This is the Message Centre for pheloxi | is it time to wear a hat? |

PHELOXI DIED 19 APRIL

Post 61

AlsoRan80

Excellent idea B'Elana,

I am still in a state of shock. Although I never had the plesure honour of meeting him he always seemed to be there and would offer words of wisdom and compassion whenever we needed it.

He had a little slogan at the head of his page which was

"Free Tibet"

He also had a little slogan at the head of his page saying

"Welcome.......( and my name) (probably also the name of whoever was writing to him appeared).!

That is/was such a wonderful greeting when we went to his space. .

Sadly I do not know the niceties of doing something like that. And I am sure that I am too old to learn. !!

So with all pheloxi's friends, all over the world, I shall light a candle at 12 noon GMT on Friday Perhaps some clever IT people can work out the difference in time in the capital cotoes of the five continents so that each continent can remember him at noon, on friday the 19th. He so wanted a word of his to be remembered. We could make that our first

"pheloxiography"(pheloxiographical) use of the word.

various of the globe.He certainly deserved it.

I had written to him asking him is he was coming to the meet, but he said he was not Later he that he had been to two dutch meets. There is also a picture of four of them on his page, with I believe amy Pawlowski. He was only 43 and was a diabetic.

Perhaps it should be Friday 12 noon adjusted to whatever part of the globe one is living in. That means that it really could be universal. Which I am sure he would love,

What a dear person, kind nad so compassionate. We shall all miss him, but I know that hootoo meant a lot to him.

With warm greetings,

Christiane
AlsoRan80.

PHELOXI DIED 19 APRIL

Post 62

Jabberwock

Thankyou so much for thinking of us at a time like this and letting us know, Harrie. Pheloxi was, as we say in England, "One of the best' - there is no higher accolade in our people's culture. He was intelligent, witty and wise. I personally feel a better man for having known him, albeit through the internet and not in person.

I would like you to know that you and the family are very much in our thoughts.

Our love goes out to you all.

Jabberwock.smiley - peacedove

PHELOXI DIED 19 APRIL

Post 63

AlsoRan80

Dear Harrie,

Thank you so much for letting us know of the sudden death of your brother pheloxi.

Pheloxi was one of my first friends on this wonderful website started by Douglas Noel Adams and nicknamed hootoo *h2g2"

He was always one of the kindest and most considerate people, and I am very proud to have had the pleasure of getting to know him over the years.

I am very sorry that I shall not be able to attend the funeral. I am actually very old - 81 next month- and have been in a wheelchair for eight years.

I would very much like to send some flowers to your family in rememberance of him. if you could send me your address to the above address then hopefully I could get some to be sent by Interflora.

My sincere condolences to all the family. Thank you all for having given us such a wonderful, loyal and compassionate friend.

Christiane M.E
also known as (aka)
AlsoRan80

PHELOXI DIED 19 APRIL

Post 64

AlsoRan80

Dear Harrie and B'elana

I have just noticed that I used the word Dutch in my first posting.

Pheloxi did not like that when I used it. He preferred the word |Netherlands. So I hereby wish to correct the incorrect appellation and using pheloxi wish make a

pheloxiographical correction and use the word

Netherlands.

Very sincerely and our affectionate condolences to all the family in their and our= sad loss of a son/brother/ and good Hootoo friend.

Christiane M.E.
AlsoRan80

PHELOXI DIED 19 APRIL

Post 65

Jabberwock

Harrie - just in case you don't know the ways of the internet. Send your address to AlsoRan80, as she asked, if you wish, but NEVER give your address out over the Internet, on this site for instance. There are plenty of criminals and other disreputables around, who would regularly check.

E-mail is much safer. Please forgive me if you know about this already.

Jabberwock.

PHELOXI DIED 19 APRIL

Post 66

aka Bel - A87832164

Dear Christiane, it was actually Magwitch who said she'd light a candle at the time, and I picked it up and suggested that we all light a candle on the day.
I'm sure pheloxi would have liked to see his friends doing something in unison.

PHELOXI DIED 19 APRIL

Post 67

AlsoRan80

Thank you so much Jabberwock.

I would like to send some flowers, and did not know how Harrie would let me know in time.

Then I saw that the email that I was responsding to was another name who probably is a member of hootoo and so they could do it.

Mea culpa.

Christiane.
AR80

PHELOXI DIED 19 APRIL

Post 68

AlsoRan80

Thank you B'lana for letting me know.

I shall write and thank her.

I would like to send some flowers, and inadvertently asked Harrie to send me his address.

thank gooeness Jabberwock picked it up.

I must now write and apologies.

Oh Dear!

Getting old can be a very dreary business.

Christiane. AR80

PHELOXI DIED 19 APRIL

Post 69

Traveller in Time Reporting Bugs -o-o- Broken the chain of Pliny -o-o- Hired

smiley - rose

PHELOXI DIED 19 APRIL

Post 70

pailaway - (an utterly gratuitous link in the evolutionary chain)

Pheloxi's joy and craft at playing with words is legendary here - he will be much missed in every corner of the world.
smiley - rose

PHELOXI DIED 19 APRIL

Post 71

Phil

Goodbye Pheloxi, may your journey be full of light and music
smiley - rose

PHELOXI DIED 19 APRIL

Post 72

Milla, h2g2 Operations

Somewhere here on hootoo, a phrase of holding someone in the light was used.

I am holding our dear Pheloxi in the light.

smiley - towel

PHELOXI DIED 19 APRIL

Post 73

Orcus

Very sad news. My condolences to you and your family Harrie. smiley - sadface

smiley - peacedove

PHELOXI DIED 19 APRIL

Post 74

J'au-æmne

Oh I'm so sorry. I didn't know Pheloxi very well, but he always seemed to be a nice guy on the very few occasions we spoke

smiley - rose

PHELOXI DIED 19 APRIL

Post 75

toybox

Oh no smiley - blue

Pheloxi was one the most positive researcher I have met here, and a wandering hootoo poet as well.

My most heartfelt condolences to all his family and friends

smiley - rose

PHELOXI DIED 19 APRIL

Post 76

WanderingAlbatross - Wing-tipping down the rollers of life's ocean.

My condolences for your sad loss.

smiley - peacedovesmiley - rose
WA

PHELOXI DIED 19 APRIL

Post 77

Reefgirl (Brunel Baby)

Dear Harrie

My condolences to you and your family on your loss, he'll be missed by many.

smiley - peacedovesmiley - rose

PHELOXI DIED 19 APRIL

Post 78

The H2G2 Editors

Dear Harrie,

We're so very sorry to hear of your loss. Your brother pheloxi played a really big part in this community here on h2g2. Just reading all the posts and the things people are saying you very quickly get a real sense of how respected he was and how positve his contribution has been, not only to the site itself, but to the friendships he nurtured while here. We're really very saddened by this news in the office. We wish to express to you and to your family our heartfelt condolences and we want to applaud the memory of pheloxi, an outstanding community member who made a really positive impact on h2g2 and on the people he met.

h2g2 Editors (Natalie and Derek) smiley - rose

PHELOXI DIED 19 APRIL

Post 79

T.B. Falsename ACE: [stercus venio] I have learned from my mistakes, and feel I could repeat them exactly.

My condolences to all of pheloxi's family.

smiley - cheers

PHELOXI DIED 19 APRIL

Post 80

Pedros_Ecosse - I always look this confused! :)

My sincere condolences to his family, I never had the pleasure of conversing with him, I'm sure it would have been enjoyable

Key: Complain about this post