A Conversation for Alternative Uses for Socks

There are 42 uses for socks.

Post 1

Deepthot

Don't forget pantyhose. It makes a wonderful screening material for the filter intake of a Babylefish tank.

Post 2

daddypoos

it's cruel to taunt fish with warm pantyhose. try socks. just as effective and leaves the fish less frustrated.

Post 3

tallwonderfulandveryveryloud

yet another use.... if your ears get cold, put some socks on them! instant ear muffs.
or... u could just wear them.
if you have nice, brand spanking new, v shiny shoes, you could put a pair, OVer the shoes, to keep them shiny?!! smiley - smiley

Post 4

Baron Grim

Ah... Don't forget this one. A long tube sock can be quickly tied around the head as a makeshift blind fold to avoid the gaze of a the Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal.!!! smiley - ok

Oh, and it can also be used as a small towel smiley - towel

smiley - vampire Count Zero

Post 5

MuseSusan

Especially if you want a towel like whats-his-name has, pre-soaked in nutrients. An old, sweaty sock has lots of nutrients soaked in and ready to suck on should you run out of any other food!

Also, smelly socks are good as stinky distractions when one is trying to throw oneself at the ground and miss.

Post 6

Baron Grim

EEEWWWWW!!!smiley - rofl

Ok... it has to be said.
Corniest use for a sock... A turtle-neck sweater for a snake.

smiley - vampire Count Zero

Post 7

phoenix_67

Socks can be used as hand warmers for those who can't afford mittens. (Dirty socks not recommended.)

Post 8

invisibleknight

has anyone suggested rolling 1 sock inside another and using them as a small pillow? also as a football/soccer ball/rugby ball/baseball/softball/cricketball

Post 9

Nenstiel

Completely practical: If you're like me and the skin of your hands gets horribly dry in winter, slather them with *lots* of lotion and cover them with (clean) socks before going to bed at night--the socks keep the lotion on your hands and off your sheets.

Post 10

Baron Grim

I'm surprised this convo has been so quiet. smiley - boingsmiley - cheers

I've learned a new use for a sock since I was last here. Anyone who has seen shows like Viva La Bam or WildBoyz will know that you can attach a small piece of red felt and two googly eyes and make the dreaded Black Mamba puppet with which to smack your sleeping friends.

Post 11

shagbark

when walking in windchills approaching-20C Every breath can hurt.
An extra sock used to breath through will warm your breath considerably.

Key: Complain about this post