A Conversation for LIL'S ATELIER

80Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2001

Mr. Dreadful - But really I'm not actually your friend, but I am...

<>

smiley - laugh Well you had wasted their time... by being competent, not blindly following nonsensical orders, questioning stupid decisions. If you'd been a mindless drone the supervisor would have had more time to spend itching his armpits or something.

Post 2002

dElaphant (and Zeppo his dog (and Gummo, Zeppos dog)) - Left my apostrophes at the BBC

You had wasted *their* time? How? By not providing yourself with the training that they should have given you?

FG, even though you are leaving, I think you should put your observations down in a letter and send it off to a higher level of management or regulatory body. I'm sure someone will be interested in the violation of federal law.

It's good you have the old job to go back to. smiley - hug
smiley - dog

Post 2003

kelli - ran 2 miles a day for 2012, aiming for the same for 2013

FG I agree with d'E - you should put together the things you have told us in a letter and send it to the higher-ups as they really do need to know what is happening on the ground. You might get written off as a 'disgruntled ex-employee' but at least you'd know you've done what you can to make sure other new employees are not treated like that. smiley - cuddle

Post 2004

kelli - ran 2 miles a day for 2012, aiming for the same for 2013

smiley - applause for David B on the front page (with pic!) today smiley - smiley

Post 2005

FG

As soon as I catch up on my sleep and calm down (I'm pretty emotionally distraught, overwhelmed, and, above all, disappointed in myself and the job) I'll consider writing a letter to someone in charge.

Post 2006

WanderingAlbatross - Wing-tipping down the rollers of life's ocean.

FG,
You did the right thing and do write to somebody in authority and relate your experience, warts and all.

Tell them how much you were looking forwards to working for such a prestigous organisation, with a good reputation, but how the reality was just the opposite. The forklift truck incident beggars belief.

Remember - It's hard to soar with the eagles when surrounded by a bunch of turkeys.

Post 2007

FG

I'm off to bed, but before I go I want to leave everyone with a little fun:

http://animal.discovery.com/cams/pandavidr.html

Live panda cam!

Post 2008

Good Doctor Zomnker (This must be Tuesday," said GDZ to himself, sinking low over his Dr. Pepper, "I never could get the hang of Tuesdays.")

FG, what they all said.

Post 2009

David B - Singing Librarian Owl

I think he definitely deserves an 'employer from hell' award. smiley - cross

Post 2010

David B - Singing Librarian Owl

Ooh, a new LED that was hiding...

Thanks for the applause, Kelli. Did you like the article? B helped out as well. I do like the pic!

Post 2011

Hypatia

FG, smiley - hugsmiley - stiffdrink. I agree that you need to write a letter outlining the last week. And put in everything so they can see that it was a lot of incidents that when combined made the situation intolerable.

smiley - applause David. smiley - applause

Post 2012

marvthegrate LtG KEA

Hmm, perhaps I will look in to how to report an employer to OSHA for unsafe and threatening workplace environments.

Post 2013

Santragenius V

Oh, I'd agree that they deserve all that and quite possibly more!

As to root beets, one very simple and - imho - smiley - drool thing to do is peel them and then shred (grate? whatever the word is) them raw, add shredded (...) apple and finely grated horseradish. Very nice side salad!

Just went to a (pre-)wedding at w**k and had some very nice smiley - choc and a decent glass of smiley - redwine. Could have had another quite easily - nice people there, including the guy getting married on Saturday - but I do have to drive...

Post 2014

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

I wish with all my heart that we could have got you fitted with a wire before you went on duty last night, FG. I would so love to have seen that dysfunctional world blow up in the faces of those b*****ds. Was this a mix of genders, or were they all female or all male?

Post 2015

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

Clean cups! Clean cups!
F38024?thread=1477507
smiley - run

Post 2016

Afgncaap5

See, I would've left at the knife fight. Bad experiences with knife fights.

Post 2017

Lentilla (Keeper of Non-Sequiturs)

Wow... Well, did you give a sigh of relief when you left your former job?

Sorry you had wasted their time? Sheesh. That's almost as bad as a boss telling me I cost them more money than I was making for them, which was patently untrue. That job didn't last long either.

The employers are the ones who have it easy right now. Everybody's begging for jobs. I hope that turns around soon!

Post 2018

Lentilla (Keeper of Non-Sequiturs)

Cursed new hidden LEDs... grumble, grumble... [Packs up coffee mug and favorite squishy pillow, and tromps off to new thread.]

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more