A Conversation for Townies Vs Goths - The Fight for the Streets

Stereotypical Gothic view - not real .........................

Post 1

screamingc

Your defination of a Goth is of the new type. But not in most peoples opinon of the real Goth or it's culture.

Goths are all different as much as everything human is different - orignal or unique they may not be. But from what you have desctibed is just the typical view of a Goth made by the mainstream. Unfornately most Goths - usually in they're teens easily fall for this. But the fact is not all Goths slit they're wrist or are depressed. Yes if you go into a town chances are you'll see a few teenages gathered around white alot of eyeliner, black hair and Slipknot hoodies that give you awlful stares whilst you go past but these are just victims of the media.

Goth orignally came found punk. They're are now millions of diffrent kinds of Goth music and styles. But they all spiralled off from a type of what is essential darker, moodier punk.

In my opinion a way to saperate real Goth rock to the fake mainstream is that Goth music has a sense of elegance to it. It is moody and dark and flows more.

As for the fashion - not al Goths have trench coats of leather and satanic band t-shirts.

Some prefer to choose velvet, lace and more elegant clothing. There's more than one type of Gothic clothing style. xxx


Key: Complain about this post

Stereotypical Gothic view - not real .........................

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more