A Conversation for Townies Vs Goths - The Fight for the Streets

Townies

Post 1

Allgoodnamestaken

In my town anyone who isn’t a townie hates them for the simple fact that they beat everyone else up! They attack people for the way they dress which is rich coming from people who tuck their trousers into their socks and wear fake Burbury caps at a dodgy angle. In my experience townies consist of genuinely horrible people and cowards that dress and behave that way in order to avoid getting their heads kicked in. Unfortunately these people are not so much 'social misfits' as stated in the article but a annoying and violent plague on society who beat the living daylights out of my then 12 year old brother just because he's a skater. He still has the scars. Something needs to be done about this awful group of people.


Townies

Post 2

codeboy105

Townies are indeed a parasite on society. They have no care for anything or anyone apart from their fellow dings and their 'bling bling'. At least Punks (yes punks, not goths ... its not just monotone you know!) care about the world. Take NOFX - Franco Un-American - its about anti-Bush ideas, they CARE. Punk isnt all about drinking beer and taking drugs, its about music, playing it on the spot, and cheaply and not selling out. Townies just want to make money and do LSD. I can't stand them.


Removed

Post 3

incrediblezeberdee12

This post has been removed.


Townies

Post 4

SocialistRapper

I disagree with your anti-townie views, as my name states I listen to rap music, which has produced may deep songs.
"Take NOFX - Franco Un-American - its about anti-Bush ideas, they CARE. Punk isnt all about drinking beer and taking drugs, its about music, playing it on the spot, and cheaply and not selling out."
Most rap is the same, if you don't base it on the top 40 charts, as half us rap fans wouldn't class nelly, ja rule as rap.
"Townies just want to make money and do LSD"
I am apprently classed as a townie, yet I do neither. I work for money as it is a nesscety in life, but even most "townies" do not do lsd, and lsd takers are not just "townies"


Townies

Post 5

killing_miranda

Right i just wanna get this straight "townies" i wud say to be people who have anything against anyone who is differnt from them e.g. "alternatives" and "geeks", not all people who wear sports pants listen to rap n stuff like mc and dnace rnt bad people. The people that your calling townies, r a bunch of social rejects who have nothing better to do than hide beind there fists or a bat. Just cos they cant live with who they r, there not proud of themselves. there just scared of wot my happen to them if there were ne diffent to there m8s. im totally differnt to a load of my m8s adn it dont bother us. And when u were saying "punks care" and all that stuff, thats not true either wot bout nazi punks? just dont judge people, i wud have though alternatives wud have learned not to h8 sum1 cos there diffdferen, and i kno u might say "well i get so much s*** of these people" so do i have scars to prove it and im only 15, i have been beaten up in school, have rocks/bricks thrown at me, ive had m8s who have been hospitilased and stuff. But dont h8 sum1 u dont know! just try and see the world in a difffernet light and dont go round h8ing every1 just cos they look like and listen to the smae music as the guy who was calling you a greebo the night b4, becuase it doesnt work that way.


Townies

Post 6

skank_4_ever

i think townies are just sad people, they pic on others becuase they are different. townies cant except people are different and they have to follow a crowd or group other wise they are weak.let me ask you this, when was the last time you saw a townie fight on his/her own? they dont because they need support from there "crew". Townies also automatically assume any non-townie is a goth. ive been called a goth many times and my reply is "im not a goth im a punk" or "yeah and so what if im a goth?" or i just swear at them, not beacuse i think im cool or hard i just get so anoyed with the way they speak. In schools they think its cool and hard to bunk lessons or to smoke. whats so cool about smoking or skipping lessons? i am only 16 i cant tell an adult this stuff because they dont care or they dont understand. i feel the same i get abused by this scum aslo called a fashion. full of sluts and wannabes and "rude boys". just keep rebelling one day we'll break free i promse you. one day...


Townies

Post 7

chaosfire

not all townies are all bad just the majority of them.Personally i am "classed" as a kind of mix between grunge and goth but why? i dont even look it but the people i know do so they assume i am.


Townies

Post 8

bubbly_babe269

*super ranter number 1*:Why hello you amazingly cool people. I hate townies also as they are cowardly bastards who have nothing better to do than to beat innocent rockers in. So what if we like moshing and listening to loud stuff? you listen to some sound that some middle aged fat man made on a computer, in five minutes - there is no talent in pressing a button. and also rap! no talent in speaking with a rhythm. not that you guys know proper rhythms anyway! its mainly boom-boom-boom...etc, etc....yes. so yeah. listen to good music. your clothes make me sick. the 90's was the decade for fluorescent orange adidas. I hate townies and they have nothing better to do than to annoy and just hang around smoking something that will probably kill them. and good riddance too. Why do you have to fight with us? I mean its not for fun? you want fun, go to a theme park, losers!
Thank you *bows*
**UP THE 'KIN IRONS**
*SoNaTa ArCtIcA*


*super ranter number 2*: well for a start i feel for all those people who have been attacked, spat at or even communicated with these futureless bastards. they all just want to stand around, smoke dope, hurl abuse ( it will always have the word 'gay' in there somewhere and gay people r like the coolest ppl ever)they f**k all the stupid tarts who speak exactly like vicky pollard off little britan (an awesome show may i say) and get pregnant every weekend. can i mention that there is no such thing as a nice townie, people who dress the same and speak the same are just normal people to scared to be themselves, oh and as for the music issue my ranting mate is completely right in saying that all the rap, dance music, r&b is just a fat guy pushing buttons, backed up by a singer with nice abbs or big tits. the music that actually involves skill is the stuff i like (no greenday, no repeated powerchords to a whiney voice + similar new punk) my friend was attacked by one of the scariest townies ive ever seen, for no reason, honestly...just wanted a fight, anyway goths are cool exept for the 'to be depressed is to be cool' appeal and cutting yourself just to follow the rest makes you a poser. apart from that i love them. anyway up metallica and megadeth, down eminem and glc and f**k all townies


Townies

Post 9

josslove

Hi i saw ur post and i agree something should be done about these " Chavs , Rudeboys , Townies, im in the same siuation as your little brother was, I was getting picked by these unresembling kids.
i live in a place called worthing its full of townies u look to one side of you there is a load and the same happens when u look to the other side of you.
i feel for ur brother as skaters goths grunges punks surfers are prime targets .
think if we could put all our groups skater goth etc together we would be able to kick those townies heads in

in fact we should start an organisation that stops townies from doing there gay daily thing

Cheers

Joss love


Townies

Post 10

neutralguy

Ok, firstly you've just stereo typed every single 'townie' categorising them all into knife-toting, weapon-wielding LSD taking losers who can't tie their own laces. It's not true, im no townie, to be honest i can't see the attraction of fake burberry and trousers tucked into the socks, but then i think that mohicans and pierced eyebrows and lips aren't the greatest turn-on either, along with grunge/punk, whatever. Is it not just a form of expression? Some of my mates are 'townies' (and who has the right to call them that as a bad thing, of course there 'townies' if they live in a town)and they're great, theyre funny, considerate to older people and i for one have never been started on by a townie, do you think its got anything to do with the goths etc. attitude as it has the 'townie's'. So i have trouble trying to understand why 'townies' aren't all allowed to wear their nike air maxes and hoodies, but wait, whats a popular item of clothing for 'skaters', oh thats right, hoodies, silly me there's so much difference, and to be honest, if i see a lad with a face full of metal coming towards me or a townie who looks slightly silly with trousers tucked into his socks, the ear pierced (and its not just small holes, they make them as big as they can, thats attractive?!?!?) lad with a t-shirt that has a devil on it or it's sporting the charming phrase 'KILL KILL KILL'. If you see yourself faced with an unsavourly group of 'townies' then for crying out loud, AVOID THEM!!! Oh and by the way, i was playing football, so i had all my sports gear on, and sure enough what do i hear said in my direction "Theres a f**ki*g townie". Do you not reckon if both groups kinda compromised in the middle so that you can meet new, slightly different people. I think you need to be more open minded, with the exception of some you i know.


Townies

Post 11

codeboy105

SocialistRapper:

I agree totally with you on that one. I personally dislike rap music, being a punk, however i cannot disagree with your points. All in all, Towines / Rappers / Goths / Punks etc are all based around music. Maybe we should base it around who they actually are - i.e Losers / Non-Losers. The stereotypical "townies" and "rudeboys" are Losers. Anyone who isnt just out to get laid, do hard illegal drugs and have fights is a non-loser.

Thats my POV anyway.


Townies

Post 12

Johnny Voodoo, Lord of Badgerly Manor

Hurrah, Rock and Rap unite against the evil brotherhood of Drum'n'bass!
smiley - biggrin


Townies

Post 13

supasmall

no matter who or what you are your always gonna piss someone of. im a townie and all my friends are goths, not everyone is the same
smiley - biggrin write bac


Townies

Post 14

Johnny Voodoo, Lord of Badgerly Manor

So long as you're not the kind who starts fights for no reason, that's fine by me...


Key: Complain about this post