This is the Message Centre for paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

Some good health news

Post 21

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

I sing at home occasionally, but my breath control is nopt what it once was.

Some good health news

Post 22

Prof Animal Chaos.C.E.O..err! C.E.Idiot of H2G2 Fools Guild (Official).... A recipient of S.F.L and S.S.J.A.D.D...plus...S.N.A.F.U.

"performing arts" smiley - winkeyei did a stint on the stage while at college (a one nighter lol)
I've been a stage-hand for a local amateur dramatic group (caused chaos throughout the weeks nightly performances smiley - evilgrinin fun and intentionally)
BUT! My best role ever and it's still ongoingsmiley - magicis being an idiot!smiley - smiley

Some good health news

Post 23

Pierre de la Mer ~ sometimes slightly worried but never panicking ~

I have had roles in three school plays. A smiley - cat in first grade, the Jewish high priest Joseph ben Caiaphas in third or fourth grade and a court smiley - jester in eighth grade. And very memorable roles they were smiley - cool

Well, I know I remember them at least smiley - winkeye

Some good health news

Post 24

Caiman raptor elk - Inside big box, thinking.

I have delegated those duties to my wife kids. Two out of three kids are into musicals, my wife is in the process of becoming a musical teacher. The musical school franchise has a large yearly production where the local groups each take their own scenes, accompanied by nationally recognised adult actors. In winter there is a local production each year. That is, until the pandemic came. Discussions are ongoing on how to do a summer production, not knowing what is possible at that time. They need a performance, 600 out of 1500 members quit so far. Zoom lessons just aren't the same. Only recently did the weather permit socially distanced outside lessons, which is allowed for under 12's.

Some good health news

Post 25

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

I've sung two operas: Strauss "Gypsy Baron" in high school, and Mozart's "Magic flute" in graduate school. In college, I did "Annie get your gun," "How to succeed in business" and "Roar of the greasepaint, the small of the crowd." I've sung hundreds of show tunes in outreach concerts at nursing homes and retirement facilities.

But now I've retired from all that.

Cumberland Valley high School put on a fabulous production of "Bice work if you can get it" (a jukebox musical featuring Gershwin tunes), which is available at youtube. The quality blows me away.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cS-dvJu0hQo

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more