This is the Message Centre for Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

New family member

Post 21

AlsoRan80

Hi GB,

My goodness, for a waif she has got class!!

Her eyes truly are gold - like liquid gold.

I hope she is very happy with you - I am sure she will be .

Thank you for the lovely group photo of the London meet. I think that I can recognise three out of the four .....

Wit a great deal of affection and have a lovely weekend with Ms. goldie (I always think of Goldie Hawn when I hear that name.

Christiane and K.

New family member

Post 22

Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

Hi SC, yes, I find Picasa extremely easy to use, and it's freesmiley - biggrinand easy for people to "collect" a picture they like (just right-click and save)smiley - 2cents

Hello Christiane smiley - hug
The picture you see when replying on my PS is a little more decent than the last onesmiley - blushsmiley - bigeyes and there are l-r: me, minichessemouse, our lil and B'Elana, on the steps of the Shakespeare's Head pub in Holborn, London, at the last-but-one meet I attended, in May 2009.

smiley - smiley

New family member

Post 23

pailaway - (an utterly gratuitous link in the evolutionary chain)

"The kitten belongs to whoever cleans out the litter tray."

I think that's backwards, in the sense that people belong to kittys instead.

Oh, and the kitty gets to decide who.

I think it's probably more accurate to say that the kitty will generally sleep on the person that belongs to them.

So, congratulations! You're that person! smiley - ok

New family member

Post 24

TRiG (Ireland) A dog, so bade in office

Gorgeous.

TRiG.smiley - blackcat

New family member

Post 25

She was fast asleep on my chest earlier smiley - smiley

She has demonstrated an uncanny ability to wrap us around her paws, and likes nothing better than to roll on her back, legs akimbo, inviting us to tickle her tummy.

smiley - bigeyes

New family member

Post 26

Today I called in at the local vet and booked my 6-month old kitten in for spaying.

She's not been outside since we got her, and I have no intention of letting her outside with the family of foxes living across the road, and the much larger tom cat next door, who seems to be more outside (in my garden) than in. But I can't take the risk of her escaping and coming back with a smug look on her face like SWL's cat does. It was his photo of their cat with her latest batch of kittens which tugged my heartstrings and the reason why we have Goldie now. I just hope the Vet doesn't want to keep her overnight or I may just have to camp outside.

New family member

Post 27

Pierre de la Mer ~ sometimes slightly worried but never panicking ~

re 23: spot on, pailaway smiley - ok

cats don't have owners. at best cats have servants

but cats are easily pleased - if you play your cards right - and i am sure AGB is up to the job smiley - biggrin

congrats to both you and the smiley - cat

smiley - pirate

New family member

Post 28

Gnomon - time to move on

Oh, I don't think it is kind to keep a cat indoors. They're perfectly capable of looking after themselves, as long as they keep away from busy roads.

New family member

Post 29

Spaceechik, Typomancer

gnomon, I'd agree, but my cats have never lived anywhere that wasn't next to a busy street. They seem okay with it, they play a lot and don't seem unhappy. But, it isn't natural, I agree.

Also...the foxes! Goldie might not be ahead in the learning curve to avoid them.

New family member

Post 30

Malabarista - now with added pony

Never had a problem with our cats and foxes here, though there are plenty of both. Or other animals, for that matter, though we were a bit worried about the owls and kites when the kittens were small. In fact, our little tomcat managed to kill a stoat when he was less than half a year old smiley - bigeyes They certainly can take care of themselves!

New family member

Post 31

Gnomon - time to move on

I remember one of the first things my kitten decided to do was to attack four magpies - they're birds aren't they, and cats chase birds. We rescued him before there were any problems, and he learned a bit of sense later.

New family member

Post 32

scorp

A gorgeous little girlie GB! Reminds me of one of my fridge magnets which says 'if you want the best seat in the house, you'll have to move the cat' Incidentally where are you sleeping now?smiley - biggrin

New family member

Post 33

Same place, she's not allowed in my bedroom at night, one night of attacking my feet over the covers was enough for me. She now sleeps on the computer chair, and loves it as we put an extra padded cushion on for her.

I don't think it's unnatural to keep a cat indoors. I intend keeping her indoors as I said, because of next door's tom cat (he is huge) and I have a lot of garden birds which I don't want to see in bits and pieces all over my drive. Yes she's got a bell, before you ask. But some birds are slow, and I've cleared away enough carcasses in my time. The road I live on is choka at school drop-off and pick-up times. Otherwise it's very quiet. I don't think Goldie will learn to tell the time though.

Andrew is teaching her to walk on his back. With him standing, but bent in the middle. It's quite a sight, and you may see them on Britain's Got Talent next year smiley - winkeye

http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/galaxybabe/GoldilocksAkaGoldie#5389176523812175090 and the next four pictures.

It amazes me how much she's grown from http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/galaxybabe/GoldilocksAkaGoldie#5363947309891022018 (the day we got her) to http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/galaxybabe/GoldilocksAkaGoldie#5389176522754474930 (today)

New family member

Post 34

scorp

GB! I'll look at your photos shortly; but I just want to tell you about two situations. Some years ago, SS brought a white kitten in his lorry from Co Durham. We subsequently discovered he was deaf. On taking him to the vet for a general check-up, we asked if it was cruel to keep him indoors (we lived on a main road) The vet said no - provided he had plenty of room to exercise. He was with us for 18 years. We subsequently 'adopted' two kittens from the CPL and decided they would be 'outdoor' cats - climbing trees, chasing birds etc etc; 'till a neighbour had to have his cat's leg amputated because some moron had shot it with an air rifle - they instantly became 'indoor' cats and lived to 15 and 16 respectively in perfect happiness.

Do whatever you feel comfortable with hon

New family member

Post 35

RIP Goldie, 29.3.2009 - 26.4.2023

She lived with me for just under 14 years. My constant smiley - cat companion, saw me through bereavements, operations and Covid lockdowns.

She had some back teeth out in March but one side of her upper jaw did not heal. Scraping and biopsy followed. The verdict was aggressive cancer and as it was just beneath her eye, advisedly inoperable. So she went on anti-inflammatory and painkilling medications. Then she started fitting, so I made the decision on Tuesday to take her in the vets for the final time, so she was put to sleep yesterday. I cried so much that I got a stress nosebleed. Andy, my fiance, was with me and we decided to take her home, to bury her in my back garden. He's known her for 5 years and became a bona fide Cat Dad thanks to her.

Goldie was a very contented cat, she kept her shoe & handbag fetish right to the end, loved scenting my sister's boots too. She liked living indoors but also exploring my gardens front and back. smiley - rose Especially when I was gardening. She never liked other cats. She never caught a bird or a mouse in her whole life. I've no doubt that there's a catflap in the Pearly Gates, as surely Saint Peter wouldn't refuse such a beloved and good soul into Heaven. Hopefully she'll be waiting at The Door for me, when it's my time, like she always did in my home. I can't describe how much I miss her.

I note that picasa photos has disappeared. I have been keeping uploading Goldie's photos to Facebook, and the album is public so you don't have to have a Facebook account to view it.

http://www.facebook.com/media/set?vanity=ann.croft.73&set=a.402834981184

New family member

Post 36

Milla, h2g2 Operations

I'm so sorry for your loss, GB, pets are so important.
smiley - towel

New family member

Post 37

Thank you Milla smiley - cheerup

My house isn't a home anymore. The soul has gone. I miss her so much, I am still looking at the empty spaces in the kitchen where her litter tray and food areas were, expecting to do the required jobs. smiley - cry

smiley - cuddle

Key: Complain about this post