A Conversation for The Cheshire Grin Inn

Welcome to the Cheshire Grin Inn

Post 81

DonQuixotic

I just thought I'd stop in for a pint, but it doesn't seem as if there's anyone around. I'll stop by later to see if things have picked up. smiley - cheers

Post 82

Bagheera: Spellchecker, Grammarian Pedant, Semiquavering Secretary and member of the Punctuation Police

smiley - wow There were so many cobwebs in front of the door I'd forgotten this pub was HERE!!! smiley - run
smiley - stiffdrink Pours a swift Jamesons to accompany a foaming tankard of Cains smiley - ale 2008 Celebration smiley - ale

[Thinks] Coincidence is a funny thing: reference to the conversation about Ballroom Dancing dating from smiley - yikes2002smiley - yikes, and a mini-rant I can feel building inside me about the pathetic non-entertainment value of Brucie polluting TV screens in the UK with his appalling so-called "jokes" on 'Strictly Come Dancing'

smiley - steam IF IT AIN'T BUST DON'T TRY TO FIX IT!!!! smiley - steam
Let's have the original format back, NOT these so-called "celebs" who don't seem to have a jot of rhythm between them smiley - grr

Post 83

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

Yes, well, the cobwebs are a sign that at least smiley - spidersmiley - spider have kept busy. I hope they haven't drunk up the last of the Pinot Noir.

Speaking of finishing bottles, I am reminded of a scene in a movue I saw yesterday, "The Day After Yesterday." In it, an ice age has started, as the Northern hemisphere is being battered by three superstorms. Ian Holm plays a meteorologist in Scotland who realizes that most of Europe and North America are about to be frozen to death.
Someone suggests using the last bottle of Scotch to run the electric generator, but Holm thinks that would be a waste of good scotch. They drink the scotch instead. smiley - cheers In other words, they are doomed and might as well find what little enjoyment that can before the end.

smiley - ghost

Post 84

Bagheera: Spellchecker, Grammarian Pedant, Semiquavering Secretary and member of the Punctuation Police

smiley - laugh Well, IMHO people who'd stock [and drink!!] smiley - yukScotch when they COULD have had a bottle of smiley - tongueoutJamesons instead DESERVE to be doomed ...Running a genny is just about all I'd consider using MOST scotch whisky for ( - though it's rumoured that there are both Welsh and Japanese versions of this smiley - stiffdrink spirit which taste smiley - yuk even WORSE .... smiley - runsmiley - ill

Post 85

I've had very little scotch, and no Jamesons at all, so I wouldn't be the best person to try to figure out which is best (or worst). smiley - erm

I like a little sherry or Madeira occasionally. I put chablis or burgundy in soup when the recipe calls for it. Otherwise, I'm a teetotaler. smiley - smiley

Post 86

DonQuixotic

It looks like things are picking up already. Hi All!

Jameson's is good stuff, but I do drink Glenfiddich Scotch usually. smiley - erm Guinness is my favorite irish thing to drink. smiley - ok Speaking of which, is there a bartender about? smiley - biggrin

Post 87

eloisa

Can I leave a drink in for Amy the Ant should she ever head this way.

And asmiley - cider for me.

And some peanuts,smiley - ta

Post 88

eloisa, there's a smiley - stout waiting in the pipes for Amy the Ant: hopefully she'll get wind of the planned Pub Crawl - which I suppose is an appropriate way for an ANT to get from Pub to Pub .... smiley - winkeyesmiley - laugh

Post 89

Have any of you heard of Pub Crawl of the Damned? It's fun. smiley - smiley

Post 90

Lurcher

As a regular here..(2002,last visit, I believe),I`m damned if I`ve heard of any pub crawl like that. Sounds about right, though. smiley - cdouble

Post 91

Sorry, Lurcher.
I made a mistake. smiley - erm
It's Bar crawl of the damned. You can check it out if you wish at:

dot
quantummuse
dot
com
/
bcotd
/
intro
dot
html

Basically, it's a comic-book version of Kurt the Werewolf and Sean the Vampire as they drift from bar to bar late at night....

Post 92

eloisa

Thanks for the tip off, very funny indeed.

Co-eds.

Giggle.

Pub crawls are good, specially when they're bad.

Post 93

Personable

Awfully quiet...

Hello, All!

I heard an echo about a jameson or a glenfidditch, maybe?

A shot of Captain Morgan's would suffice for the moment.

Hello?

Post 94

Cal - interim high priest of the Church of the Holy Tail

*walks in and starts ording drinks for everyone*

Post 95

Lady Pennywhistle - Back with a vengeance! [for a certain, limited value of Vengeance; actual amounts of Vengeance may vary]

*Walks in, looking carefully around for any simposts that might jump on her suddenly*

*Gets herself a smiley - coffee and takes a sit*

Post 96

GodBen (The Magical Astronomer) - 00000011

Walks in for no real purpose.

Welcome to the Cheshire Grin Inn (Free drinks for marchers for Jack)

Post 97

Drink GB?

Post 98

WanderingAlbatross - Wing-tipping down the rollers of life's ocean.

Hang on guys Air Albatross going for soft landing........smiley - snowball...........smiley - peacedove....Please remain hanging with your knitting done up until the Big Bird has come to a complete stop and the Captain has switched off the seat belt sign.

Post 99

GodBen (The Magical Astronomer) - 00000011

You you can't! I'm not a liquid. smiley - sadface

Post 100

*blinks*

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more