A Conversation for LIL'S ATELIER

10AXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 621

Dizzy H. Muffin

... oh, and also, I've changed my username again (from KimikoMuffin). That's probably something it's a good idea to let people know.

Post 622

Pastey

Morning.

Have I missed anything? smiley - smiley

Post 623

Rev Nick - dead man walking (mostly)

Let's see, 317 mis-steps and foot-in-mouth occurrences of SCRotUS, North Korea testing rockets and such, general mayhem by people that despise those that have given them a good life . . .

On the whole? Nope, not missed much. smiley - smiley

Post 624

Pastey

Ah, business as normal.

Better get back to making beer for when people need to drink their sorrows away then!

Post 625

Vip

Beer is a good plan. The world needs more ways to drown its sorrows. smiley - cheers Crack on...

smiley - fairy

Post 626

Pierre de la Mer ~ sometimes slightly worried but never panicking ~

Yeah smiley - sreehcsmiley - cheers

smiley - pirate

Post 627

Amy Pawloski, aka 'paper lady'--'Mufflewhump'?!? click here to find out... (ACE)

The Manchester meet is 2 months from yesterday, so another good reason to get brewing smiley - winkeye

Post 628

z

I finally graduated from Edinburgh on Saturday.. I've announced everyother qualification here. So I feel I should finish the set.

Post 629

Baron Grim

smiley - applausesmiley - cheers

That white bow tie looked quite sharp.

Post 630

z

I thought I'd feel a plonker wearing a bow tie during the day, but it wasn't too bad.

The head of Glasgow Medical school offered to lend me his, but I wasn't sure how to tie one. Also I'm not sure if you can wear something from Glasgow whilst graduating from Edinburgh. It may explode.

I do half wish I'd gone for highland dress. Highland dress+PhD robes do look very imposing.

Post 631

Baron Grim

I wisely left my kilts safe at home in Texas when I visited y'all 3 years ago. smiley - winkeye

If you come to Texas, I'll expect you to leave any kicker books back in Scotland in return. smiley - cheers

(If I had been traveling to Dumbartonshire, I might have brought my clan tartan. On a future trip I do want to finish up some genealogy I started nearly two decades ago when I bought that tartan drunkenly at a Renaissance festival. I was so relieved to find I really am part of Clan Colquhoun.)

Post 632

I just took a Fb test which showed I am 100% Scottish

But maybe it showed that the Scots are 100% Vikings? smiley - biggrin

smiley - pirate

Post 633

Baron Grim

I believe it showed that anyone with a general knowledge of Scotland was susceptible to clickbait, including myself. (also 100%)

smiley - winkeyesmiley - laugh

Post 634

Vip

Congratulations, z! So does that mean you are done for qualifications, or is there always another on the horizon?

smiley - fairy

Post 635

re posting 633:

Fair enough smiley - biggrin

smiley - pirate

Post 636

Rev Nick - dead man walking (mostly)

[RNick]

Post 637

z

VIP. If I stay in my current field it's about research, writing and teaching now. Any more qualifications would be an indulgence. However....

Post 638

logicus tracticus philosophicus

[delurk} might be of interest to some https://h2g2.com/dna/h2g2/classic/F80756?thread=127664&latest=1

Post 639

logicus tracticus philosophicus

http://h2g2.com/dna/h2g2/classic/F80756?thread=127664&latest=1

Post 640

Pastey

Morning all smiley - smiley Is the kettle on?

Key: Complain about this post