A Conversation for Gilroy Garlic Festival Meet

"I really wanna..."

Post 61

Montana Redhead (now with letters)

Congrats, Amy!!!!! Of course, you could always tell the doctor you need to induce a week or two before....

Although I will tell you this from experience: if you're breastfeeding, do not consume large amounts of garlic. Babies DO NOT like it!

"I really wanna..."

Post 62

Amy Pawloski, aka 'paper lady'--'Mufflewhump'?!? click here to find out... (ACE)

Well, since, the way I calculate it, the only way I'd be delivering on *the* weekend is if I were a week or so early, that wouldn't be goodsmiley - winkeye

"I really wanna..."

Post 63

Fadookie the Froody- Veggie Poetry@A2248733

My guess is that, being Amy's baby, it will have a taste for garlic smiley - biggrin

"I really wanna..."

Post 64

marvthegrate LtG KEA

California here I *really* come.
I will be there tomorrow. My trip to Canada has become a trip to Southern California.

"I really wanna..."

Post 65

Fadookie the Froody- Veggie Poetry@A2248733

smiley - smiley I can safely say the weather will be warmer.
Oh Amy, I'm told it'll be slightly less warm in gilroy during the festival than sac is in the summer.

"I really wanna..."

Post 66

Amy Pawloski, aka 'paper lady'--'Mufflewhump'?!? click here to find out... (ACE)

Just a little change in plans, huh Marv?

Good. If I can survive the church picnic in mid-July (I *am* going!) then Gilroy should be no problem. I may not do much walking around, but still...

California, here I come...

Post 67

KristinaSF

I wanna go. It is close enough for sure, it would be nice if some british folk could attend. What will the get together involve?

Post 68

We've not discussed that yet, because it's still too early... We should start after the beginning of the year, though. I need to do some w*rk, but I'll add you ASAPsmiley - smiley

Post 69

soeasilyamused, or sea

Post 70

Since my due date is actually July 20, I don't know if I'll be able to make it...

But I'll keep working on the page.

Anyway, we should likely start discussing details...

Post 71

Wampus

Well, I live sort of near there (about 5 hours drive away), so I might be able to go (emphasis on might). More able to go to this one than any other meet that I've read about.

Post 72

marvthegrate LtG KEA

I am still looking forward to the meetup, assuming I am still employeed at the time of the meet.

As for things to do while we are there...

Perhaps a group effort writeup of the garlic festival.

Games? discussion panels? Garlic Cookoff?

Post 73

I *do* believe that there's now info on the site about the cookoff...

And *ahem* I'd miscalculated my due date when I was riding the euphoria wave (I forgot that months aren't exact lengths--I just went 'OK, 9 months from November is August') Since my actual due date (which only 2% actually deliver on, BTW) is July 20... Unless I'm right on time or a little early, I likely won't be able to come at all. No way will I be there if I've not delivered yet! I don't want to go into labor 4 hours from homesmiley - yikes

I'll still organize the page though, and I'll add you, Sniper, tomorrow, as my w*rk day is almost over, and my home modem is dead...

Post 74

F97200?thread=244386

Post 75

LunaMoth

I'd love to go.

Post 76

smiley - biggrin

I'll add you as soon as I get a chancesmiley - ok

Post 77

soeasilyamused, or sea

well, amy, who knows? maybe you'll deliver early and be able to make it after all! smiley - winkeye

Post 78

If I deliver *on time* I should be able to make it...

We'll just have to wait and see...

Post 79

I've added you, LunaMothsmiley - ok

Post 80

Isaac S

Yeah, yeah, add me in. I should be coming with LunaMoth.

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more