A Conversation for L'hotel Chrome

The Employment Centre

Post 1

Chrome101

Like to work here? Great!
We need a doorman, a cabaret singer, a cook, a receptionist ... I could go on! smiley - winkeye

The Employment Centre

Post 2

Afgncaap5

Do I have the house detective job?

The Employment Centre

Post 3

Chrome101

Yep. You will be on the Staff roster ASAP. smiley - smiley

The Employment Centre

Post 4

Kasia, P.S. of Syncopation,Muse of Classic Goo Fans, Keeper of Rainbows, Zaphodista (visit Crossed Purposes Pub: A429310)

Hi Chrome101,

may I work here?

I would like to be a receptionist at the Check-in Desk. Is it okay?

The Employment Centre

Post 5

Lintilla

Wandered in here after your clothing order in the space center. Its a nice little place you got. Who works the bar?smiley - smiley

The Employment Centre

Post 6

Chrome101

*to Lintilla* Affy's lent me a CLI BarBot. it does the job, but it lacks the "human touch". *no-one laughs*

*to Kasia* Of course you can be receptionist. You know where the Check-In Desk is, don't you?

The Employment Centre

Post 7

Kasia, P.S. of Syncopation,Muse of Classic Goo Fans, Keeper of Rainbows, Zaphodista (visit Crossed Purposes Pub: A429310)

Thanks chrome101.

I'm on my way!

The Employment Centre

Post 8

Lintilla

Ummm, I'm not sure if this is the right pace to ask but it will have to do.

I've been looking aroung h2g2 for a bit, trying to find just the right place to set up an H2G2 telegraph station (for researchers who find themselves stranded in a past time, where the people give you a strange look and put on strands of garlic when you ask for a computer, or the global internet.) I think your hotel would be an ideal place to set up a station. And with your permission, i would like to run a wire from it.
Thank you!
-Lintilla (certified telegraph operator)

The Employment Centre

Post 9

Chrome101

Ummm, how would this work?
I mean, would you be on the staff roster, or would the hotel be "affiliated" with your telegraph operation? I haven't had much experince with them before, but as the entire hotel is (I think) set in the late 1920s, I see no reason to object.

The Employment Centre

Post 10

Lintilla

Great.
Any way you would like to set it up would be fine. If I could get a little corner room somewhere (perhaps on the first floor?) i can set up there. If you like we could be partners (ie owner and manager), or we could be affiliated, in which case I would be happy to pay a rent on the room.

The Employment Centre

Post 11

Chrome101

Well, feel free to set up a "Telegram Office" thread then. In this case you don't have to book at the desk, as it will be on an indefinite lease.
I'd like to be partner in this venture. Go ahead!

The Employment Centre

Post 12

Lintilla

Thanks Chrome!

The Employment Centre

Post 13

Lintilla

I'm away most weekends in the summer, running a telegraph station in RL. So I hope you don't mind that I offered to take Ændr up on her offer and take her on as an assistant telegrapher. This being your esbablishment, the final say is, of course, entirely up to you.smiley - smiley
-Lintilla

The Employment Centre

Post 14

Chrome101

That's fine! Ændr can be on the staff list as well.

Announcement

Post 15

Chrome101

Unfortunately, I will be going on holiday on the 11th of August.
Yep, I will be absent from h2g2 for two to three weeks. smiley - sadface

This means that someone will have to take over the day-today running of the hotel while I'm away. Any takers?

Announcement

Post 16

Lintilla

I would love to Chrome, but unfortunately I will be gone much of that time as wellsmiley - sadface I'm sorry.

Key: Complain about this post