This is the Message Centre for Hati

My interesting life and Bob

Post 1

Hati

I live a very interesting life. No, I don't mean it, it's just tad bit too busy for me. By the looks of it I am more than ready for summer holiday.
Anyway, I went to Bob Dylan's concert yesterday. Never seen him before, so it was kinda cool. And the concert was worth of every smiley - 2cents. Actually even more since I didn't pay any. It was fast, without any small talk and lame jokes, they came on, did their job, played one extra and left. Quite some old hits were performed but in totally new arranging. Some were recognisable only by lyrics. That was good as well.
Time has done good to Dylan's voice, methinks. It's more throaty with a touch of velvet. So, I had great time.
Other than that huge festivities are taking place in my hometown. Among other things there will be a punk song festival. All that means that I have been smiley - bleeping busy and I will be even busier in coming days. And then I'll try to take some time off and do some church-sitting. The open church program for the summer, I'm sitting there and seeing the tourists (not stealing the church) and answering the questions (they don't have). Nice and calm place it is.
That's it, I guess. The weather is fine, I hope so are you all. smiley - smiley

Post 2

Hapi - Hippo #5

smiley - smiley I've seen Bob D last year smiley - smiley good indeed smiley - smiley

smiley - biggrin being busy keeps you from doing mischief smiley - tongueout and I'll be hapi to come around to your church and ask you lots of questions smiley - biggrin I'll not steal the church smiley - biggrin

Post 3

Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

*waves to Hapi and Hati*

I've been to church today with a good friend smiley - smiley plus we had a lovely meal and excellent conversation. Even the sun shone on us, so, a good day smiley - smiley

Glad you had a good day and are well smiley - ok

smiley - hug

Post 4

Sho - employed again!

oh smiley - envy the Bob. I love him. And his birthday is our wedding anniversary, so we always have a Bob Day on 24th May.

I've seen him a few times and been lucky - sometimes he's hit & miss. smiley - chef saw him when he went all gospel, and was about to walk out halfway through the (very long, as he is prone to do smiley - magic) set when he started to play his old stuff, all electrificated.

We saw him during the '92 world cup on the night Germany played Romania. I've never seen so many old hippies torn... mostly bopping around with an earplug in one ear trying to get the footie scores. That was probably the best Bob gig I've seen - at the Tanzbrunnen in Köln. Tiny, outside and just full of atmosphere.

smiley - hug

Post 5

Sho - employed again!

oh I was writing that with my PC on shuffle (for music) and I was listening to All Along the Watchtower sung by Neil Young off the Weld CD. Very loud and very electrified and distorted.

Post 6

Hati

Bob was great indeed, even though a bit too rock'n'roll to my taste.

Post 7

Pierre de la Mer ~ sometimes slightly worried but never panicking ~

i saw bob way back in the 80's with gospel singers and whatnot. he is one of four favourites (others are neil young, roger waters and van morrison) and i would love to see him again, but just missed a concert in odense (may 28th, i think it was).

anyway, the cup in '92 was european, not world smiley - geek

i know, because we won it smiley - biggrin

smiley - pirate

Post 8

Sho - employed again!

ah then it would have been 94 then
I'm pretty sure it was the World Cup

I remember the '92 European cup final night - we were in a pub, the only two people supporting Denmark (you know: anyone but Germany smiley - winkeye)

Post 9

Pierre de la Mer ~ sometimes slightly worried but never panicking ~

i'm rooting for germany today since dk is not qualified and some of my genes are german but they are my second choice (an i'm actually only doing it to annoy my colleagues and friends) smiley - biggrin

smiley - pirate

Post 10

Malabarista - now with added pony

smiley - laugh I tend to root for the small African countries in the World Cup...

Or the Dutch, especially when they play against the Portuguese, due to Uni smiley - winkeye

But it's interesting to observe. German patriotism is pretty much taboo - that's why all the flags come out when it's smiley - football time. Recently, I even heard a radio ad for some kind of product in "the trendy fan colours black red and gold..." smiley - headhurts

Post 11

Hati

Not only that I have F1 and smiley - football all over my tv, now it's even here. smiley - rofl F1 was quite good, 12 said. Must have been amusing crashes.

Post 12

Sho - employed again!

I hate F1. My dad is sort of addicted, but he only watches international smiley - football so it wasn't so bad growing up with him. smiley - chef watches anything - he'd be totally glued to Outer Mongolian Snail Racing if there wasn't any other sport on.

Right now I have the Germany-Poland game on in the background. I'll support Germany, but I don't want all that fanatical boasting in the office tomorrow, so I hope Poland win. That's awful, isn't it?

Me? I'm supporting Sweden. Because of Freddie smiley - drool
http://www.bubbahunks.com/wp-content/freddie-ljungberg2.bmp

Post 13

Guh! He's got no *hair*!

Post 14

Hati

I don't like sports at all. And F1 is one of the most horrible things that can happen on tv - it just sounds soooo awful. But 12 (my son) watches it, so I am updated. smiley - winkeye

Post 15

Sho - employed again!

He waxes. He's normally quite hairy.

But who cares? Check the cheekbones, biceps and the six-pack (three things guaranteed to make Sho smiley - drool)...

*dribble*

Post 16

I mean on the top of his head!

Post 17

Sho - employed again!

Ah... you haven't met my smiley - chef yet have you... he gets a 3mm too...

Post 18

Hapi - Hippo #5

smiley - rofl ... oh, bald head ..

* brushes hair *

well, can't have it all smiley - biggrin

and smiley - bigeyes "Outer Mongolian Snail Racing" .. is that on German tv? smiley - bigeyes

Post 19

If your tastes run that way, good for you, Sho smiley - laugh

Post 20

Sho - employed again!

Outer Mongolian Snail Racing has its own Sky Channel - I'm so glad we cancelled Sky. Only 3 more weeks of it and I'm free!

(to watch it on eurosport I guess)

Mala - I have many and varied tastes. Freddie ticks all the boxes this week. Next week? Who knows smiley - drool

Key: Complain about this post