This is the Message Centre for Polly and Pixie

'Kookoorookoo! Kookoorookoo!' Early birds begin their singing; 'Kikirikee! Kikirikee!' The day, the day, the day is springing.

Post 381

Rikiiboy

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/page/item/b0094yth.shtml?order=aztitle%3Aalphabetical&filter=category%3A100008&scope=iplayercategories&start=1&version_pid=b0094yrk

smiley - cool

'Kookoorookoo! Kookoorookoo!' Early birds begin their singing; 'Kikirikee! Kikirikee!' The day, the day, the day is springing.

Post 382

Polly and Pixie

Rick.................I still haven't downloaded the i-player. smiley - blushsmiley - blushsmiley - blush
I'm so embarrassed to tell you. smiley - cry

But I think that I will!!!!

I've just tried to watch something on You Tube. As I'm only on dial-up, nothing 'flows'. I can't watch You Tube at all(unless I have all day to watch a half hour piece!).

THANK YOU for the link. smiley - kiss

Post 383

Polly and Pixie

Rick, I've stupidly just been re-reading a sad email. So now I'm in floods of tears.......

I'm still not dressed! I think it is time for another cup of tea, and a shower!! Maybe I shall watch a DVD or old video. I watched 'Ghandi' last night/this morning. And 'Message In A Bottle' the other evening.

In case I disappear, you take it easy and have a relaxing day. The rugby is on later. I could watch the Ireland v England match. On at 3'ish I think? It was mentioned on R4 yesterday.

Soup for lunch I think!

smiley - rosesmiley - rose

Post 384

Folderol

Hi there, Poll and Rik!

Come on, Poll, cheer up! smiley - smileysmiley - biggrinsmiley - laugh
If you like rugby, you could see all three games one after the other! But I'm not sure whether you should do that as it's always best to try to get out and about and doing things as much as poss when you're suffering from colds etc. Fresh air is the best medicine, my mum always said - and she lived to 88. And after all, you have such wonderful countryside around you.

Me? I'm catching up with my Parish Council work - I'm Parish Clerk - and trying to fit some new shower screens in the bathroom - but that's held up whilst some necessary re-tiling sets. I've got to nip into town for some bits and pieces and then pour myself a beer and watch one of the matches - the England one it ought to be but I have a feeling that will depress me. smiley - sadface

Any way, spring is around the ocrner - even if we are going to Spain for two weeks on the first day of spring smiley - erm

Hope you have a good day and weekend - we're off to my nephew's for the day tomorrow. smiley - hug

Post 385

Polly and Pixie

Hi Folly.

Now look here Folly-it isn't fair at all that you keep swanning off to Spain. I mean, isn't there room for Rick and me?? smiley - winkeye I need a new passport(have got the forms but keep forgetting to fill them in. They are so complicated).

I didn't get to see any of the rugby. I could only get 3 channels on the box and they were wavy and awful. smiley - sadface I couldn't get any digi-channels either. smiley - grr So, instead, I watched my video of 'Waterloo Bridge' (and shed lots more tears). smiley - wah And then a Bill Oddie RSPB video.

I slept this afternoon for a while. And I managed to finish making lots of cards in readiness for our toddler groups during the week. Yesterday I cut out all the chicken pieces(about 30 X 4 pieces), and all the Easter rabbit pieces( about 30 X 7 pieces)!! Plus about 50 strips of green crepe paper to look like grass! I had to put plasters on my fingers because the scissors were causing blisters! I had scraps of paper all over the bed! And there's probably some still IN the bed!

My throat is so sore that I might not go to church tomorrow. I'll wait and see how I feel.

smiley - hug's to both of you.

Post 386

Polly and Pixie

'Night 'Night dear Rick. I can hear Folly is asleep(he's snoring)!

Hope your cold is getting better.

Polly

XX

Just in case Folly awakens~~~

'Night 'Night Folly!

XX

Post 387

Rikiiboy

Hi Polly,well its Sunday again anethatise that dodgey throat and dash off out I suppose.

The weather here this morning is absolutely dreadful,so I might venture to the paper shop and that'll be it.

Hope you all have a nice day today,I might do a bit in the garden but only if the sun comes out.smiley - tea

Post 388

Polly and Pixie

Hello Rick.

I feel poorly so I'm relaxing indoors with puss. My throat is still horrid.

I've done all the ironing. And have started to defrost the fridge. The sitting room is very tidy. And the kitchen is cleared. smiley - diva

Maybe I shall watch one of my Daily Mail DVD's later(I don't read the Mail. They had a Catherine Cookson DVD offer last week[or week before]). I love curling up on the couch, under a couple of rugs, and watching a weepie! Puss will no doubt recline on top of me. All I need is a bar of chocolate or bag of wine gums. But I've got neither!! smiley - doh

smiley - hug

Post 389

Rikiiboy

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/page/item/b0074t48.shtml?src=ip_potpw
smiley - ok

Post 390

Polly and Pixie

Thank you!! smiley - kiss

I haven't got a lap-top. It means watching it without lying down!! smiley - somersault

Post 391

Rikiiboy

Hi Polly,T can see you getting angry again(sigh)there's a new series on the BBC tonight,its a four parter about the story of Christ,if you reckon the iplayer keeps buffering(streaming)just down load it while you're not using your PC and watch it later.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/religion/programmes/thepassion/video/

Post 392

Polly and Pixie

Hi. smiley - hug

I can't help becoming very frustrated with that man!!

What time is that programme? 9pm?? I could watch it on my wavy television! I can't sit here for much longer. My back is aching so much.

Just enjoying a glass of red wine, and some Kettle crisps.

smiley - kiss

Post 393

Polly and Pixie

Oops~~I think you meant that I was getting angry on the I-spy thread! No I'm not. I was only joking.

It's the other threads that end up in a war zone because.....!

Post 394

Rikiiboy

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/page/item/b009kcs6.shtml?order=aztitle%3Aalphabetical&filter=category%3A100003&scope=iplayercategories&start=2&version_pid=b009kcqd

Post 395

Polly and Pixie

Hello Rick.

I can hardly talk! Groan. Sore throat and tight chest!

Well, things have been so dismal on the MB's today. Take a look at the 'One Pome After Another' thread! And the 'Stand Alone Limericks' thread. What a mess. Now I'm not mentioning any names~~~but there seems to be (there definitely is) a common denominator wherever there is unrest and malcontentment!

I expect that you are very glad to have been away from the Misery-Boards today! 'Cos that is what they have become. I think we shall make radio4 news very soon~when the MB falls apart(it's on it's way to falling apart now!):

"Radio 4 seems to be having problems on it's message-boards. There is in-house fighting, and skirmishes arise each day. The ombudsman is taking a dim view of things, and further problems are expected"!!

Argh~~~pass me the wine!

smiley - smileysmiley - smiley

Post 396

Rikiiboy

Hi Polly,I 've had a couple of doses of my medication today,no booze for a whole week(gulp!)that's 168 hrssmiley - wah

Sorry to hear the cold has still got the better of you my cold has finaly dried up but I still have a fuzzy headsmiley - erm

Hope tomorrows a better daysmiley - hug

Post 397

Bothenhampton

My dear friends Polly and Rikki, I feel so guilty. Here am I 'hale and hearty, fit and f@rty' as my great uncle Albert used to say - whilst you two poor things suffer. Now, the next thing you should try if it is really bad throats, is Listerine, gargled NEAT. It will strip the skin off your tonsils but my lady wife Jan swears by it. I'm afraid I seldom suffer from bad throats and I always put that down to having had my tonsils and adenoids 'done' when I was a lad - hardly ever get colds eithera and if I do they last for just a few hours - I never succumb to 'man colds'.

Now, all that porbably makes you feel worse, but I really am telling you so you know there is light at the end of the tunnel - although we mustn't waste energy nowadays so the light may have been switched off!

I do wish you both well - Polly - a hotty, a hot toddy, some Listerine, and radio 3 through the night and when you get up in the night, have another swig of a hot toddy.
Rikki - it sounds as if you may be over the worst of it, so Dr Folderol prescribes plenty of fresh air tomorrow and no all night working - humans aren't meant to be nocturnal - leave that to bats and badgers.

Post 398

Polly and Pixie

Hi Rick and Bothenhampton.

I haven't bothered with the MB for the last few hours 'cos I'm getting sick of them. Today W4aT had a go at me. After all the rubbish that has been thrown at me by we-know-who, I couldn't take it quietly any more. So I said my bit, only to incur the wrath of W4aT.

I felt like telling everyone where to go tonight! But I didn't.

I'm only here now to say 'Goodnight' to both of you.

Thanks for always being such lovely friends.

Sleep well both of you. Not together of-course! smiley - erm

I hope I get to sleep soon. I slept until mid-day today!! Awful, isn't it.

Love from me

xxxx

Post 399

Folderol

Polly - knowing your Christian faith, I must ask - did you hear Thought for the Day this morning? Dear old Tom Butler was magical and so listenable. If only everyone would listen and believe!

To paraphrase Clinton's words - It's the message, stupid! Or to paraphrase Blair's words - Resurrection, Resurrection, Resurrection.

If you missed it, I think you can get it on Listen Again

Post 400

Rikiiboy

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/podcasts/thought/
smiley - erm

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Polly and Pixie

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more