A Conversation for Talking About the Guide - the h2g2 Community

Why do fools fall in love, stupidity, lust or bravery.

Post 1

Eldudarino

I lie and ask the stars up above, why do u fools fall in love. Do only fools fall in love, or is this something that anybody can participate in. Is a person stupid for allowing it to happen to them, maybe they are just driven into a frenzy of lust for the person they think they love. Maybe the person is rather brave for opening their soul to the world by falling in love. So I ask why, what you the people out there think, those in love and not alike, and also does it stand the test of time.

Post 2

Tango

Very deep! You might find more interest at <./>askh2g2</.>. Not many people look here.

Tango

Post 3

Zugzwang

I'll jump into the frey here. Fools fall in love for various reasons. Wants, needs, companionship...
Sometimes you try your whole life to find someone, and other times they are dropped in your lap.

You seem to be trying to sort something out...wanna talk about it.

I am all ears. Falling in and out and around about is what I do best.

Give me a shout!

Zugzwang

Post 4

The Guy With The Brown Hat

Love of the lust type is usually just a short-term obsession.

Short-term in the sense that either the feeling goes away, or you die and there is no such feeling any more.

Obsession, infatuation .. crazes one's mind. A bad thing.

Post 5

Zugzwang

Or you die? Metaphorically I hope. Lust is a very valuable commodity in life. It can help you learn and expand, provided the maturity is there for a mutual lust affair. I am not disagreeing that lust is short-term, however it is not all that evil.

Of course we still have not touched on bravery.

Post 6

Die as in dead. Feeding the worms.

The only alternative to something ending in life, is death.

Post 7

Zugzwang

There is no woman or man that is worth the ending of a life. That is a falsehood. This is what bravery is all about! Are you strong enough to wake up in the morning and start over? There is always another day n'est pas.

The next day is what you make of it. You can cause the gray day to turn black or let sunshine glow. Up to you, but I recommend that you let in the sunshine.

Wanna talk about it? I am here every day!

Zug

Post 8

No, I meant you'd just die anyway. Not suicide.

Post 9

Hasslefree

Love certainly sells a lot of books, records, and films.
I've found it's much better to feel love than receive it.

Post 10

Zugzwang

Cool, just fading away...I can deal with that. Thanks for sorting that out. Now I can sleep

Zug

Post 11

Hasslefree

To answer the question though. I'd say love was all of the above smiley - biggrin ...... and some more.

Post 12

Zugzwang

It is true, all of the above. It has to be the greatest feeling in the world when it works. It has to be the worst feeling the world when it doesn't. It can be confusing and it can relegate you to the ends of the earth.

Ask me, I know...The truth of the matter is, fools fall in love because they want to, and they need to. Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs places love in there somewhere, you just have to look. As in most things related to love, it just isn't spelled out.

Fools fall in love, because if feels good, safe and warm. These types of questions only seem to get asked though when one falls out of love (not really possible if you are asking this question) or are forced out of the love equation (more likely the cause of the original question).

Maybe we should be asking the question "why do we give our hearts away so easily?"

Zug

Post 13

Hasslefree

William Blake said for happiness you need; something to love, something to do and something to hope for.
I think Freud agreed.
It's human nature.

Post 14

hikermike - guardian of the wa

Ah no my child, you are looking at this the wrong way. The question is not why do fools fall in love, but why do those in love become fools?

Post 15

SpartanWrestler

I think people fall in love just to make them feel better.
Just to have someone to talk to, and to share things with.People think there in love, but are they really? or is it just a feeling that they don't understand or a need to have someone?
You see people give thier hearts away way to easly to someone they don't even know,and who they think they love, but they just get hurt.

Is there really any point of love? or is it something people think they need?

Post 16

bix

even though it hurtz sometimes...there is no other sensation that makes me feel more alive! i fall in love at the drop of a hat! i've been in love scads of times...i highly recommend it...nothing ventured, nothing gained...so, i guess i'm a fool. so be it.

Post 17

hasselfree

Sure being in love makes you feel better, but it has to be about procreation in the long term.
What better as a child rearing foundation, that the two required people to do the job should get a long with each other.

At the bottom line, naturewise, this is why we are all here, to replace ourselves when we're worn out.

Post 18

bix

i agree 100%...love is there specifically fer the assured procreation of the species..but, i still haven't figured out if man is like the wolf or the albatross...in other words, meant to be a monagamus creature...although i do believe humans can love a specific person fer their entire lives...i can name three people right now that i know i will love until the day i die...but, it's the cohabitation thing that gets me...back in the day, it was vital that a family unit stayed together, simply as a matter of survival...but, know.....i just don't know if that really applies anymore. don't get me wrong, i think it's fantastic when i meet a couple that have been together forever...it just hasn't worked that way for me...and alot of other people i know...

Post 19

hasselfree

Marriage is civilisations answer to child creating and rearing.
But natures answer, which still courses through our veins, is to find the best father and mother, healthwise, characterwise and providerwise. All these ensure the survival of the offspring.
Love is the bonding glue when we find that person and that person finds us.
Sometimes we make mistakes, for the reasons I've already written and instincts get us to look around unconsciously for a 'better' mate. Unfortunately we're probably still using the same set of 'rules' to find that perfect partner and the ball rolls on.
So in a way it's not the partner we have to change but ourselves. look what's wrong with our choices not theirs.
I don't think a better solution than marriage (in any form it takes) has been invented. The creators of the offspring which contains their DNA will nearly* always be the best caregivers, because of natures desire to continue the genes and ensure their survival

* In a 'normal healthy' situation.

Even if you polyp a baby it will still have the same requirements as an old fashioned made baby. It's written into their survival genes.
For a baby to survive it's instincts require that as many people as possible will love it. Once that love is formed , everything else that requires survival is already there.

All those abusers we spoke about earlier have not discovered this love, possibly because they have never experienced it themselves.
and this is the true 'sin of the fathers' passed onto the next generation. The inabilty to love through never knowing it.
Never , ever let the possibilty to find love pass you by. Take a risk, that's what life is all about.
In a world that seems to be increasingly mad and sick, it's the only compensation and is worth the hassle of searching for until the day you die.
It's what you're really about.

Post 20

Delicia - The world's acutest kitten

smiley - footprints

Key: Complain about this post