A Conversation for FU on tour. Part 2: The intergalactic years

FU meeting

Post 1

Datta

Apologies for not showing: I had to pop in to work first, so by the time I made it to Waterstones I wasn't sure if anybody would still be there.

Five minutes later, having approached the most likely-looking group of people and suffered excruciating public embarassment, I left Waterstones...

Oh well, at least I had backup plans...

BTW Barquing, nice work, fella.

FU meeting

Post 2

Barquing

huzzah! it works!

I think we left Waterstones at about 6.45ish so we might have just missed you. Darn shame.

FU meeting

Post 3

SpankTM

As I recall we left Waterstones at six, hung around Rupert Street Starbucks for a bit and made it into the Blue Posts around 6.45. The Starbucks visit may have been a mistake in retrospect: apparently Paul waited for us at the pub till half six and then left.

barquing: good work, fella.

FU meeting

Post 4

sezzy_boy

ger-blah ger blah ger bloogy..

Wish I could have been there...
Got rat-arsed at a friends flat warming instead.

Next time mebbe!

FU meeting

Post 5

Barquing

besides, being in Sweeden was probably a good excuse. Sorry 'bout that Spank, my timekeeping has never been reliable..

FU meeting

Post 6

FilmFan

I wonder which group Datta THOUGHT was us?

FU meeting

Post 7

Barquing

the guy Poobi acosted perhaps?

FU meeting

Post 8

Barquing

oops. thats PoobiE by the way

FU meeting

Post 9

FilmFan

Speaking of Poobie, where is she?

FU meeting

Post 10

Malcotraz

Accosting strange men with "are you from a website?"

FU meeting

Post 11

FilmFan

Ah, Mr M. And then there were seven...

FU meeting

Post 12

Malcotraz

I did wonder whether Paul may have been there and left before we arrived. Unfortunate.

FU meeting

Post 13

paul15

Indeed I was sitting in the pub from 6.15 onwards, ( I'd washed my hair and everything) eagerly awaiting the arrival of friendly FU faces, but none came... sniff, sniff.

FU meeting

Post 14

FilmFan

Oh dear. We're very VERY sorry, Paul. We must have just missed you... How was the film, anyway?

FU meeting

Post 15

paul15

Oh well, I was very sorry to have missed everyone, if I'd been sure I was in the right pub I would have waited longer (talkboards being down and I hadn't made a note of the name - just remembered that 'Blue' was in it) - so we (Mrs Paul15, whose name, rather conveniently is Paula, was also in attendance) looked in a couple of other pubs, with no luck obviously, and went and had a meal in the Alsace restaurant in Poland Street instead. Film was great (Once Upon A Time in the West)- looked lovely in its new print.

FU meeting

Post 16

gillian

So did you all go out and get drunk, or was it very civilised?

FU meeting

Post 17

Barquing

It was very civilised indeed. We all sat round quoting Kieslowski at each other.

FU meeting

Post 18

SpankTM

Both, sort of. I spent the whole of Sunday haunted by the image of Colin Welland in the shower yelling "The British are coming!", but that's just me.

FU meeting

Post 19

Barquing

No doubt, that was the highlight of his day...

FU meeting

Post 20

Poobie

Aaah, I've found you! Thanks for setting this up barquing. What a fine fellow you are. It was good to meet some of your good folks, albeit briefly. Managed to catch my train to Brighton but was in the wrong half and when it split I ended up in Eastbourne! So eventually arrived at the fair Careena's at around 10.00pm. Irksome in the extreme.

Key: Complain about this post