This is the Message Centre for ringo (it's not all right)

kate!!! Primary

Post 421

Ottox

smiley - winkeye

kate!!! Primary

Post 422

Bassman - Funny how people never ceases to amaze me!

ringo

U2 Songs I like:

New Year's Day, Sunday Bloody Sunday, I still haven't found what I'm looking for. That's about it.

My song for today is "Breakfast in America" by Supertramp. I'd not heard it for ages and found the album (yes black vinyl) secreted down the side of our HiFi stand today. Put it on good and loud. There are some days I just love living in a detached house smiley - biggrin

Bassman smiley - cool

kate!!! Primary

Post 423

Ottox

He he...
I listened to Supertramp yesterday! smiley - winkeye The 'Crime of the Century' album...
Right now I'm celebrating Kasias birthday by listening to Sades 'Diamond Life'. smiley - biggrin

Both vinyl! smiley - winkeye

kate!!! Primary

Post 424

Siggi

I'll put on the Stones' stage entering song "Start me up", also in vinyl, of course!
I definitely feel like this today: got back to work, to h2g2, some kind officers seem to have put me back on stage as well in a injustly lost though case...

kate!!! Primary

Post 425

You can call me TC

Siggi!

Long time no see!

Did you have a nice Christmas etc?

kate!!! Primary

Post 426

ringo (it's not all right)

welcome back, Siggi smiley - biggrin

just listening to 'Green Onions' by Booker T & the MG's, my favourite for this evening. I got this track on cd, not on black vinyl - but i have huge loudspeakers; the most beautifil furniture in my flat. And they're black, too smiley - tongueout

Removed

Post 427

Line Walker - Keeper Of Negativity

This post has been removed.

Moving Away From Kate...

Post 428

james

before we move to far away,i wonder if kate has been invited to join in as a researcher for the earth edition of h2g2?lets see what was that link?see kate naked? must go do a search.my song for today.....crazy fingers/drums hunter/garcia

h2g2 hifi club

Post 429

james

entry id,A411977

h2g2 hifi club

Post 430

just listened to some Pretenders songs in the car, smiley - biggrin

Chrissie Hynde has always been something very unique in the pop scene
-my song for today: 'watching the clothes (go out) - the Pretenders
smiley - smiley

Chrissie Hynde

Post 431

ringo,

Did you see the episode of Friends that had Chrissie Hynde taking over Phoebe's slot in Central Perk. Phoebe asked how many chords she knew - Chrissie's answer was - "All of them".

In the early days, it was proposed that Chrissie Hynde would sing for The Stranglers!!

Bassman smiley - cool

Chrissie Hynde

Post 432

james

saw her perform while she was with child,cant seem to remember who esle was on the ticket

Chrissie Hynde

Post 433

Chrissie Hynde at Friends

This is one of the very few times where i regret that i don't have TV anymore.
Bassman, Chrissie Hynde singing 'no more heroes' seems quite interesting to me smiley - biggrin

I'm a bit nostalgic at the mo, my song for today is INXS' 'kiss the dirt'. I really loved INXS in the 80's smiley - smiley

Big Country

Post 434

I tell you what is more interesting - Bassman singing No More Heroes. Now there's a thing, I'm no singer, but it always goes down great. And to think that it "wasn't the kind of song" our band did traditionally, and it would get dropped soon after we started with it. Well, it's been in the set for two years now and isn't going anywhere.

Got a song for the day, "Chance" by Big Country. Saw them supporting at Queen's penultimate gig at Knebworth in 1986. What a fantastic day. Stuart Adamson was really taken back by the support they got from the crowd, that the band didn't percieve was their audience.

Bassman smiley - cool

Big Country

Post 435

in a big country
dreams stay with you
like a lover's voice
fires the mountain side
SHA!!

Does Big Country still exist? It's ages ago since i've heard the last time from them but still love their old records (those are black vinyl smiley - winkeye
My song for today is another jewel of the eighties;
'Dance Hall Days' by Wang Chung

Key: Complain about this post