A Conversation for LIL'S ATELIER

56Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1

Montana Redhead (now with letters)

Alright, here goes nothing!

Welcome to the 56Xth Conversation! Lil, being incredibly busy at the moment, asked that someone launch a new conversation, so Montana Redhead decided to try her hand at it, and is desperately hoping she won't mess it up too badly...

The most recent conversation presented the Salonistas with some interesting challenges, like Amy's raft, which, apparently, is on perpetual leak mode.

Sporky, having had some difficulties with aliasing circles, is now poised to become a Community Artist. Red Dog, hoping to avoid any encounters with "The Man," has arrived safely in the UK. And Titania's pictures finally got their link.

Halloween came and went, with the usual post-holiday candy binge and FG's delicious pumpkin soup recipe (who knew it could be more than pie?) The Masque got underway, with everyone coming in costume, and Lil surprised everyone with her alterego. We've had some birthdays, and on a more somber note, Sadie, Caerwynn's beloved cat, moved on to the catnip fields in the sky.

Lil's computer has been giving her trouble, and with the nearest repair shop 100 miles away, it may warrent a field call from our resident technophiles, Courtesy38 and Marv the Grate (and others!), who have revived their friendly debate on which Operating System actually operates.

Hospitals also ran through the conversation. Hypatia's husband is currently waiting patiently for heart surgery. Hypatia, on the other hand, is not so patient. Marv's mom had a scare, but is home safe and sound, although Marv is still not sure he likes hospitals any better.

Typofili has joined our ranks, as has Jo, whose official name, sadly, escapes my ability to type. Phil, a long lost member of the Atelier, poked his head in, and sea is still MIA, although with 3 jobs, a boyfriend, an apartment, AND school, we certainly understand.

And Zeppo has issues with the telephone:
http://teachx.rutgers.edu/~delaphant/telephone.jpg

So come join us in the hot tub, have a smiley - stiffdrink or a smiley - tea, and join in the conversation!

Post 2

Titania (gone for lunch)

Am I first? Am I first?

Post 3

Hands the FTTF mug to Ti, because she is, in fact, first.

Post 4

Titania (gone for lunch)

Yohoooo!smiley - diva

*does a happy little dance, for a moment forgetting that she's in the hot tub, causing a minor tidal wave*

Post 5

What's strange is that I hadn't even posted it yet. So how the heck you found it is beyond me. I was still previewing it when I clicked to make sure the link worked, and there you were....

weird.

Post 6

Munchkin

Dagnabit, only something like five minutes late.
Nice intro by the way. smiley - cheers

Post 7

Thanks! I'm rather sweating it over here. And as it is now almost 2 in the morning, and I have to get up in 5 hours, I am going to bed.

Post 8

Titania (gone for lunch)

Yes, forgot to say - nice intro MR!smiley - ok

Well, I'm subscribed to new conversations belonging to this entry, and I wouldn't have become an H2IQ champion if I wasn't quick - sometimes, at least!smiley - biggrin

Post 9

Amy the Ant - High Manzanilla of the Church of the Stuffed Olive

*holds onto the dinghy tightly while Titania's tidal wave passes*

I'm not doing an eskimo roll to find the leak until I know exactly how you're making those bubbles, T. smiley - raisedeyebrow

Post 10

Titania (gone for lunch)

Eh - something we used to do as kids, called the coffee kettle... (probably a game played in swim school to get the kids used to being under water) either sink down low enough to have lips under water, or pinch nose and dip your head - and then say something like... like.... 'brrrrmmmm' or something - imitating a car sound...smiley - silly

.Oooo..oOo..oOo..oOo..oOo..oOo..OO..OO..OO..OO.

Post 11

Nothing to do with Matina's bean salad then?

Post 12

Coniraya

{[caer]} stomach bugged smiley - ill

Post 13

dElaphant (and Zeppo his dog (and Gummo, Zeppos dog)) - Left my apostrophes at the BBC

smiley - yawn MR did you get up at 5:00 AM just to start a new thread?
smiley - dog

Post 14

dElaphant (and Zeppo his dog (and Gummo, Zeppos dog)) - Left my apostrophes at the BBC

Wait a second - your in CA right? that means 2 hours ago minus the 3 hour difference - 2 AM? Are you just up late?
smiley - dog

Post 15

Candi - now 42!

[smiley - weirdsmiley - musicalnotesmiley - star]
Hello all.......
Oh dear, sorry for my absence - haven't a hope in hell of catching up with the b'log....smiley - erm

Post 16

Sol

But it's only one LED long so far smiley - winkeye

My teenagers cancelled. Isn't that wonderful? Not that I don't wish that they'll all be fit and healthy by Friday's lesson of course...

Ooops. Sorry, Amy!

Post 17

Sol

And... dam dam dam dam dam... Great intro, MR!

Post 18

Sol

And that should have been smiley - diva *thrisd small tidal wave of the thread*

Post 19

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

*Chloe arrives next to the hot tub with a small pontoon raft made out of styrofoam and places it in the water next to Amy*

Well done MR! Very comprehensive and just in time. It's well before your time so you wouldn't know, but Joanna is practically a charter member of the salon, although we haven't really hardly seen her since before the Foop. She had the very first concession in all of HooToo, the Donut Stall. It was out of Affi's experiences at the Donut Stall that Crater Labs came into existence, and only because of the existence of Crater Labs that the Atelier was made possible.

Here endeth the lesson. smiley - silly

But I am so glad you did the honours.

Hallo Phil! Become a regular visitor again soon!

Does Babel-17 still frequent h2g2?

Post 20

*surfaces in the water of the hot tub and collects the oars that are floating around her* chucks the oars onto the styrofoam pontoon* turns to see the dinghy sink beneath the waves*

smiley - sigh Sunk with all hands... and feet.

*treads water*

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more