A Conversation for Newcomers' Welcome Page

New users w/c 17 January 2000

Post 21

Ginger The Feisty

After all the hype of the last one, when it was such a disaster, I couldn't be bothered to stay awake for this one! smiley - smiley

Post 22

Sidney Kidney, AKA Gruby Ben, friend of Dirty Den

I stayed awake and now wish I hadn't!

Post 23

Uncle Jimmy

Just fell in to this site looking for a recipe for Yorkshire Pudding which I found and copied. I think I will stay with this site for a while to see if I fit in. I am quite new to this web thing and am using my work computer on breaks. Thanks for the welcome.

Post 24

FairlyStrange

Enjoy the Ride, Uncle Jimmy....and hang in. It gets real good!

I was working during the eclipse here(Alabama, US). It was cold as the Dickens, but it was a lovely site to behold! Crystal clear skies(a rarety for this time of year), and working in an area with few lights. I'll not forget it for a while!

By the by....there is no paper in the dispensers, and I'm fresh out of corncobs. That's why I asked!smiley - winkeye

NM

Post 25

The Researcher formally known as Dr St Justin

In that case, I'll just phone through to maintainance...

*sound of distant phone ringing*
*Hello? Yes, can you put some more paper in the toilets please? No, when I say *in* the toilets, I actually mean in the dispensers...
Thank you! Good bye!*

The situation should be rectified shrotly

Post 26

Dr E Vibenstein (You know it is, it really is.)

Was someone looking for paper? I've just found several thousand used copies of the Daily Telegraph lying around out here...... oh, hello everybody, didn't see you there!

Post 27

FairlyStrange

OK.....we all know the maintenance 'puters are screwed here, so just hand over the newspapers....I've had worse!smiley - winkeye

NM

Post 28

shazzPRME

Just so long as you don't use old copies of the Post people smiley - winkeyeIt could be embarrasing trying to use *virtual paper smiley - bigeyes
Hi to all you new users!I hope to catch you around the sitesmiley - smiley
shazzPRME smiley - winkeye

Post 29

Owing to the slow response times of the maitainance round here, I've just personally re-stocked the paper dispensers in all of the cubicles. There that should keep everyone happy for a while...

Post 30

FairlyStrange

Thanks!!!! I REALLY do appreciate it!smiley - winkeye

smiley - fishNM

Post 31

Anonymouse

*twitches whiskers and tailwaves to everyone* ... Just figured I'd better have a peek. Well.. Have a peek and leave a few droppings this time.. Gee.. I didn't know this was where we were supposed to .. uhm.. go! smiley - bigeyes

oops. smiley - winkeye

Oh, Hi Justin and Jez! Nice to see new faces. smiley - smiley

Post 32

msmonsy

*bounces into the room carrying a rather large basket of goodies*
hi y'all!! nice to see you smiley - smiley would you like a nibble or two?? smiley - smiley
monsy smiley - fish

Post 33

Anonymouse

*blinks up at monsy* I -knew- I smelled choccy around here somewhere! smiley - winkeye

Post 34

msmonsy

hehe!! i should of known you would be the first to find them smiley - winkeye
*picks up nonnie and places her on the edge of the basket for a quick nibble*
monsy smiley - fish

Post 35

Perhaps not the *most* hygeinic of places to be eating though... Just make sure you've washed your hands first!smiley - smiley

Post 36

BTW, this forum is now on the busy list!!! smiley - bigeyes

Post 37

Rob Noxious

A Big "Hello" to all Intelligent Life Forms Out There!
And to everybody else, the trick is to Bang the Rocks together, Guys!
I just registered earlier today, or yesterday, depending on how fussy you are about counting a new day starting at Midnight. I tweaked the Home Page a bit, changed my researcher number to a suitable "nom de post," and impressed a couple'a friends that I was now an Official Researcher for the Guide. Admittedly, they're easily impressed, but I'm still thinking of having business cards printed up.
Just wanted to say "Hi."
To Business! [klink!]

Post 38

Why not join us for drinkies at http://www.h2g2.com/forumframe.cgi?forum=24306&thread=35920

Post 39

Gargoyle

I don't suppose I'm officially new as I've been here a week now, but I only just found this toilet (and not before time smiley - winkeye) so thought I'd pop in and say a quick hello to everyone.

"Hello everyone"

Gargoyle smiley - bigeyes

Post 40

Peta

Hey great! That was my recipe for Yorkshire Pudding! smiley - smiley I feel all sort of proud now... *My* Yorkshire Pudding recipe has been referenced... smiley - smiley Tell me how it came out? Did you like it?

Key: Complain about this post