A Conversation for Townies Vs Goths - The Fight for the Streets

Rudeboys

Post 1

Researcher 207329

who do they think they are


Rudeboys

Post 2

Glorfindel_Ancalime

Please tell me who you are talking about? Do you mean goths or rudeboys? if u consider yourself a "RUDEBOY" Do you go around flashing your nether regions? i consider that rude... if you arent...ive started a thread...so have a gander if you want http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/brunel/F1754136?thread=387232&post=4926465#p4926465


Rudeboys

Post 3

Luke_Vertiis

RUDEBOY... Hiphop style/wannabe black hardnut types, usually hang aorund in groups of 4 in a tinted windowed BMW... Soft as shit.

SCALLIES - short for SCALLYWAG, an old northern english term for someone mischievous, out to cause trouble...

TOWNIE - Same as a scallie but stays in the town, hence the name. Won't hit the countryside as it's not 'right' fo them...

basically, different names for the same thing: A person who dresses like a dickhead, will only attack people if they don't look like them and will never attack anyone if they're outnumbered or they're on their own.
Stands outside busstops most of the day or in parks drinking white lightning - except 'rudeboys' who drive round beeping their horn at girls (you wish)...


Rudeboys

Post 4

SocialistRapper

Ha, at you’re stereotyping.
You should talk to people more, instead of just labelling them.
You base your ideas of hip hop on the top 40....
if we did the same....all goths/grungers/grebos like sum 41(punk) Marilyn Manson(metal) and slipknot(metal) then you would get more then slightly annoyed.
Stereotyping causes hate... i.e. Hitler stereotyped Jews, so 5 millions got killed. You stereotype people, then you almost as bad as Hitler.
Maybe talk to so-called townies, and you'll find most dont like causing trouble, and that they'd rather chill out listening to music, talking and drinking.
Peace.


Rudeboys

Post 5

incrediblezeberdee12

safe socialistrapper


Rudeboys

Post 6

killing_miranda

i totally agree wid SocialistRapper i think stero styping is stupid, u dont all wanna turn into sum1 like hitler do u? Why cant people just grow up . we r all peple rnt we? so there we are ALL the same!!!


Rudeboys

Post 7

codeboy105

To be honest, its not stereotyping.

They are all the same, for me being a townie is not wearing the clothes. Its being a all-taking selfish ignorant idiot. I do not think it is as clear cut as townies AND goths.

Townies - yes, a.k.a knobheads - mostly listen to dance, pop and hip hop.

Goths, people who like the dark and hard metal or dark music.

What about the people that listen to pop but arnt townies?

Also you get punks and skaters (and in some parts surfers) - they are mostly nice people. The punk philosophy interests me quite a bit, its all about doing everything for "the cause" - doing it for no money just for fun and for the goodness of society. Whereas Townie music (dance and hip hop) is out for record deals and money.

Townies are idiots and its not like they have no choice. They COULD change if they wanted to.


Rudeboys

Post 8

hiphop_hero2

wrong they dont listen to hip hop they list to MTV Hip pop, the artists they listen to such as 50cent are not classed as real artists by the Hip hop world they are regarded as record company puppet as the tracks they release are decided by the record labels. Real hip hop comes with a message and tends to be political or feature social commentary, for example look up Immortal technique, Jedi Mind Tricks, Big L, Sabac Red, Jus Allah, Reef Da Lost Cause and Cannibus all talk about relevant topics with no mention of Bling Bling or how much money they make, what car they drive or how many "hoes" they do a night, some of the lyrics are violent and explicit but is simply done to emphasize their feeling on the topic and for effect. So please before you judge hip hop look into real hip hop not MTVs version.

Also the easiest way to recognise a scally/chav/woteva is to look at their feet, they will havee £110 nike trainers or rockport and their trackies tucked into their socks.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more