A Conversation for the h2g2 Space-Farer's Cantina

The Hangers

Post 1

njan (afh)

Craft of every origin are here, whether in the public bays or the private bays (Which are available to hire for a small fee. Apply Below). You get the feeling that it wouldn't be a good idea to go too near any of them, especially bearing in mind what looks like a type xm-42 particle cannon rigged up as a security system on that one over there...

The Hangers

Post 2

Yowuzupman- New Top Speed 122 (thats mph you metric fools)

[Radio transmission w/o visual]This is Yowuzupman, I am requesting a private hanger, perferably without a security system, I'll take care of that my self.

The Hangers

Post 3

njan (afh)

[a holomatrix projected from somewhere in the hanger appears in the bridge of the corvette. It is Njan, appearing much cleaned up than his presence in the armoury, but still dressed all in black]..

Hello, welcome to the cantina. We have an extensive range of private hangers, all catering to different expectations, and - dare I say it - budgets. One of our more secure models would be what you're looking for, I believe (he says, looking over the ship's schematics, which have - by now - been mapped by the cantina's resident multi-phase layer laser trace platforms).

Most of the hangers have neural network-based security networks installed, but what I could do would be to remove all of the armament, and connect the network via whichever networking protocol you prefer to your ship's computer... that way, you can install your own security measures, leave them installed, and control it via your ship whenever it's within range. The hanger I have in mind is approximately 175 metres deep, by 75 high and 125 wide. There are some plasma burns on the walls. but it's all cosmetic. The hanger door opens straight outside, and there's a door and a turbolift directly to the cantina's reception area.

The Hangers

Post 4

Sounds like it will accomidate me, how many power cuplings does this hanger have and how strong are the doors?

The Hangers

Post 5

njan (afh)

It's got the standard 45s capital-recharge type there, with a variable positronic energy flow control, so it won't fry your corvette when it tries to output to a capital ship. Other than that, there are some phaser rifle recharge points over there, there's a channel to the central plasma duct over there, and a shaver socket on that wall there. smiley - smiley

The doors are made of Decarium-reinforced titanium, surrounded by a layer of positronically ionized deuterium-coated ronarium. They have a strength 10-mjw forcefield powered by the central power core as default, and an inbuilt pony-energy tank, which will hold the doors with a variable strength (default 12-mjw, 34-speed uptronic forceshield with an inverse polarity strength of 25piesas) that'll last from 5 to 50 minutes dependant on factors. We have some more equipment we could install (at a fee).. but that should be enough to hold off a small (or even a large) army.

The Hangers

Post 6

I think it'll do....

The Hangers

Post 7

njan (afh)

*Njan walks in through the main non-cargo door, his body shimmering in a blue haze of energy as he transcends matter and then regains his original physical state*

How do you like it?

The Hangers

Post 8

Peter aka Krans

*Krans materializes (cue sparkly effects)*

It also costs. A lot. But it's not ridiculously expensive.

(smiling) It's a nice ship you've got there. Can I have a look around?

The Hangers

Post 9

good,

Lt. take this man whereever he wishes to go minus the CM stations

The Hangers

Post 10

njan (afh)

*materialises inside one of the CM stations, and looks around*... *thinks to himself that they're not really /that/ interesting, and then goes back to his office*

The Hangers

Post 11

[OOC] Conitinuity?

The Hangers

Post 12

njan (afh)

[ooc] What?

The Hangers

Post 13

Peter aka Krans

*Leaves a note attached to the dorsal turbolaser pointing out the fact its primary plasma denodalising chamber really needs a servicing, now, before it blows up in someone's face, no s**t.*

*Disappears again (cue sparkly effects)*

The Hangers

Post 14

Peter aka Krans

(Don't worry, Njan is just w-, sorry, pranking) smiley - winkeye

The Hangers

Post 15

k

The Hangers

Post 16

njan (afh)

No, actually he was inspecting the incredibly expensive alcohol in the pubs around Durham uni. :p

The Hangers

Post 17

Peter aka Krans

Minutely, no doubt. smiley - tongueout

The Hangers

Post 18

njan (afh)

But of course. These things bear doing thoroughly.

The Hangers

Post 19

njan (afh)

But of course. These things bear doing thoroughly.

The Hangers

Post 20

Peter aka Krans

My thinking exactly.

Key: Complain about this post