PHELOXI DIED 19 APRIL

Post 81

Gingersnapper+Keeper of the Cookie Jar and Stuff and Nonsense

smiley - rose .. He will be always missed and never forgotten .. smiley - rose

PHELOXI DIED 19 APRIL

Post 82

You can call me TC

smiley - cry

He was, well, he was just ALWAYS here with us. He will remain here eternally, in his posts, in our smiley - lovesmiley - love

smiley - rose

I won't be able to light a candle at 1 pm on Friday, as I'll be at work, and I think it might violate the fire regulations. I'll think of something.

PHELOXI DIED 19 APRIL

Post 83

Malabarista - now with added pony

How about a small lamp you wouldn't otherwise turn on at work, or bring in flowers to put on your desk?

There are even LED tealights, but buying one just for the occasion would go against his save-the-earth spirit.

PHELOXI DIED 19 APRIL

Post 84

Mina

A703126

Says it all to me.
smiley - rose

PHELOXI DIED 19 APRIL

Post 85

Mistadrong, (Count vonCount.)the last Gog standing

How sad.
I'll be lighting a candle for him.
smiley - vampire

PHELOXI DIED 19 APRIL

Post 86

Jabberwock

Re. quote 84. How true that page is. How about this for wisdom:

Everyone is unique! equal! beautifull!
never let anyone walk over you, not even yourself!
**life can be a pain, but do not let pain live your life.**

Wise man, lovely man.

Jabssmiley - smiley

PHELOXI DIED 19 APRIL

Post 87

Stealth "Jack" Azathoth

He was.
And thoughts go to his family and friends everywhere.

A candle will be lit for him here.

PHELOXI DIED 19 APRIL

Post 88

AlsoRan80

Hi Jabs,

How strange. It really was that quote that got to me. I remember him forming that United Friends. At the time I was so engrossed in just keeping myself together - I have had rather a bad time physically, and had to resort to a wheelchair to get around.

Yet he was always so cheerful and really supported me. It is worth finding all his work. fortunately there are lots of references to it. I really do not know if flowers addressed to Groningen are going to get to him. Certainly not if it is a big town.
Go well

Sincerely,

Christiane. M.E.
AlsoRan80

PHELOXI DIED 19 APRIL

Post 89

BMT

Little mighty blue2 has asked me to pass on her condolences to pheloxi's family and friends. She met pheloxi the same w/e we did. She's shocked and saddened by the news.

She's not able to get in HooToo just now as she's forgotten her password, I've passed on relevant info for her to sort her password dilemma. smiley - biggrin

smiley - cat

PHELOXI DIED 19 APRIL

Post 90

Elentari

So sorry to hear this. smiley - rose

Quite odd to read actually - that's exactly how my Nan died. She missed an appointment too.

PHELOXI DIED 19 APRIL

Post 91

breycito

I read that some people wish to send flowers, it needs to state more then Groningen as this is a large city!!

[personal details removed by moderator]

At present his body has been put in this special room close to his sister's house so that we can all visit him until the funeral. The flowers will need to arrive no later then 11.30GMT as we will leave then to go the cemetary.

My family is very touched by all your heartfelt messages and in awe of all the beautiful friendships he shared with many people all over the world.
I like it that everyone will light a candle, it will be a world wide celebration of a loved person.
thank you.

PHELOXI DIED 19 APRIL

Post 92

You can call me TC

Breycito - is there a charity that we can donate to instead of sending flowers? If pheloxi didn't have a favourite one, perhaps you can suggest something.

Our founder, Douglas Adams, supported "Save the Rhino", but it may be suitable to support something concerned with pheloxi's conditions.

PHELOXI DIED 19 APRIL

Post 93

breycito

I think Pheloxi would prefer a donation to a charity working for world peace or better education for children or Tibet then the diabetic society.
Please correct if you think this is wrong as you all know him well!

PHELOXI DIED 19 APRIL

Post 94

aka Bel - A87832164

I'm sure you are right about that.

PHELOXI DIED 19 APRIL

Post 95

Reefgirl (Brunel Baby)

Diabetes UK will happily take donations

PHELOXI DIED 19 APRIL

Post 96

Granny Weatherwax - ACE - Hells Belle, Mother-in-Law from the Pit - Haunting near you on Saturday

I too will light a candle and I have an oak sapling ready to plant at our local park

smiley - rose

PHELOXI DIED 19 APRIL

Post 97

Prof Animal Chaos.C.E.O..err! C.E.Idiot of H2G2 Fools Guild (Official).... A recipient of S.F.L and S.S.J.A.D.D...plus...S.N.A.F.U.

a mighty oak for a gentle giant

marvellous smiley - smoochGW
a wonderful thought and gesture

PHELOXI DIED 19 APRIL

Post 98

MMF - Keeper of Mustelids, with added P.M.A., is now in a relationship.

I, due to work, cannot light a smiley - lighthouse for you, but I was given a cutting of the herb Rosemary, for some unknown reason, recently...

Maybe this was the reason!!! I will never know.

But I shall find a suitable place to plant it and I will look after it, and it will be part of a new HooToo Remembrance garden, and labelled so.

I have to admit that I really do like the idea of Jimcracker's about some sort of Memorial wall for researchers that have joined the Golgafrinchams or other such worlds of DNA's thought processes.

And so to Pheloxi, and his family, I write this appalling poem.

Just by having touched our minds,
Like the first burst of Spring,
He has invegorated us,
And made our souls sing.

His 'Pheloxionfusing' thoughts
Would confuse any 'rainbow being'
While his 'thin air toddler's ramblings
Where 'neon' and far-seeing.

His 'digtoo' was Pheloxi,
But his 'klog' was never yanked.
'Taking the Dutch' was rude,
Yet his 'Neon' was highly ranked!

As a 'wired' being of high reknown,
It is not for me to say,
Just visit his own PS
And enjoy your stay!

Pheloxi / Peter, I met you on Yikes, and loved your humour, and wish my poor poetry could emulate it!

I was only slightly aware of your illness, and wish I'd been more aware.

You are missed, and there will be a small part of Brentford that will be forever dedicated to you... And your smiley - smiley outlook.

I am not sure yet, but I hope it will be somewhere where it will be looked after for when I join the Hairdressers and telephone sanitisers.

smiley - rose

smiley - peacedove

MMF

smiley - musicalnote

PHELOXI DIED 19 APRIL

Post 99

AlsoRan80

Very dear Breycito,

Thank you so much for sending me your address.

I shall order them this morning as soon as the florist opens.

Peter (pheloxi) was such a special person to me. He helped me when I first joined this website in 2001/2002 and also was very understanding of our familial problems with a very dear son .

we shall all miss him, We admire the courage and fortitude with which he coped with the myriad difficulties in his own life.

My son K . and I wish you our most sincere condolences in your sad loss.

with much respect and regard.

Christiane M. E. and K.
AlsoRan80

PHELOXI DIED 19 APRIL

Post 100

AlsoRan80

Dear Breycita,

I am sure that you are right about Peter(pheloxi) preferring to have something like either a children's charity or Free Tibet - which was always mentioned on his homepage.

However, there is nothing to stop hootoo friends contributing to both the charity and the flowers to his family.

With very kind regards

Christiane M.E.
AlsoRan80

Key: Complain about this post