A Conversation for the h2g2 Space-Farer's Cantina

The Hangers

Post 41

Captain Venom: (Making his triumphant return to H2G2!) Proud Keeper of ...

'cuze me, it should read "armory workshop"


The Hangers

Post 42

Peter aka Krans

'Scuse me, it shouldn't. I speak English. It's "armoury". I run one in real life, okay? I should know how it's spelt. smiley - ok


The Hangers

Post 43

Peter aka Krans

Ooops, sorry, I thought you were complaining about my spelling.

*Complains about being transported in such an undignified manner*


The Hangers

Post 44

Captain Venom: (Making his triumphant return to H2G2!) Proud Keeper of ...

OK, how 'bout this *to apologize for tractoring Krans, he invites him aboard for a large lunch and moderately-priced domestic non-vintage champagne.* (And BTW, I'm not criticizing your spelling. To each his own, I just refuse to compromise my naitonality by adding the extra "u")


The Hangers

Post 45

Peter aka Krans

mmmm.... lecker. smiley - winkeye


The Hangers

Post 46

Captain Venom: (Making his triumphant return to H2G2!) Proud Keeper of ...

*after a brief shot of Sober-all(tm), he goes out and starts looking at the shuttle* Well, first of all you're gonna need a hyperdrive, and maybe you'll want to upgrade that old ionic engine into somthing using anitmatter.


The Hangers

Post 47

Peter aka Krans

Nah, I'm just going to stick with the ion drive. It's more efficient. Not as powerful, I know, but cheaper and more efficient. Which is what's important with a shuttle.

*Gets out a screw driver and prises off the engine inspection hatch*


The Hangers

Post 48

Captain Venom: (Making his triumphant return to H2G2!) Proud Keeper of ...

But you will want to get that rat out of there for sure. Shoo! Shoo! *the rat runs off and Venom climbs into the hatch, looking for some place to install a hyperdrive*


The Hangers

Post 49

Peter aka Krans

*looks up at gathering cloud*

I think we'd better... move inside.

Let's go to the armoury.

*Couples up a pre-spaceage tractor to the bits of ship and tows them indoors with much screeching of metal and crunching of bits*


The Hangers

Post 50

Captain Venom: (Making his triumphant return to H2G2!) Proud Keeper of ...

*various clanking noises eminate from the interior as Venom tries to find an air pocket in a forest of diesel fumes*


The Hangers

Post 51

Found

*Greg walks into the hangar area which has now been derelict for over a year.

He walks out again but reappears a moment later dragging some very large cases.

The next few minutes are taken up with the unpacking and setting up of three PC's connected to a large internet server and a sattelite communications system.

He then wires the server into the hanger's already present security systems.

Then, from another case, Greg takes a sentry gun, he sets it off and then wanders off down a corridor with it, reappearing a couple of minutes later looking very pleased with himself smiley - smiley*

smiley - whistle

Okay that's about it.


The Hangers

Post 52

Just Justin... (ACE)

*Walks into almost (but not quite entirely) derilict hanger* smiley - whistle

Yes, you called?

J.J


The Hangers

Post 53

Found

ah, hello smiley - ok

right. Shall we go get collect some bounties then?


The Hangers

Post 54

Robert Wall [Undead]

*'ports in*

Can I watch? I've never collected bounties before. My kind of jobs involved taking targets dead smiley - smiley


The Hangers

Post 55

Found

OK smiley - ok what did you do before?

Oh wait a minute

*Greg gets another, smaller box out of one of the cases, undoes a catch on it and the box unfolds into a dome-shaped mesh. Greg takes a lead from the server to the appliance and plugs it in*

Alright, thay's the teleporting inhibitor online smiley - smiley

Who are we going after first then? Any ideas?

smiley - chef


The Hangers

Post 56

Robert Wall [Undead]

Sniping, which isn't the most useful thing to do in a bounty mission.

Dunno: you're the expert :D


The Hangers

Post 57

Found

OOOH! sniper! so we insert you to a nearby towerblock so you can shoot anything that moves that isn't worth anything! smiley - ok

I'm trying to make a deal with Super-Heros to see if we can get a price on key members of STUMPED.

Possible targets include:

Red Fox (U179935)
NYC (U132663)
Yo (U150489)
Sea (U139689)
Corrupt & Kudos (U150500)

Better get your kit ready.

smiley - chef


The Hangers

Post 58

Found

*goes over to one of the PC's and starts hacking...*

...there you go take a look at that (F110854?thread=238747) that's what our targets are like.

smiley - chef


The Hangers

Post 59

Robert Wall [Undead]

Do you have any of the Merc's gelsuits left?

*pulls out a Psion 3, keys in one of his old access codes and appropriates a Destinatas laser rifle, a pistol, a camo net, some flashbangs, NV goggles, etc*

*walks to the nearest access chute and gets one of the transports to head on down to the armoury and pick that lot up*

Any idea what sort of environment we'll be in?


The Hangers

Post 60

Just Justin... (ACE)

Ooh! Sniping! that's good with me!
Do you think this Magnetorifle will do for the job?
I've got a bit of other equipment as well...

J.J


Key: Complain about this post