A Conversation for Newcomers' Welcome Page

New users w/c 7 February 2000

Post 1

The Researcher formally known as Dr St Justin

Well, hello to all newbies for this week. In case you're wondering why it's me posting this message rather than Peta (the Community Editor), it's because someone thought we were still in January (here's the link if you haven't already found what I'm talking about: http://www.h2g2.com/forumframe.cgi?forum=617&thread=38759 )
Anyway, a big hello on behalf of all at h2g2 (even if I'm not really qualified to make such a welcome). Any problems, track down an ACE, or try Ask h2g2, which is linked from the front page.

Enjoy! smiley - smiley

Post 2

Anonymouse

*wanders in carrying monsy's tray of goodies* .. Oh! It wasn't Peta!

*blush*

'Nonnie

Post 3

Nope, it's not Peta. Only me!! smiley - winkeye

Post 4

msmonsy

*wanders in quietly on her way to the office to make sure the goodies made it*
ahh!! great smiley - smiley thank-you for tending to them for me smiley - smiley
ok, must go see the office now....say hello for me to any newcomers who might happen by while i am gone smiley - smiley
monsy smiley - fish

Post 5

Irving Washington - Gone Writing

Please keep the wandering to a minimum, as per Peta's suggestion.

Hello all Newcomers! I hope you all have a great time and that I (or the other Assistant Community Editors (ACES)) can be of service smiley - winkeye

Have a fish smiley - fish

~Irving Washington, ACE

Post 6

Weatherwax

Thanks for the fish.

Post 7

Hello there!

Post 8

FairlyStrange

A hearty welcome to all "newbies"!!!!! If you have any questions, don't be afraid to ask!smiley - smiley

NM

Post 9

And don't be afraid when you actually get answers!

Post 10

msmonsy

and with any luck the answers will actually be correct smiley - winkeye
(just kidding smiley - winkeye)
monsy smiley - fish

Post 11

The very least you can hope for is that they are in some way related to the question.

Post 12

Or vaguely intelligable smiley - smiley

Post 13

FairlyStrange

Which does, sometimes, actually happen! When it does, there is much rejoicing and patting of backs.........now....when, exactly was the last time that all these things actually happened in conjunction?smiley - winkeye

smiley - fishNM

Post 14

November 7, 1999 at 11:00pm MST, back when the ACEs were still fresh and intelligable.

~Irving

Post 15

FairlyStrange

Are you sure?..........I didn't think it was that recent!LOLsmiley - winkeye

NM

Post 16

Azimuth

Well, I was just about to post a message on "How To Survive Your First H2G2 Experience And Thrive On It", along with the meaning of life and a really good recipe for cookies, but Internet Explorer deleted the page I was viewing rather unexpectedly.

Honestly. (ahem)

The easiest way to start (as I'm sure other people will have mentioned) is to find one of the collaborative ventures within h2g2. They pop up on the front page from time to time (past examples include the "Universal Alcoholic Table" at http://www.h2g2.com/A71614 and "Things that make your Skin Crawl" at http://www.h2g2.com/A137567 ), but 'Ask H2G2' at http://www.h2g2.com/A148907 is a good place to begin for general banter.

If in doubt, ask an ACE - you might get an intelligible answer out of one (or maybe even more) of us...

As for the assorted fish, trays of goodies, toilets, etc. referred to in other threads - well, I for one haven't got a clue smiley - winkeye

Azimuth

Post 17

Strange. Still no sign of Peta. smiley - sadface

Key: Complain about this post