A Conversation for Talking About the Guide - the h2g2 Community

Talf Buffy ??? ?

Post 1

Alfredo

Since sept 2001 I join h2g2.

Just a few weeks ago I discovered other BBC-sites, like 360, Collective and Buffy.

But I don't get the point where Buffy is all about, maybe because
I don't live in G.B.

Is "buffy" related to a radioprogram or TV program?

Greetings from Amsterdam

Talk Buffy ??? ?

Post 2

Loup Dargent

"Buffy The Vampire Slayer" is actually an American TV series that was shown originally on SKY and then on the BBC...

It's not as sinister as the title could suggest by the way... The episode titled "One more time with feeling" is a great example of that...

There are also quite a lot of books, comic books and e-comics available now as the characters of the series have become very popular very quickly...

Like some of the TV series having reached a cult status, Buffy has a lot of Fan-Fiction stories being written and even some [very short and low budget] fan-films made by keen fan groups as an homage to the series... One of them is "Fluffy the English Vampire Slayer" [ A2942002 ]. All in good fun...smiley - vampire

If you type Buffy in the h2g2 search box and choose the "all entries" option, you will also see that some members of h2g2 have been rather prolific when it comes to talk about Buffy... so quite a lot of info are available on Hootoo as well on that subject...

I do like the "Talk Buffy" site but haven't enough time to visit it on a regular basis unfortunately... but the idea is great: it's a community site a la h2g2 [without the entries writing though...smiley - sadface]...smiley - disco

I hope that helped...smiley - biggrin

loupsmiley - fullmoon

Talk Buffy ??? ?

Post 3

Alfredo

Yes, your reply is very clear, to me!

I really didn't know what was behind it.

Now I got a good picture of the site and the historic cultural background.

Thanks a lot smiley - smiley

Talk Buffy ??? ?

Post 4

Loup Dargent

No problem...smiley - smiley

I'm glad I could help...smiley - disco

Talk soon..smiley - surfer

loupsmiley - fullmoon

Talk Buffy ??? ?

Post 5

Loup Dargent

smiley - yikes It was "Once More, With Feeling" _not_ "One more time with feeling"...smiley - whistle

Still a great episode though...smiley - biggrin

smiley - vampire
smiley - redwine

loupsmiley - fullmoon

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more