This is the Message Centre for HVS

Join The Team!

Post 61

HVS

Thanks Amy! I love them! Pegasus, maybe you could figure out how to link to them from our page and do that for me? I'm not completely sure off the top of my head and I have a really really busy week ahead. As a matter of fact I better hurry up and get ready for the Animal Rights group I was telling you about. It's World Farm Animal Day so we're "protesting" (really just an info table not an active protest) unnessecary cruelty in the meat industry. HVS Field Trip! smiley - winkeye Anyway, that reminds me, King Wolf, somewhere I have a link to some info on diet affecting the environment (myself being a dedicated environmentalists especially in the area of wolves! btw check out www.defenders.org for an awesome wolf advocate group that I'm a member of) anyway yeah I think it's on the "How to Win an Argument With a Meat Eater" site (no offense, it's not my site!) that is linked from our page, let me know if you find it. Sorry about the rant.

Thanks again Amy! Those rock!

-Z (Flash, flash, I love you! But we only have 14 hours to save the Earth!)

Join The Team!

Post 62

HVS

Er, National Farm Animal Day (unofficial) the nation being mine, the (not all that) good (not so) old US of A. That's right. For those of you who don't know, I'm an American. Deal with it. smiley - winkeye

-Z

Join The Team!

Post 63

BluesSlider

Can I put my vote for the top logo of the three, although all three are great. And how can I get it on my page smiley - smiley?

Join The Team!

Post 64

Amy the Ant - High Manzanilla of the Church of the Stuffed Olive

I was expecting the HVS to choose one. But you can have all four designs if you want to. smiley - smiley

To get the URL of an image, right click on it (or hold the mouse down on the image if you're using a mac).

Alternatively view the page as http://www.h2g2.com/test441758 and lift the relevant code using select, copy and paste.

Amy

Join The Team!

Post 65

HVS

We'll get them up soon, but I'm not that great with code, so I might have to wait until Pegasus comes along and does it for me. Meanwhile, thanks again, and I really do like them quite a bit.

-Z

Join The Team!

Post 66

$u$

I'll put the code up on a separate page and link to it, so members can cut and paste it straight into their own pages. Is it okay to link straight from your site, where the images are stored Amy?

But I can't do it tonight, cause I'm totally shattered. But soon...smiley - winkeye

~A~

Join The Team!

Post 67

Amy the Ant - High Manzanilla of the Church of the Stuffed Olive

Yes, fine, go ahead. I'll put a link to my Test page code on the page.

Join The Team!

Post 68

$u$

Thanks. You're a very fine ant indeed.smiley - smiley

~A~

Join The Team!

Post 69

HVS

Hi everyone! I thought I should mention this here, since it happened in a different thread. Our 42nd member has arrived! Everyone give a big welcome to Vegidolphin! To commemorate this occasion, I have opened the HVS Virtual Vegetarian Restaurant, a place for hosting recipes and socializing. Check it out at http://www.h2g2.com/A401509 and be sure to stop in the party room while you're there! I would love to get a big party thread going. Once again, congratulations vegidolphin, and congratulations everyone on helping the Society to grow so quickly. Who knows? Maybe someday we'll be celebrating our 420th member!

-Zarquon

Join The Team!

Post 70

Afrael (keeper of angelic guidance)

Hey!

Sign me up, please, veggie for 15 years and *still* having to answer the question "Well, what do you eat, then..."

*mimes strangling self*

Ta

A

Join The Team!

Post 71

HVS

But of course! Welcome aboard Afrael! You just missed being #42, but you are our first member whose name starts with an "A". That is rather odd, now that I mention it.

-Z

Join The Team!

Post 72

Curator Chick [Ivy of Xanth in the Magic Forest RPG] (Muse of Interdisciplinary Inquiry and Keeper of Museums) Join the SE US Gr

I want to join! I'm a lacto-ovo from columbia sc! --kathy

Join The Team!

Post 73

HVS

You have been added. Welcome to the HVS, Kathy!
-Z

Join The Team!

Post 74

Simon the Frog (Ribbit)

I also discovered this through the who's online list.

I'm a vegan and would love to join in the festivities! Thanks smiley - smiley

Join The Team!

Post 75

HVS

OK Simon, you're on the list! Welcome to the h2g2 Vegetarian Society! You may find this is one place where it IS easy being green smiley - winkeye

-Z

Join The Team!

Post 76

Freedom

Can I join please? I've not been a vegetarian for very long, but I'm definitely going to remain one.

Join The Team!

Post 77

HVS

Of all the great associations I could have made with your name, Freedom, and the first thing that came to mind was that annoying Alltell commercial! Grrr! OK, I guess the non-Americans have no clue what I'm talking about, but believe me, you're better off that way!

Annnnnnnyhow....

Welcome to the H2G2 Vegetarian Society! You say you haven't been a veg very long, so maybe you can learn some things here! Remember, if anyone has any questions on anything relating to vegetarianism don't hesitate to ask! With over 42 members from almost all walks of life, chances are someone here will know the answer!

-Z

Join The Team!

Post 78

MaP

Hi there!

I want to join too.
I am veggie for half an year now and I really like it...smiley - winkeye

Bye,
MaP

Join The Team!

Post 79

$u$

Hi there MaP. We'd be delighted to welcome you to the society.smiley - biggrin

I will add your name to the members list shortly.

Welcome to the wonderful world of Life, the Universe, and Vegetarianism.smiley - winkeye

~A~

Join The Team!

Post 80

DoW

yes, definetly, that's what i want smiley - cat

Key: Complain about this post