The H2G2 Vegetarian Society
Welcome to the official homepage of the H2G2 Vegetarian Society (HVS).
This is the place for vegetarians of all sorts to discuss issues and find resources concerning vegetarianism, and to meet other like-minded researchers. The only requirement for official membership is that you are a vegetarian/vegan, or you are seriously considering becoming one1. Members will receive a link to their homepage, and there is no obligation to contribute in any particular way2. It is suggested you subscribe to this page, to be kept up-to-date with what's happening in HVS.
The HVS homepage has now been fully updated. We hope you like the new navigation bar at the top, and find this page easier to navigate. If you have any comments or suggestions, please post them below.
If you would like to join, please use the signup thread below - it's very hard to keep up with new requests sometimes when there are lots of other threads!
If you're a vegetarian, vegan or are thinking of becoming animal-friendly and would like to join the society, please contact us by one of the methods listed below.
Member of the Month
We are hoping to relaunch the Member of the Month feature again soon. This is an opportunity for our members to get to know each other a little better, and see what else they have in common. All that is required is to answer a few simple questions4, in as much detail as you choose. If you would like to be one of our first interviewees, please mail us.
News and Events
Topical news items will be posted here. If anyone would be interested in taking on the post of News Scout to keep an eye on the press and Net for items that would interest our members, please let us know below, or mail us. Thanks.
You can still view previous news items by following the link.
The HVS Virtual Vegetarian Restaurant is the place to find veggie recipes, tuck into a virtual meal or throw a party!
- Being Vegetarian -- A Beginner's Guide
- Great Vegetarian Dishes - a collaborative entry by the h2g2 community.
- Vegetarian Restaurants in Burlington, Vermont, USA
- The International Vegetarian Union - One of the world's oldest and largest organisations dedicated to promoting vegetarianism.
- GoVeg.com - Vegetarian and vegan information resource, sponsored by PeTA.
- The Vegetarian Society of the United Kingdom - The UK's premiere vegetarian organisation.
- Ms Veggie's Gazebo Garden - Quotes from famous vegetarians including Mahatma Gandhi, Leonardo DaVinci, Albert Einstein, Linda McCartney, and more.
- Vegan Village - An excellent website for vegans. Includes links to hard-to-find animal product-free products, such as shoes, perfume, etc.
- The Vegetarian Resource Group - Vegetarian recipes, books, and much more.
- Vegetarian Shoes - A great range of alternatives to animal products.
- VegSource - Another great resource for vegetarians. Includes news items.
- Vegweb - Lots of recipes here. Also a neat Q&A feature and some other things as well.
- Veg Cooking - Vegetarian cooking made easy!
- Fatfree.com - Fat-free vegetarian recipes.
- Vegetarian Times - Vegetarian cooking, health and lifestyle information.
- VeganRecipes.com - This site features a free vegan recipe mailing list and some interesting links.
Keeping In Touch
Please post any topics of interest, questions, or even general chat in the forums below, and on our linked pages. We would particularly welcome links to related Web pages, whether on h2g2, BBCi or elsewhere on the Internet.
HVS is currently run by U194479. You may contact us by posting to any HVS forums, or dropping by our personal spaces.
You can also e-mail us at [email protected].
How You Can Help
HVS is run by its members for its members. Your input is always welcome. Please keep us informed of any topical conversations and entries you find here on h2g2, and let us know of any other relevant vegetarian news items, events and Websites.
Please link to us from your Personal Space5, and mention HVS to any other vegetarians you meet on h2g2 or the Net. Thank you!
We encourage people to discuss anything vegetarian related in the threads, and we will occasionally prompt a specific discussion.
Page last updated: 3 February 2007
|Messages left for this Researcher||Posted|
|Watercress||Oct 22, 2010|
|Beetroot greens||Oct 24, 2009|
|Warm weather recipes||Jun 8, 2009|
|A personal favorite!||Dec 5, 2008|
|Dairy free Brownies?||Nov 29, 2008|
|Conversation Title||Latest Post||Latest Reply|
|Watercress||No Posting||Oct 22, 2010|
|Beetroot greens||No Posting||Oct 24, 2009|
|SPLODGE: the ultimate comfort food||No Posting||Aug 24, 2009|
|Warm weather recipes||No Posting||Jun 8, 2009|
|A personal favorite!||No Posting||Dec 5, 2008|
This user has no Entry subscriptions
Most Recent Edited Entries
- This user has not written any Edited Entries.
h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of Not Panicking Ltd. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.
"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."
HVS has no Friends
This user has no Bookmarks