A Conversation for Buying food in Sweden

Falukorv

Post 1

Kristoffer

(I´ll write in english even though I suspect your´e swedish as well... Common curtesy towards the rest of the guide)
Though I liked your article, I don´t think it´s necessary to badmouth Sweden by writing that falukorv is the most swedish food you can eat. Sweden is a beautiful country whit some great dishes, and anybody who comes to Sweden and tries falukorv will likely get on the next flight out of here, never to return... What I suggest is for visitors to try the famous swedish dish "swedish meatballs". This dish can be bought in some of the fast food places, and in some restaurants. It´s well known throughout the world, it´s cheap, tasty, and it comes in nice little balls... Eat some native swedish meatball with mashed potatoes (potatismos)and lingonberry jam (lingonsylt). If you want to try one of swedens´ most unique concepts, check out the "folköl" (peoples beer). This is a part of a great conspiracy by the government. The folköl conspiracy comes down to one thing: Getting people to drink as much beer as possible, enriching the government. This is done by allowing regular stores to sell only weak beer, and selling the good, strong alcohol such as wine, liquor and stronger beer in special stores called systembolag. These "systembolags" aren´t open at any time when one would like to get drunk, wich means one must plan ahead to get drunk. If the urge to drink some beer would come after six o´clock or on weekends, go to a bar or buy folköl, wich has a percentage of maximum 3,5 %. A sixpack costs around 60 crowns, and beer in pubs are sold for 25-50 crowns, depending on the beer and place. But the "systembolag conspiracy" is actually not as sinister as it sounds. In these stores, which you have to be twenty to buy from, you will find a unmatched range of alcoholic drinks, and a service that is excellent.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more