A Conversation for M2M2 - The H2G2 Lesbigay Area

Cartoons

Post 1

Primeval Mudd (formerly Roymondo)

I've just noticed, to my surprise, that I fancy 2D from Gorillaz. A cartoon character. I suppose it's the same sort of deal as the infamous Wilma/Betty Flinstones thing. Does anybody else find 2D cute, or any other cartoon characters? Or am I in need of help?

Cartoons

Post 2

Ivan the Terribly Average

I can honestly say that I've never thought a cartoon character cute, but 2D does remind me of my ex-partner's younger brother; he's rather cute, in a malnourished impoverished-student sort of way.

Disturbingly, I sometimes find historical characters appealing. It's just as pointless, isn't it?

(Mind you, the strangest case I've heard of is an acquaintance who finds Gladstone sexually attractive. He has a thing about those huge late-Victorian sideburns... smiley - weird)

Cartoons

Post 3

I've just Googled Gladstone and, having looked at several pictures, find the whole thing very disturbing.smiley - smiley

Cartoons

Post 4

It's somewhere beyond disturbing, in my book.

But, back to the cartoons. Is it only 2D, or are there other cartoon characters lurking in the subconscious?

Cartoons

Post 5

I've had a bit of a rummage 'round the murkier bits of my head and remembered that I used to like Hobbes (the toy tiger from Calvin & Hobbes). I think it's because he reminds of someone I used to know. I hope that's why, otherwise it's in Gladstone territory. I can't think of any more, but then I've never been much of a cartoon fan.

Cartoons

Post 6

Come to think of it, there was a rather appealing young man in some anime series that I saw back in the early 80s. I can't even remember what the show was called...

Cartoons

Post 7

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

Hmm, cartoon characters...... possibly... smiley - bigeyes But Gladstone?! smiley - ermsmiley - weird Thanks for revealing the Gladstone thing; It makes me almost feel normal in comparason smiley - winkeyesmiley - laugh and this from someone who one of his very good friends today called a 'slapper', a 'tart' and a few other choice words smiley - biggrin I think* in jest smiley - biggrin oh, yeh, cartoon characters.... smiley - erm Hmmm, maybe....

Cartoons

Post 8

HonestIago

I'll be honest, I have a bit of a thing for Mr Incredible, he's just dreamy

Cartoons

Post 9

coffeeshaman

i never really felt much attraction to Cartoon characters, except in web comics (mostly furry, marf)

Cartoons

Post 10

Schrödinger's Cat-flap

Wheee, just found this- me too me too! Jessica Rabbit in my case...

Cartoons

Post 11

Oops, belated response. I think *everybody* found Jessica Rabbit a bit, erm, 'distracting' (mind you, I was still batttling confusion at the time).

I'm still trying to think of any others. It's not keeping me awake at night or anything but...

Ah, that may be the problem.

*must start thinking of cartoons during the 'just got to bed, not quite ready to fall asleep, ooh look where my hand's ended up' moment*

If I start to get a crush on Mr Tickle I'll not be impressed. Mr Tickle. Hmm, there's a thought. smiley - handcuffssmiley - run

Cartoons

Post 12

Schrödinger's Cat-flap

Hmmm, totally forgot about manga characters. Mostly the gothy female villains or pretty boy types.

Cartoons

Post 13

chubstar1975

I kinda fancied Jessica Rabbit - yes, a feminine cartoon character! - when Roger Rabbit came out. In the cinema, obviously, not a declaration of anything!

Perhaps I was actually after the gorgeously WOOFY Bob Hoskins. Take your shirt off and show me your fur Bob!

Long Good Friday shower scene. *faint*

I also have a significant longing for Velma (yes, another woman) off Scooby Doo. Possibly an Oedipal Complex though as she looks like my Mum.

Shall I stop there? Yes, I think so.

Key: Complain about this post