This is the Message Centre for GreyDesk

Cat on the roof!

Post 1

GreyDesk

I am being stared at by a cat, and it is most disconcerting.

I am sitting in the back bedroom where the computer and the near legendary desk are kept. To my left is the window out of which I can look out over the rooftops of Brighton.

Now the design of the house is such that the kitchen and bathroom constitute an off-shot at the back of the house, but because of the steepness of the hill they are dropped down by about 6 feet relative to the body of the house. This means that the guttering running along the bathroom roof is almost exactly at my eye-level as I sit at the aforementioned desk.

In this guttering there is a large black and white cat sitting down, looking quite comfortable with it's surroundings and staring in at me. I have no idea how it got up there, but it better have its route back planned out because there is no way that I'm letting it in through the window!

-----------

Talking of cats and rooves. Has anyone else seen that rather sick advert for the Ford Street Ka that's been going around the internet recently? I got a copy dropped in my in-box by a friend a couple of days ago. It's very bizarre. Copies are available on request, the mpeg is about 1Mb long if you want it.

Cat on the roof!

Post 2

There is only one thing worse than being Gosho, and that is not being Gosho

it's - its smiley - nahnah

I wouldn't having a butchers at the ad smiley - smiley

Cat on the roof!

Post 3

GreyDesk

I think you're missing a 'mind' smiley - tongueout

It's on its way.

Cat on the roof!

Post 4

'wouldn't *mind* having a butchers' smiley - flustered

I was about to ask how come you're not at work today, then I realised it's (not its smiley - winkeye) Bank Holiday Monday over there smiley - biggrin

Cat on the roof!

Post 5

smiley - blush

Cat on the roof!

Post 6

smiley - laughsmiley - laughsmiley - laughsmiley - laughsmiley - laughsmiley - laughsmiley - laughsmiley - laughsmiley - laugh

smiley - ok

Cat on the roof!

Post 7

GreyDesk

The cat has wandered off now. It spent some time sitting on top of a chimney pot, then went down the roof to my neighbour's side of the building. I guess that's where it climbed up from.

Cat on the roof!

Post 8

broelan

somehow i expected this to be gosho's journal...

sounds like my kitty, altho he'd be very far away from home if it was smiley - tongueout

Cat on the roof!

Post 9

GreyDesk

The cat is back. It's sitting on the chimney pot enjoying the early evening sunshine.

Now where did I leave that water pistol smiley - evilgrin

Cat on the roof!

Post 10

Secretly Not Here Any More

Throw rolled up bits of paper.

Cat on the roof!

Post 11

Number Six

Pick on someone yer own size! smiley - smiley

smiley - mod

Cat on the roof!

Post 12

*Sits back and waits for GD and Number Six to have at it* smiley - tongueout

Cat on the roof!

Post 13

GreyDesk

You know I had no idea that Number Six was a tall fat skinhead smiley - wow

Cat on the roof!

Post 14

smiley - laugh

Cat on the roof!

Post 15

Bassman - Funny how people never ceases to amaze me!

Number six probably didn't realise you were small black and white and cuddly!!

Bassman smiley - cool

Cat on the roof!

Post 16

GreyDesk

smiley - laughsmiley - laughsmiley - laugh

Cheers! And nice to see you around Bassman smiley - ok

Cat on the roof!

Post 17

Bassman - Funny how people never ceases to amaze me!

I'm always 'Round' smiley - laughsmiley - tongueout Nice to see you too.

It's good to be back - for a while anyhow....

Bassman smiley - cool

Cat on the roof!

Post 18

GreyDesk

It's back again, and at night this time.

A ghostly white face and a pair of inquisitive eyes are looking in at me...

Cat on the roof!

Post 19

E G Mel

I think you must intrigue it, a Grey Desk staring at it must be very strange in its sphere of experience smiley - winkeye

Mel smiley - hsif

A different Cat on another roof!

Post 20

GreyDesk

The saga continues...

This time it is a black cat that is on my neighbour's roof. Their house in on the next street and so backs onto mine, the design of the house is pretty much the same as my place. The only significant difference being that it is 12 to 15 feet lower down the hill, so I'm looking down upon the whole affair.

Anyway, unlike my black and white adventurer, this black cat really doesn't like the idea of being up on the roof and is trying to get down. The problem is, that it doesn't have the bottle to jump onto a window ledge and in through the back bedroom of that house that it is sitting upon.

The people in the house are trying all sorts to get it down. Just now I saw a step ladder being swung stupidly out of the bedroom window. The cat for its part is deeply regretting its fool-hardy adventuring and is mewling its little head off.

Me, I'm sitting here having a right laugh at the whole thing. As is incidently the original black and white cat who is currently sitting on my garden wall, watching intently with what can only be described as a feline smug grin across its chops smiley - laughsmiley - laughsmiley - laugh

Key: Complain about this post