This is the Message Centre for Evangeline

The problem with a fetching cat

Post 1

Evangeline

Is that when I throw something at the clothes hamper or trash bin and miss, the cat grabs the sock, wadded paper etc. and runs off with it.

On the bright side, I have finally found a use for Mardi Gras beads.
smiley - cat

Post 2

jaz'd(ace & yada yada *sigh* chocolate yada)

smiley - laughJust the one smiley - cat? That's manageable then.

Post 3

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

I thought the point of fetching was that the animal (in this, the cat) would bring the object back to you. No? Then it's fetching it for someone else... Or maybe you mean fetching in the sense of cute. awww...smiley - hug

Post 4

Evangeline

It's two cats, Socks and Fortune. One morning Socks wanted to play, so he brought me a string of beads. I wanted to sleep, so I threw them across the room... repeat, repeat, repeat for about thirty minutes. I was then wide awake and Socks wanted to snooze. smiley - grr

Fortune quickly learned this game from watching Socks. That took about four minutes. Fortune is the smiley - cat who will grab something and then run away with it, unless the something is a string of beads.

Post 5

So, one smiley - cat is not clear on the concept? smiley - headhurts

Post 6

Evangeline

Yep. Considering Maverick smiley - dog used to chase the tennis ball, grab the tennis ball, bring the tennis ball to us and then growl, bark and nip to defend the tennis ball, the smiley - cat running away doesn't seem that bad.

Post 7

smiley - sorrysmiley - doctorWho on here

Post 8

Planet Of The Ood

Post 9

Evangeline

I like that episode. smiley - smiley

Post 10

Yes it's a good one!smiley - ok

Post 11

Evangeline

The Wasp and The Unicorn was very good, also.

Post 12

Hmm they didn't mention the name of next weeks episode...does look good though.

Post 13

Evangeline

According to the episode guide on the BBC site http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/s4/episodes/ The planet of the ood is episode 3. The Wasp and The Unicorn is episode 7. If you are not getting them in order, it's the one with Agatha Christie. smiley - winkeye

Post 14

I saw "Igor" the other day. He was busy creating a monster. smiley - yikes

Post 15

Evangeline

If it was a cleaning smiley - monster, I'd like to order one.

Post 16

I'd probably want two, possibly three...let's face it, they're already smiley - monsters. Would you want to risk overworking one? smiley - yikes With 3 I figure they could clean in shifts.

Post 17

Evangeline

I hadn't thought of that. But now that you mention it, that could work.

Post 18

Must be that Sat. night frame of mind...more likely my rather dreadful performance in that area(housecleaning).

Post 19

Evangeline

I wish the smiley - catsmiley - blackcat would do the housework while I was at work. So far, they only do a bit of shelf clearing (by knocking everything onto the floor). A friend suggested teaching the tuxedo cats to mix smiley - stiffdrinks and meet me at the door. I'd be happy if with a smiley - tea. No luck with that yet.

Post 20

*sigh* One can always dream...I wouldn't hold my breath though.smiley - winkeye Changing topics hun, I've been watching all sorts of things(even a cycle tour through a portion of London-London Landscape TV)on http://www.getmiro.com ...it's an open source TV & video player. Some great meditation background, cooking shows, travel shows-found I think 125 episodes of Rick Steve's Europe from PBS-current events programs, etc.

Key: Complain about this post