This is the Message Centre for Emily...overly fond of the ellipsis...and top ten lists...submit yours @ A87824361...

Un known bands :-D

Post 241

Uncle Heavy [sic]

theyre just as boring as the stereophonics

lol

the eels? herad of them? hmm?

more to the point though, my favourite music is not rock, but electronic

Post 242

Emily...overly fond of the ellipsis...and top ten lists...submit yours @ A87824361...

Ok Chemistry was but I like them and there better in gigssmiley - winkeye

6 underground is good and if you like Sneaker Pimps you would probably like LEtters to Cleo, Save Ferris and Sister Hazel...all really good bandssmiley - winkeye

Post 243

Good Angel - recently become obsessed to the point of psychosis with the film 'Bio-Dome'

Thanks! I'll check them out, I love finding new bands. And no one is as boring as Stereophonics. Performance and Cocktails is the only album I've ever bought and then had to give away.

Novocaine For The Soul is an ace song. If I bought eels albums I'd probably love them, but I have a slight cash-flow problem at the moment. I'll put them on my CD list though. Only 40 more albums to buy now...

smiley - angel

Post 244

Uncle Heavy [sic]

40?!?! damn, I thought 15 was a lot to want...

and yes, i too have cash flow problems. I really should buy less beer, but its so tempting...

Post 245

Emily...overly fond of the ellipsis...and top ten lists...submit yours @ A87824361...

I've got a big list of CD's too...and a cash flow problem...it's all in the bank...I've got loads of birthday money and can't get at it yet!!!

Name all your CD's in your cd rack at the moment including the ones you hate!! I'll do mine later as it involves walking back and forward every two mins from my bedroomsmiley - winkeye

Post 246

Good Angel - recently become obsessed to the point of psychosis with the film 'Bio-Dome'

I don't have a CD rack, I've got two drawers (194 CDs), rather tragically I also have a computer database listing them all (I have too much time on my hands)... do you want me to start with albums, singles or compilations?

smiley - angel

Post 247

smiley - wow Bloody Hell!

195!...I'd have to do mine...my old crappy ones I keep in my cupboard and my 2 sisters collection to get that many!

Post 248

I've just come back from the shops where I bought another 4 - the Camera Obscura and Dandy Warhols singles and 2 Pixies albums - Surfer Rosa and Doolittle. And I got one free with The Big Issue and one with Rock Sound as well, so it's really another 6... that sounds a lot now actually, I think I've been going a bit mad recently.

smiley - angel

Post 249

Uncle Heavy [sic]

I have 53 MDs recorded, two more recording as we speak. My CD collection is quite small actually, as i recorded most of them off of friends. Now, though, my tastes are getting so wierd and obscure that i have to buy what i want. When i think about it, there seem to be more i want everyday....

194! does that include a lot of singles (i never buy them - the album follows soon after)

I'll list em soon, but i can tell you that i most recently listened to electro shock blues by the eels.

Post 250

Lets do CD's first then we can do MD's as I have them toosmiley - winkeye

Post 251

Uncle Heavy [sic]

oh. so now its a contest...

Post 252

Why notsmiley - tongueout

Post 253

Uncle Heavy [sic]

well how many do you got?

Post 254

I do have quite a lot of singles, but most of them are more EPs than singles that don't turn up on albums, or rare promos, or King Adora singles or Suede singles cos I collect them. No MDs though, I'm not that technologically advanced yet.

smiley - angel

Post 255

YOu think that's bad...I've got an MD walkman and recorder on my CD player except!! NO MD's LIKE MY PLAYER except a type that aren't made now!...Ahhh...anyone know what a C13 or C14 error are?

Post 256

Uncle Heavy [sic]

i recorded something, and tried to name stamp it froma mate's, but his dodgy machine nobbled it and now i get a C14 error too...

what is the difference between an EP and an album

and is the song destiny unknown by suede?

squeeze my sweaty tickle patch

Post 257

I don't think so. It's not any album tracks or b-sides that I know, unless it's on the Japanese import 'Let Go' EP. An EP is like a single except with about 4 or 5 tracks on it (by chart rules you can't have any more than two extra tracks on a single now, unless it's all remixes of the same track). Most bands release EPs as their first few releases to get noticed before they move onto proper singles.

smiley - tickle

Post 258

The Banned

Do you lot like Blink182??

There live album is the bestsmiley - winkeye

Post 259

I have a friend who's a massive Blink-182 fan. And I really like the KingBlink website (I wonder why that is...). They're ok. Mark Beaumont likes them (the NME journalist) and I worship him, so they're ok by me.

smiley - angel

Post 260

Uncle Heavy [sic]

no. not really...theyre a bit basic for my tastes.

Well, in case you can place it, the lyrics are about a film star wearing a terylene shirt tonight.

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Emily...overly fond of the ellipsis...and top ten lists...submit yours @ A87824361...

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more