A Conversation for LIL'S ATELIER

53Xth Conversation

Post 881

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

[LIL]

53Xth Conversation

Post 882

Garius Lupus

I had a fairly lengthy conversation with Ancient Brit on my home page and found him a decent sort. He likes to follow the "rules" and is not afraid to argue his point. And I actually benefited from his view about using the appropriate reply button (he believes you should hit the reply button on the post to which you are responding to, not the reply button on the last post in the thread). He pointed out that if you use the reply button on the post that you are replying to, you get to see that post at the bottom of the post window. This can be very handy if you want to reply to several points in a post that isn't the last one in the thread.

Basically, he just likes organization. I'd bet that his house is very tidy, with everything having a place and everything in its place.

Oh, and Titania, I think you have taken him the wrong way. He's not being critical of you, he just knows that your opinion on various things is different from his and he can't help pointing out when his way would be better or when you are inconsistent. He is very firm in his opinions, and senses that you are firm in yours and so he tries to score points in the arguement. But he is doing it in a friendly, chafing sort of way. It's like the two old neighbours who constantly argue, but still meet every night at the pub to do so.

53Xth Conversation

Post 883

Hypatia

I'm just happy to know that there's someone on the internet older than I am. smiley - smiley

Okay, time to show my ignorance. We're sneaking up on 900 postings to this thread. Do these time out at 1000? And when the new thread starts, is there a link posted on this thread?

53Xth Conversation

Post 884

marvthegrate LtG KEA

Lil, Should you like I can make a new thread a little later in the day. it would be my first experiance doing so since taking up digs in the salon.

53Xth Conversation

Post 885

Titania (gone for lunch)

Hypatia, who ever starts a new thread posts a link in this thread - and they don't time out - I think this one of the longest ones still active on h2g2: <./>F24306?thread=93443&latest=1</.>

53Xth Conversation

Post 886

Hypatia

Thanks Titania. smiley - cool

53Xth Conversation

Post 887

marvthegrate LtG KEA

Here is my humble attempt to intro a conversation, I resisted using a slightly different naming convention for it as well. I am proud of myself
F38024?thread=208830&post=2383706#p2383706

Key: Complain about this post