This is the Message Centre for Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

Mum update (GB)

Post 201

Websailor

smiley - sorry to hear that GB. Will be thinking of you both over the weekend. I hope it clears soon.

Am I the only one that is puzzled that we never used to hear of this years ago, and they couldn't have kept it secret?

Websailor smiley - dragon

Mum update (GB)

Post 202

Pierre de la Mer ~ sometimes slightly worried but never panicking ~

It is known as Norwalk Virus caused by norovirus. One third of the population of the city of Roskilde were infected by it in 1935. This caused some learned people to write about in the Danish "Doctor's Weekly" and ever since everybody over here just calls it roskildesyge. It usually lasts 48 hours with grownups but may take a week with children. smiley - geek

I hope your mum isn't too badly affected and will get through it quickly smiley - hug

smiley - pirate

Mum update (GB)

Post 203

Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

No visiting still, we went yesterday with some flowers but could only hand them over at the door. She has an appointment for a scan at the Diana hospital tomorrow, at 1.30pm, so I'll see her then. Good job my heart clinic appointment isn't until 3.50pm, eh!

Mum update (GB)

Post 204

Websailor

smiley - goodluck on both counts tomorrow then.

Mum update (GB)

Post 205

Websailor

Was glad to see the Queen recovered. As usual the media did what she didn't want them to do - make a fuss.

smiley - offtopicsmiley - sorry

Mum update (GB)

Post 206

silentmood

Just popped in to say hello....sorry to hear about your mum GB smiley - kiss.I have a new name ,but i'm sure most people will know who i am!!!I will try and get in more often in future..lots of catching up to do!!! catch up soon...sal!!x

Mum update (GB)

Post 207

Hiya smurfles!smiley - biggrin

Well, today was fun, NOT! We were 3/4hr late going in, no apology. Ten minutes Mum was with the consultant, he examined her foot and declared nothing untoward. Then waited 3 hours for the ambulance ride back to the Beacons. As this cut into my appointment time, I had to nip off and leave hersmiley - grrluckily I wasn't gone long and I went back to sit with her until it arrived. Praying the home reopens to visitors tomorrow so we can have some normality back.

Mum update (GB)

Post 208

Another non-visiting day yesterday but the all-clear sounded at lunchtime so I went for 2½hrs this afternoon. I estimate she slept about 2 hours of that time. Her speech was slurred, like she was drunk but I couldn't smell brandy on her (there's a bottle in her room, she asked for a nightcap some time ago). Her irises are losing their colour, there's a thick band of white now, where the hazel used to be smiley - sadface

Mum update (GB)

Post 209

Websailor

smiley - hugsmiley - cuddle

Mum update (GB)

Post 210

Elektragheorgheni -Please read 'The Post'

smiley - hug I am glad that you can visit her now, Galaxy Babe.

Mum update (GB)

Post 211

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

smiley - hug Holding good thoughts.

Mum update (GB)

Post 212

much appreciated, Bless you allsmiley - cuddlesmiley - smoochsmiley - hugsmiley - kiss

Mum update (GB)

Post 213

Prof Animal Chaos.C.E.O..err! C.E.Idiot of H2G2 Fools Guild (Official).... A recipient of S.F.L and S.S.J.A.D.D...plus...S.N.A.F.U.

good vibe sending from friends isn't just for Christmassmiley - cuddlesmiley - smoochit's 24-7smiley - smiley

Mum update (GB)

Post 214

smiley - cuddlesmiley - profsmiley - smooch

Mum update (GB)

Post 215

lil ~ Auntie Giggles with added login ~ returned

Still here, hunny smiley - smoochsmiley - hug

smiley - tea

Mum update (GB)

Post 216

scorp

Me too smiley - hugsmiley - cuddle

Mum update (GB)

Post 217

smiley - cheerupI knowsmiley - brave

The weather's not looking too good, foggy *and* constant drizzle. I might give in and take the car today. There are daffodils in my garden but I suspect the others will get her flowers for Mother's Day so I'll leave them until next week.

Mum update (GB)

Post 218

I left the money to get her hair done, hopefully the hairdresser will visit this morning. She looked lovely last time: http://picasaweb.google.com/109163337517290185142/2013#

Mum update (GB)

Post 219

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2652885 I'm definitely taking the car. I'm going now, I'll give her love from you all. Later, peepssmiley - towel

Mum update (GB)

Post 220

You can call me TC

smiley - hug

Key: Complain about this post