A Conversation for Zaphodista Army of Cybernautic Liberation

LEAVE YOUR NAME AND U# HERE IF YOU WANT TO BE ADDED TO THE ZAPHODISTAS PAGE

Post 501

Jimmy the Evil Scar

I am JIMMY, all powerful demonic skull!

AND I AM MURRAY, ALL POWERFUL DEMONIC SKULL, YOUR FUTURE RULER, KING OF ALL DISEMBODIED APPENDAGES...

Put a sock in it!

We believe in the destruction of the BBC dictatorship of H2G2, as they have interrupted OUR dictatorship. But it is merely another enemy that we shall crush on our path to a new H2G2 a better H2G2...

A MORE EVIL H2G2!!! BWAHAHAHAHA!!!

SHUT UP!

My friend is sometimes a little bit too evil sometimes.

THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS TOO EVIL! YOU, MY SELF-PROCLAIMED FRIEND, THINK YOU ARE EVIL. BUT NO!!! YOU BARELY REGISTER ON THE EVIL SCALE! ONLY I, MURRAY, THE ALL-POWERFUL, ALL-CONQUERING...

Legless, armless, torso-less...

QUIET, FOOLISH MORTAL! I WILL LEAD YOUR ZAPHODISTA TO GLORY! WITH MY TRUSTY SIDEKICK, WHO, BY THE WAY, DOESN'T EVEN HAVE A BRAIN, LET ALONE ARMS...

I'm on an arm...

I'M AFRAID THAT JUST DOESN'T CUT IT, MORTAL!

Anyway, our number is U163044. We can join you.

Post 502

plaguesville

Aaaahhh,
Why can't there be fewer people like that in the world?
smiley - bigeyes

Post 503

MadMunk?¿

Errr.. yeah smiley - winkeye
My name is MadMunk, and I have a problem...... *grin*.
But nevermind about that, my Unumber is 27618. smiley - biggrin

Post 504

Deidzoeb

Don't be like that, plaguey! We should embrace all recruits to the Zaphodista Army WARMLY, even if we have to get a little drool on ourselves in the process of embracing them. United we stand, divided we ****! [succumb to endless idiotic moderation (and no, there is nothing naughty about the word SUCCUMB, even if it sounds like there should be)]! There must be no discrimination against our brothers or sisters who bare the same burden of unnecessary moderation that we bare, whether they are sane or insane, peons or dictators, mad scientists or monsters created by mad scientists, wearers of feather boas or wielders of sock puppets, shrews or marauding pillowcases.

Post 505

Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

Or even those who risk a posting being considered smutty by using the word "bare" instead of "bear"... smiley - biggrin

Post 506

plaguesville

OK
That's me told.
But if anyone complains about the cost of issuing two berets to one U number (and I just might!) don't expect sympathy.

Post 507

Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

Nah - let them argue over the one beret; it might be mildly entertaining... Neither one has hands to put it on, anyway... smiley - biggrin

Post 508

Pierre de la Mer ~ sometimes slightly worried but never panicking ~

Whatever happened to the revolution? The last posting is already 6 days old!!!

smiley - pirate

Post 509

Ormondroyd

I think we're all now concentrating our energies on the petition to the BBC, Pierce. See http://www.bbc.co.uk/h2g2/guide/A526060 for details. smiley - smiley

Post 510

Er, Pierce, the posting before yours is dated "Yesterday"...?

Post 511

the phantom ( part time) 1x6x9-9-9+6=42 . greeblet.

COUNT ME IN U169996smiley - ghost

Post 512

Argon0 (50 and feeling it - back for a bit)

He must be in some sort of Temporal warp or summit....

Post 513

Nah - he was just on the wrong page of the thread.

Post 514

Same thing innit?

Post 515

Martin Harper

http://www.bbc.co.uk/h2g2/guide/F65794?thread=108797 post 12. One for the workaround guide? Simply post large chunks of quote, and they CAN'T remove the link without breaching the fair use copyright law. I must say, I was *very* impressed... :)

Post 516

Martin Harper

http://www.bbc.co.uk/h2g2/guide/F65794?thread=108797 post 12. One for the workaround guide? Simply post large chunks of quote, and they CAN'T remove the link without breaching the fair use copyright law. I must say, I was *very* impressed... :)

Post 517

Same thing innit?

Post 518

Hmm V. Intriguing!

Must think If I can use it.....

Post 519

Deidzoeb

Holy tiSh! Lucinda, does this mean that we can give any URL we want within message posts, as long as we are using them for citations to quotes taken from that URL? (I presume they would still remove links to offensive sites, but still, we might be able to write our own URLs to homepages or news stories or anything!)

Post 520

Almighty Rob - mourning the old h2g2

Yes, well. What can I say? I'm a genius...

No, actually I was just getting really annoyed with the inconsistency of the policy. I was even a bit upset that they removed the link a few posts earlier, because it *was* an academic discussion, not some frivolous mucking about.

But I think we may have one valid way of linking from fora here... Perhaps if we can get this happening more often we'll force a change in policy?

Rob.

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more