A Conversation for Condoms

The Condom Conundrum

Post 21

Cheerful Dragon

Richard and I are just off for a two-week holiday. 10 nights cruising the Nile and Lake Nasser, 4 nights in Cairo. Richard has packed a couple of dozen condoms. Hope we don't rock the cruise boats too much!smiley - bigeyes

The Condom Conundrum

Post 22

Cheerful Dragon

PS One from the 'Does anybody know a good joke' forum on 'Ask h2g2':

Q. What's the difference between a car tyre (tire) and 365 used condoms?
A. One's a good year, the other's a bloody great year!smiley - bigeyes

S'cuse me

Post 23

Fred Quint

The major source of condoms in Australia would have to be eye level shelves in super-markets, followed by service stations and 7-Eleven stores.

Are attitudes in England (and the U.S.A.) really so much more conservative?

S'cuse me

Post 24

Cheerful Dragon

I don't think we're that conservative in the UK about condoms. They're widely available and displayed in plain sight. You no longer have the embarassment of going up to a chemist and asking for them, you just pick a pack of the counter and pay for them. Condoms are available in all high-street chemists and in some supermarkets (usually the ones that have in-store pharmacies, don't ask why). Vending machines are also fairly widespread. I've not seen them at service stationsm, but then I haven't looked.

I don't know what the situation is in the US, though. It may vary from state to state.

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more