This is the Message Centre for HVS

Party Time

Post 1

Vic

I've set out the peanuts and those little cheese and pineapple squares on sticks, Drinks are all cooling in the fridge so feel free to help yourself. now all i need are some guests, feel free to drop into my party ... what am i celebrating? joining the vegetarian society of course. I have to warn you though there's a fancy dress compotition running and there's a pretty hefty prize of ... er...well lets just say it's a suprise eh!

switches on the music, glances once more at my costume in the mirror and opens the door...

Party Time

Post 2

$u$

smiley - wowWoohoo! A party!smiley - bubbly

Just need to invite a few guests now. Think I might smiley - run and make some carrot smiley - cake too. Need a smiley - cake to celebrate properly.smiley - smiley

*raises a glass to NLDohs* Welcome to HVS!smiley - biggrin

Party Time

Post 3

Vic

Cheers!

I'm glad someone else is here, i've just been drinking smiley - bubbly by myself *hic* now other people will be here to drink with me, ahhh.

So what's your costume? It took a while for me to decide on my but once i put in a little effort...

I made the parrot myself smiley - biggrin

Party Time

Post 4

Cakewalker

*wonders in dressed as a cirrus cloud* Mmm... smiley - cakesmiley - smiley

At the fear of dampening everything, might I suggest just a moment of reflection sometime in the proceedings (preferably before everyone gets drunk)? Though admittedly I went to a party IRL on Friday (which had been organised a long time in advance - the opening party of a building I was involved in the design and construction of) and I don't recall much reflection there...

Party Time

Post 5

Yeliab {h2g2as}

*saunters in dressed as a carrot, realises that theres carrot cake on offer and so Pegasus may get ideas about making some more. Rushes out*

*returns dresses as a tin of lovely plum tomatoes (value ones as I am a student)*

Now please no one get any ideas of making a nice tomatoe and basil sacuce for some pasta. I'm not edible.

Hay thanks for the invitation, though I haven't arrived too fasionably late. Could I possibly have a smiley - bubbly and a grape on a stick?

*starts to jig to the music. Lucily for you, you can't see due to the enormous can of tomatoes outfit*

Party Time

Post 6

Vic

Help yourself, the smiley - alesmiley - bubbly's are over there in the corner and there's beer in the fridge ... careful you don't knock over the five foot trifle on the way. I've also set up a fountain in the garden which pours out whiskey... mmm (hey anythings possible allright!)smiley - cheers

How about some trashy party music? Any suggestions? We could always start by playing Roxanne smiley - winkeye

Party Time

Post 7

Gwennie

*The door flies open and a stack of crates, labelled "Organic Cider" appears sporting a pair of legs at the bottom*

Yoohoo! smiley - cool I've arrived! Hello? Can someone take these crates before I drop them please? smiley - erm

*Starts to stagger as she holds back a sneeze*

Atishoo!! smiley - yikessmiley - online2long

*The crates crash to the floor, several bottles shatter and cider oozes out around Gwennie's feet*

Ooops! smiley - blush Does anyone have a mop? smiley - bigeyes

Party Time

Post 8

Pierre de la Mer ~ sometimes slightly worried but never panicking ~

*enters, sporting a Maggie Thatcher outfit, mops and mows at Gwennie and accepts smiley - bubbly from NLDoHS in return for a smiley - smooch*

Hi everybody! smiley - biggrin

smiley - pirate

Party Time

Post 9

Vic

Hi there, smiley - smooch i'm glad you could all come. I'd like to propose a toast to being a vegetarian and i hope everyone will still be one for many many years in the future smiley - cheers

Party Time

Post 10

GreeboTCat

~Greebo cruises the buffet table looking for her fav. food~

Hello everyone...

Party Time

Post 11

Ioreth (on hiatus)

*is in the corner whipping up a batch of chocolate soy milk, her all-time favorite drink*

To being a veggie!

Party Time

Post 12

Gwennie

*Treads on Pierce's toes and shoves the broom handle somewhere up his Maggie T. skirt*

And I suppose that mop will be squeezed out and added to the contents of the vat that passes for your stomach Pierce! smiley - tongueout

*Spies Greebo and tosses her a smiley - donut*

Hey Greebs! Catch! smiley - biggrin

*Pours herself a smiley - ale of cider, which she hold high for a toast*

smiley - cheers to us veggies and many thanks to NLD for inviting us all! smiley - angel

Party Time

Post 13

Researcher 168963

*wanders in dressed as a vampire*

Hi. I agree, thanks to NLD.

*looks around for something to attack, then settles on red wine, which is at least the right colour.*

Party Time

Post 14

Ioreth (on hiatus)

*jumps up and down waving her hands and saying "safnoijflk! vrmeioqutn! sukycbusdhjk!" to see if anyone will notice*

Party Time

Post 15

Cakewalker

*notices and goes to look for a Polish-English dictionary*

Party Time

Post 16

Yeliab {h2g2as}

*Pours a cider and raises galss aloft*
smiley - cheers to being a veggie, may out lives be healthy and out friends be the many animals that we do not eat!

Party Time

Post 17

vogonpoet (AViators at A13264670)

*strange aparition walks in with case of Golden Promise bottles (Caledonian breweries best real smiley - ale, incidentally organic) on shoulder*

Did someone mention a party? Do I have houmous or humus or who moose?

Oh look, I believe I do smiley - smiley

*sets down much loved and much spelt houmous on table, with bread and various fresh vegetables for dipping...*

Party Time

Post 18

Yeliab {h2g2as}

What is the aformentioned humouse (I really shouldn't have attempted the spelling of that, not in my state)?

Party Time

Post 19

Zarniroop (er.... I'll think of something amusing to put here soon!)

*sneaks in quitely and grabs a cider*

*Waltzs around the room a few times to see if his disguise is working*

Hi Everyone,
I've come as the invisible man!

Cud anyone tell?

Z.

Party Time

Post 20

vogonpoet (AViators at A13264670)

Darnit Zarniroop, there was me thinking you were an invisible slice of lemon... a cunning disguise indeed.

What is houmous? Perhaps I should reveal the fact that I have come dressed as a chickpea... no, then they will want to pureƩ me and add garlic, olive oil and lemon to me when the houmous I brought im at the start runs out.... smiley - yikes

Key: Complain about this post