A Conversation for The Conversation Killer

Conversation Killers

Post 1

Researcher 185550

Also useable the 'nope'. Conversation derailer? Yep smiley - winkeye. Also, I bin doing by homework, found some guy that says ''I'm in computing'' is a sure-fire one.

In the morality section, you may want to give the Ankh-Morpork (fictional) Guild of Assassins. Some gentlemen, who are occasionally consulted by other gentlemen to have the razors removed from the candyfloss of life with the minimum of pain.

Conversation Killers

Post 2

Arthbard

Good suggestions. I have things I should be doing right now, but hopefully I'll be able to work on it shortly.

Conversation Killers

Post 3

Researcher 185550

Hmmm, thinking up some more conversation killers. Stuff like death threats could stop it, I suppose, but then you run into moderater trouble. Hey, d'you think that talking about conversation stoppers is a conversation stopper?

Conversation Killers

Post 4

Arthbard

Possibly, but then this conversation hasn't stopped yet.

Conversation Killers

Post 5

Researcher 185550

It's going nowhere fast.smiley - zoom

Conversation Killers

Post 6

I'm not really here

Yep.

Conversation Killers

Post 7

Arthbard

Think maybe it'll pick back up?

Conversation Killers

Post 8

I'm not really here

Nope.

Conversation Killers

Post 9

Arthbard

Damn. It was just getting good, too.

Conversation Killers

Post 10

I'm not really here

smiley - laugh

Conversation Killers

Post 11

Arthbard

Oh, a smiley, that gives me something to work with:

Why I remember the days when there was only one smiley. It didn't laugh. It didn't cry. It just sat there and stared at you.

Whew. Conversation saved.

Conversation Killers

Post 12

I'm not really here

Oh forgive me, I'm very new at this!

Conversation Killers

Post 13

Arthbard

No need to apologize. After all, if every conversation we have about conversation killers ends up killing itself, then we can't very well come up with new stuff for the page, now can we?

Conversation Killers

Post 14

I'm not really here

Well that's true. I think I read somewhere that a good conversation stopper went something like this...

" didn't know you had broken your leg."

"I haven't."

I've never tried it though.

Conversation Killers

Post 15

Arthbard

I can see how that might work. It could create an awkward atmosphere. The person without the broken leg would begin to feel uncomfortable. Of course, if he/she had actually broken a leg at some point in the past, then a whole new line of conversation has been brought up.

Conversation Killers

Post 16

I'm not really here

It would have to be carefully worked out.

Conversation Killers

Post 17

Arthbard

It might help to have a complete medical history of the person. At the very least, there would be a need to see whether or not the person walks with a limp.

Conversation Killers

Post 18

I'm not really here

Which person are we talking about now? I'm a trifle confused. smiley - erm

Conversation Killers

Post 19

Arthbard

I have a tendency to do that occasionally. Often enough that I created a temple for it. Anyway, that was the person whose leg may or may not be broken. See, because if they walk with a limp, that could be an indication of some past injury...and stuff...

Conversation Killers

Post 20

I'm not really here

Oh yes I see, but the conversation stopping person wouldn't care about that really? As they don't want to go into anyone else's details.

Where's this temple then?

Key: Complain about this post