A Conversation for h2g2 Feedback

Hey, I'm first...

Post 1

Spartus

Wow. This is really really neat. And really really big. And it's just the beginning.
I love the future.

Hey, I'm first...

Post 2

Researcher 25845

How can you know that without having been there?

Hey, I'm first...

Post 3

Jedi_Knight

I'm a bit disappointmented the Guide entries from the novel aren't already available

Hey, I'm first...

Post 4

Man in Brown 29906

I know. The ones I want to see (and more importantly want to refer to are:

Space, The Sirrius Cybernetic Corp, Money, Trans Galactic Gargle Busters, Improbable Probability Drive and Vorgon Poetry.

What is the scope of the guide, can we go out there in space and run rampant (within the scope of Terran Laws and God , woops, Douglas Adams), or is it solely Earth.

But...

Post 5

Some Guy

But you've already read them. They're there. In your book? You've read them.

I don't understand.

Hey, I'm first...

Post 6

Digby, a dog that barks.

I never liked optimists. Have a drink and it will become a bleaker future, but take comfort in knowing you'll remeber less.

Hey, I'm first...

Post 7

shrinkwrapped

Is it me, or are a large number of people using this site people who have NOT in fact read the Hitchhiker's Guide 'Trilogy'? Is it possible that a large proportion of people just don't seem to get it?

Hey, I'm first...

Post 8

BK

wouldnt trilogy mean three? I believe there are 5 books, or 6.

Hey, I'm first...

Post 9

Yeliab {h2g2as}

I think there are only 5 books available in England. I only got the sixth from buying the Ultimate Guide in California.

Hey, I'm first...

Post 10

Yeliab {h2g2as}

I think there are only 5 books available in England. I only got the sixth from buying the Ultimate Guide in California.

Hey, I'm first...

Post 11

the potter

This site has attracted a lot of Guide fans, which is great. BUT it seems a lot of people think that this is a jokey copy of the original script, which it isn't. Just think guys! This could be the most powerful encyclopedia system ever - all we really need and want to know about anything! But that means some serious entries about REAL things - not just amusing references to pan galactic gargle blasters etc. So lets get real here okay?

Hey, I'm first...

Post 12

Valkyrie

Still, it is a trilogy. Regardless of the actual number of books.

Hey, I'm first...

Post 13

Spartus

I agree, Holly. I figure everyone will get the idea soon enough. It's only a week old--it'll sort out.
Oh yeah, I haven't mentioned it in a few days--I love this idea. Bloody brilliant.

Hey, I'm first...

Post 14

Drool Frood the Second

I think the whole concept of h2g2 is brilliant.The main thing to do is to think about things you know a bit about and then write about them
in your own words not Douglas Adams style.Don't try to be funny just
let it flow normally! I am still debating with myself what to write about-I'll get there in the end though.

Hey, I'm first...

Post 15

shrinkwrapped

Firstly I'd like to point out that the 'joke' is that the Hitchhiker's Guide series is called a Trilogy - but it's not ("A trilogy in five parts"). 6th Part? Is that 'Mostly Harmless' or have I missed something? I mean, why would Douglas Adams, being a Brit, not release his new book here (UK) too? Or is it not by him?
Talkin' of guide entries, I'd appreciate some feedback on my two attempts. Any of you who like the Discworld series or hate/love boy bands may be interested.
Lastly, yeah guys I think it's important to include serious entries. But, I mean, what do people think the Internet is? You can find info on practically everything anyway. Well... maybe just everything you don't want to know about (in my experiance). I just can't wait to see if the Guide has evolved into its original vision (portable book-type jobby) in ten or so years time.

Questions

Post 16

Researcher 26444 Fenchurch

Jim Lynn, I implore you, how do I include images? How do I delete stuff; say a reply in a forum, thanks for reading on...

Questions

Post 17

Jim Lynn

Users aren't able to delete posts in forums. In fact, not even Editors can do that. Only I can. This is so I can exert my will over all mere mortals. Or is it just because I haven't finished those tools yet? I forget?

If you want to include an image, it has to already exist somewhere else on the internet. When you know the URL (web address) of the image, type in the following:

The / is important, by the way.

Questions

Post 18

Thank you Jim, unfortuneately the images I wanted to include are not yet on the net, I'll have to search a bit more

Questions

Post 19

Jim Lynn

We're looking into what it would take to offer image upload to users. It's on the list of future features.

Questions

Post 20

Are there any vacancies at TDV for editors/general dogsbodies?

Key: Complain about this post