I think all singletons get to that point on some occasions.

Not sure whether it's in the backlog but have you asked any friends as to why you're struggling in this area?

Post 8578

nortirascal

Oh dear, putting it down to a purely financial transaction. Not good, I could moralise and pontificate on the abusive aspects of this one, but let he who is without sin cast the first stone, and that certainly ain't me! smiley - blush

Think about all the dangers involved, not just the risk of smiley - bruised but disease as wellsmiley - erm The root of their services are invariably based in funding drug habits.

When I was sad and desperate, I used to hang around the 'sad gits' meals for one aisle in a big supermarket with my bottle of wine in my basket and look lost and forlourne with my microwave meal (aka Potnoodle man). Worked every time for me, some women love to 'mother' you, it's the maternal instinct in them. Once they get chatting to you you're away, they just love to take you home, make sure you have a good meal and with your bottle of wine and some charm and flowers, the rest they say is historysmiley - cool

I had some wonderful and long lasting relationships via that route, they were all lovely and I respect them all. Kindness and charm is a two way street.

Post 8579

Malabarista - now with added pony

>>Perhaps it´s time I just threw in the towel and started paying women.<<

Perhaps it is, because that comment clearly demonstrates you're looking for sex, first and foremost. If that's all you're after, trying to build a relationship with someone to get it would be like buying an iPhone so you can use it to check the time. Bound to end in frustration. smiley - headhurts

You do realise that a girlfriend isn't just a person who will go to bed with you when you want her to, but that there's more involved?

Post 8580

nortirascal

smiley - applause

Key: Complain about this post