A Conversation for Townies Vs Goths - The Fight for the Streets

No Subject

Post 1

Kinkajou

Haha! I am myself a teenage bystander of this divide and your entry was very amusing smiley - smiley

I live by sunny Brighton where we have our own townie/pikey vs. goth/mosher war. Oh and a random group of gay people. Prefer moshers myself - they seem to have a few more brain cells. If they haven't all been killed off by raving weed habits anyhow.

On the pikey side, I'd like to add observations of girls with baseball caps, hair scraped back with something you couldn't fry chips in and simply huge gold hooped earrings brushing the shoulders. Also the fact that the gothy moshery types are permanently stoned.

So darn amusing.

No Subject

Post 2

Researcher 210572

im a townie and we are wot we are an the only reson u lot r the way u are wiv us is cos ur all jelous cos were the ones walkin round wiv nice clean desighner clothes on !
and u know that is the truth!
jus cos we got respect 4 each other an we dont giv a f** about u lot cos u all wear mingin clothes that are all riped and u dnt change thm 4 days wot u gonna do wen u get older walk round in riped clothes go 2 the pub in ripped clothes?
and ur gothic boys wear make up ffs wots goin on??
and listenin u lot listen 2 a load of battie boys jumpin up an down on stage screamin at each other !!!
the only decent bands of yours red hot chilly peppers thats it!!!!!

No Subject

Post 3

Jed the Humanoid -Keeper of things lost down the back of the sofa-also the Chief Mad Drunken Warrior of the Anti Squirrel League

I'd really like to spend hours regaling you with a rich and varied analysis of how ridiculous that little diatribe was...but quite frankly i think i'll be p***ing myself with laughter for the next three months....

so thanks for that

No Subject

Post 4

Jed the Humanoid -Keeper of things lost down the back of the sofa-also the Chief Mad Drunken Warrior of the Anti Squirrel League

oh..and good work on remaining a bystander kinkajou...its the only way you'll survive with any dignity..keep it up and one day you will be lord of all that you survey

of course. so jealous

Post 5

Researcher 217631

not that anyone will read this, no doubt, it being written a month ago, but, i am a goth. and i have to say, yes, i am SO amazingly jealous of townies. your perfect use of the english language to start with. your unimaginative dress sense, for seconds. the way that you think that all women are there for your entertainment, and that anyone who is different and in some way's creative, free thinking and not scared of what society dictates is in some way a freak.

designer clothes, i doubt it. most of what townies wear are cheap imitations.

and those bands listed in the artice were not goth bands, they are metal bands. and most goths don't hang out in graveyards. its all a bad steryotype. sorry, but it is. we aren't all depressed people who cut our wrists either. this is a problem that goths face all the time, ebing told that they like marylin manson, that they are depressed, etc, when it isn't true, but a lot of kids who want to be goths, think it is, adopt these styles and then create this whole situation which has nothing to do with real goth, and wasn't there to begin with.

An outsiders view to your post.

Post 6

Alvilda

Okay there are a few opinions that I wish to express in relation to your post. First of all, 'townie' clothes are not fashionable, hence why they do not appear at the London Fashion Week. I have never once seen a model parade down the catwalk with tracksuit bottoms tucked into her socks.I would also like to challenge you to try and get into a club with your typical attire on.

Also on behalf of myself and others, I beg you to improve your spelling, punctuation e.t.c in order to make your postings readable.
I say this with respect merely to correct you.

I have an open mind towards your clothes and music, and admit certain items of clothing (trainers), and some music I have myself. I have to say though, you seem very hostile and not open minded at all towards the moshers/goths culture, and I suggest that you adopt a more friendly approach in the future.
I do not mean to cause any offence.
Alvilda

Post 7

Luke_Vertiis

Why do scallies/most uninformed people call people who like rock music 'moshers'

Moshers mosh in mosh pits; Most kids who listen to Marilyn Manson and Kelly Osbourne and Cradle Of Filth don't know what a mosh pit is and consider headbanging to be moshing, thus when they see a proper moshpit (Biohazard, Slayer, the old Pantera pits, Stampin' Ground, Agnostic Front, Hatebreed, etc.) they run a f*****g mile...

Consider the following thing when labelling people moshers:

ARE THEY IN A MOSH PIT WHEN I SEE THEM

If 'Yes' then they're moshers
If 'No' then they're not moshers...

Post 8

killing_miranda

ok 1st Kinkajou good to b a bystander, but ur saying that all noshers and perminatly stoned? wtf!!! i knwo plenty of alternatives that DONT smoke weed, probably most of my m8s dont , so why the hell u say that? some "townies" also smoke weed, that class them as a mosher then?

Then i got say this 2 Researcher 210572 , ok, Wot the hell you saying an all?
"u all wear mingin clothes that are all riped and u dnt change thm 4 days wot u gonna do wen u get older walk round in riped clothes go 2 the pub in ripped clothes?"
Actaully m8. i go ROUND TOWN, to NON alterntive clubs, with my ripped jeans, my slipknot top and my green hair in a mohawk with my mass off spike lip stud? so yeah i do do them things and it dont bother me? why dont u just get a life, have u got nowt betta to do than to ridicuke other people? phh yeah your allwasy pissing us alterntive people off with ya "designer clothes" rnt yas, u really think were pissed off? if we were we wud change into a sheep liek you and follow the flock, but becuase we have a brain of our own and can make our own desitions on wot to wear not wearing "that dress" cos britney or christina wears it, well do wot we want wen we want and how we like it, and a few stoopid f***s who cnt even sort out there own lives aint gona stop us!!!!!!

townies beat goths hands down (i detect a hint of sarcasm!)

Post 9

spamspamspam

Right then. Where do i start? perhaps the part where i say "yes i admit it! I am jealous of all the townies and there amazing sense of fashion! i just hope that one day in my dreams i will be able to look as good as them" or perhaps not! So, jokes aside, i fink you are referring to what "normal people" would call "moshers" rather than goths! Goths do not wear cheap clothes! Have you ever seen the price of those dresses and trenchcoats. They were probably more expensive than your mock designer clothes that bought off the market at a knocked down price and didnt realise, because you are too wrapped up in yourself, that it was a banch not a bench jacket.
If a boy wants to wear make up then thats up to him! If you say boys shouldn't wear make up, you are basically going back the the early 20th century! The only difference is that you are discrminating against men instead of women!
By the way if you could let me know what the fuck a battie boy has to rock music that would be greatly appreciated
Red hot chilli peppers suck!

Key: Complain about this post