A Conversation for Wind force twelve abaft the Beam

The Main Messroom

Post 61

Kheldar (Don't hate the media, Become the media)

~walks in and bumps into a stranger~
Wow...sorry...

~walks up to the cabin boy~
Hiya. How are things going with rounding up a crew? I just came up here to think about where to put the stage. Any suggestions?

The Main Messroom

Post 62

Cabin Boy 1

- finishes a mouthfull of Mrs Miggins' pie -

Good day sir. I understand from Miss Lighthousegirl that waiting staff will not be required if the bar staff are able to ensure guests can get at the finger buffet. So far I have recruited two additional bar staff. Mrs Miggins is a very reliable lady, makes an excellent pie. I have worked with her before. I have seen the other, Mr Reliant, at work previously and he assures me that his reputation is not deserved. I have also had a call from a Miss Bim Beau who would like to apply but is having her hair done today.

Sir I would not presume to comment on where one should position the stage to someone as expert as you in these matters.

The Main Messroom

Post 63

I'm just asking for your opinion. I like working with the staff on an equal level, I'm not going to boss anyone around unless I have to.

The Main Messroom

Post 64

Cabin Boy 1

Sir, I find that most unusual!

- thinks that is twice in in day that people have tried to treat him as an equal, shudders slightly at the thought -

If Sir would really like my opinion I always thought at the end of a room away from the main door works particularly well.

The Main Messroom

Post 65

Well...get used to it, cause that's the way I work.

As for the stage, I think you're right, although I would say over there in the corner could be even better. If we'd place the stage to the left side, and one of the bars to the right side, there's space in the middle to do some extra's...a videowall perhapsm if I can find a VJ somewhere...

The Main Messroom

Post 66

Cabin Boy 1

Most excellent idea Sir

The Main Messroom

Post 67

Good smiley - smiley.

Ok then...since we both have lots to do, I'll let you get back to your work smiley - smiley. I'll talk to you later

The Main Messroom

Post 68

Cabin Boy 1

Thank you Sir

- sits back down under the notice board and helps himself to another slice of Mrs Miggins' pie -

The Main Messroom

Post 69

Ludwig the Labrador

*watch smiley - dog enters*

*looks around*

*sniff, sniff*

*wags tail*

The Main Messroom

Post 70

Pierre de la Mer ~ sometimes slightly worried but never panicking ~

Looks like everything is taken care of just fine in here. smiley - ok

smiley - pirate

The Main Messroom

Post 71

Ludwig the Labrador

*disappointed at no one offering him anything to eat*

*strolls off*

The Main Messroom

Post 72

Kes

*Puts a sausageroll and some bits of meat into a dish, and leaves it on the floor, in case the dog returns ....*

The Main Messroom

Post 73

*Sees a hampster feasting on Ludwigs sausage roll*

smiley - pirate

The Main Messroom

Post 74

Researcher 179388

*sees a small rodent finishing the remains of a sausage roll*

I wonder where all these hamsters have come from?

* she is carrying an enormous pile of smiley - fairy lights, which she places on a table ready for Kheldar to hang*

Now you lot behave and don't get in a tangle again.

The Main Messroom

Post 75

Cabin Boy 1

* starts to organise the stage and DJ booth for Kheldar. Also starts to put up the two mobile bars, while carefully avoiding any passing hampsters *

The Main Messroom

Post 76

As long as they don't harm Amy and Floh I don't mind. Better hampsters than rats, I say! smiley - erm

Cute lights, Caerwynn!

smiley - pirate

The Main Messroom

Post 77

Researcher 179388

The lights are pretty aren't they Cap'n?

I think Amy and Floh will be ok, its whether they get on with Mr Pod's guinea pig, I hate to see fur flying!

The Main Messroom

Post 78

Yeah, it's so messsy, isn't it? We wouldn't want that, now that we are supposed to have a good time, Caerwynn!

Okay now, cabin boys! Let the birthday begin in a suitable manner: I'd like som smiley - coffee and to start with - and lots of mimosas ( smiley - bubbly + smiley - oj ) of course - and I have the distinct feeling that a lot of the other guests would like to start the day in a similar way smiley - winkeye

And since it is Ligths birthday let's have some smiley - cake as well!

Thank you! *drinks smiley - coffee and smiley - bubbly+smiley - oj and munches *

Be back later!

smiley - pirate

The Main Messroom

Post 79

~walks in. see the lights on the table, and makes mental note to thank Caerwynn for it.
Takes the lights and starts decorating the stage~

OK, the band should be here any minute, so let's move it people smiley - smiley

The Main Messroom

Post 80

Cabin Boy 1

- clears up after the Captain -

- goes over to hold the ladder for Kheldar -

Good Morning Mr Kheldar Sir

I have put the mobile bars, the DJ Booth and the Stage Up ready for you Sir. Is everything to your satisfaction?

Would Sir like some smiley - coffee?

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more