A Conversation for Buying food in Sweden

Flea Market: A443387 - Buying Food in Sweden

Post 1

Mr_Mismatch

A guide to Swedish food. How to buy food in Sweden and how to cook your own Swedish meal. I feel this entry is one of my best and it really tells you what you need to know about how to feed in Sweden.
Check it out
http://www.h2g2.com/A443387

ID: A443387 (Buying Food in Sweden)

Post 2

Crescent

A decent Entry, Mismatch smiley - smiley Seems to cover most of the major questions. However there are a few other things I would like to see. You give some useful phrases, would you be able to put in the phonetic pronunciation? It would be most useful smiley - smiley Oh, the homemade part, more on the recipe and how to cook it would also be good, and the shops - are there plenty of them? are they easy to find? which one is the best? All in all, however, a nice wee Entry. Definate potential, and should have no problems getting into the Edited Guide, any spelling mistakes and GuideML can be sorted by the SubEd smiley - smiley Hope this helps, and until later.....
BCNU - Crescent

Post 3

SchrEck Inc.

A short overview of traditional swedish dishes would also also be handy if you're in a fancy restaurant and you don't have the slightest idea what the stuff in the menu is all about...

Sadly, Mismatch doesn't seem to be active anymore. If so, perhaps some other swedish researcher could pick up the article and resubmit it.

Post 4

iaoth

I'm swedish, and "falukorv och spagetti" sure as heck isn't typical swedish food! I've never eaten it, anyway. On the other hand, my father is from Portugal, so we eat much typically swedish food. I'm certainly not the right researcher for this kind of entry.

Post 5

iaoth

Um, that should read "we DON'T eat much..". smiley - smiley

Post 6

il viaggiatore

I think adding phonetic symbols would be a good idea. By the way, does anybody know where one can download a font of the international phonetic alphabet? I'm a teacher of english as a foreign language and more than once I'd have found it useful... Are there guideML codes for the symbols?

Conversation Moved

Post 7

h2g2 auto-messages

Editorial Note: This Conversation has been moved to the new 'Flea Market' Forum.

This is where we move any Peer Review, Writing Workshop or Alternative Writing Workshop Conversations where the original author has *not* posted to h2g2 for three months. This prevents the active Review Forums from clogging up with dormant entries, but in the Flea Market they can be picked up by others and polished off.

Conversation Moved

Post 8

KB

(Gah! Just posted the message below in the wrong place. You'd think I'd have been around long enough to know better by now...)

This has the potential to be a really interesting and informative entry about Swedish food. There are a few errors in the English though, which I'd be happy to rectify.

I would take this one on, but I really don't know enough about Swedish food, and I feel it could do with a little more about the different foods available.

Conversation Moved

Post 9

Tavaron da Quirm - Arts Editor

In my opinion talking about Kebab and American fast food chains is not the right approach to write about Swedish food. smiley - erm I also think most people will not need a guide on how to use a drive through or order something in a restaurant, and if they do this is not really on topic for this Entry, unless is's drastically different in Sweden than it is anywhere else.

A443387 - Buying Food in Sweden

Post 10

Bluebottle

Agreed - They might as well have included the Swedish Chef from the Muppet Show as a genuine example of Swedish Cuisine...

Someone really writing about Swedish food would be better off starting from scratch.

Straight back to entry.

<BB<

Post 11

Bluebottle

Back to Entry

<BB<

Post 12

h2g2 Guide Editors

This conversation has gone Back to Entry

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more