This is the Message Centre for Researcher 158058

A459650 - Palestinians

Post 121

Dancer (put your advert here)

If I get enough free time, I usually lurk about PR and WW, because as a scout this is kind of my job.
Having 2 Jobs (A full time Dancer and 45 hours a week as a programmer) I don't have enough time to participate in Uni Projects. I tried helping with the Programming Uni Poj, but had to quit in the middle, it made me neglect PR, and I can't do that.

The last month I didn't have even enough time for PR, so, you can see that I can't get into something like this, as meningful and close as it is to me.

Sorry,
smiley - hsif
Dancer

A459650 - Palestinians

Post 122

Administrator-General (5+0+9)*3+0

I was just thinking, I could contribute a couple of articles, but nothing from the Palestinian point of view. We could conceivably find some Israelis to write entries, but the cyber-Palestinians at h2g2 seem to have disappeared.

In short, it looks like the project's on hold.

A459650 - Palestinians

Post 123

combattant pour liberte

I've also noticed the writer didn't include all the territories Israel occupied, they are:

the Gaza Strip (Palestinian area, then administered by Egypt)
Sinai (Egypt)
the Golan Heights (Syria)
the West Bank inc. Arab East Jerusalem (Palestinian area, then part of Jordan)

The Golan Heights and East Jeusalem were later annexed, and although some PLO control was given to various West Bank and Gaza cities (although recentally the Israelis have started sending their tanks back in), they have still been under an occupation (declared illegal by the UN) for 35 years.

A459650 - Palestinians

Post 124

combattant pour liberte

"Israel is attacking no-one" Dancer Posting 31

Yeah, right! It's only repeatedly targeting civilian insfastructure, civilians themselves, etc.

A459650 - Palestinians

Post 125

Administrator-General (5+0+9)*3+0

Well, I guess we found someone to represent the Palestinian point of view.

At this point, do we really want to pick the University project back up?

A459650 - Palestinians

Post 126

combattant pour liberte

"No executions"

Israel consistently carries out extrajudicial executions on Palestinian leaders.

A459650 - Palestinians

Post 127

combattant pour liberte

Forgot to mention. Israel also occupied Egyptian Sinai from 1967-78, and it occupied S Lebanon in 1978. I heard they planned to leave it by July 2001--although I'm not sure if they have yet.

Writing Workshop: A459650 - Palestinians

Post 128

David Conway

As it stands, this entry needs a lot of work. Ideally, on the part of several people. OTHO, So did my War and Protest series. I've already done a lot of digging on the Israel/Palestine question, and have by own bias (everyone does). I think, however, that I can do a fairly good job of keeping the entry factual and unbiased if I decide to go with it. Especially if I can get the cooperation of someone who has the oposite bias but will be able to keep her/his points factual and unbiased. We'd be each others bias detectors.

I don't know... It's been a long time since I've felt the urge to contribute to the EG... and this is a huge subject.

It'd be a challenge. I like being challenged.

It's probably more appropriate as a university project, in which I would not care to participate, or as a series of entries.

I need to think about this.

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Researcher 158058

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more