A Conversation for Mobile Phones

Using Mobile Phones

Post 21

FairlyStrange

The next "phone jockey" who almost runs over me with their car whilst yammering on one of those blasted contraptions, is gonna' learn the definition of "road rage"!(there.... I've said it. I feel better....I don't look any better, but I DO feel better)smiley - smiley

Using Mobile Phones

Post 22

Johnbo

Mobile phones have another major design fault - given that you program in a list of all your friend's phone numbers, it is very easy for one of the buttons to get pressed unintentionally, and you can end up broadcasting your private dealings onto someone else's answering machine. So far I have received garbled drunken nonsense, dreadful singing, general conversations about nothing much, but it's only a matter of time before I get to overhear something I shouldn't. I imagine the greatest misadventure you could have with this would be to slag someone off right onto their answering machine without knowing it! I wonder if that has happened to anyone?

Using Mobile Phones

Post 23

Cardinal Fang

I know how you feel, I once spent an entrtaining 20 minutes trying to get my friend to pick her mobile up
after it had dialed my home phone whilst in her bag. Shouting, screaming, whistling and playing loud
music didn't attract her attention. So I had to listen to her conversation with the taxi driver as she was
on her way back from a night out. Eventually her phone switched off by itself.
Although I confess to having a mobile myself there is an autolock which switches on if the keys aren't pressed
after 5 seconds, thus preventing a similar situation occuring to me. Aren't I the smart one??

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more